Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Jerry Miculek 930 shotgun

ajg308

When I stopped by the Mossberg booth I simply love this shotgun when I got to hold it. I also watched Patrick perform at the 3 Gun Nation Champioship while I was in Vegas, and he was firing it FAST. The video doesn't quite do it justice since he did alot more tricks than what was shown. I have to go for the Tactical Version since my local matches require an 8+1, and don't allow an 9+1

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So any reason not to get the 9+1 model? Some clubs I start cruiser ready and having 9 in the tube for tac optic gives a slight advantage to the 8 shot guys. And if we start with shotty being able to add a round at buzzer would be very helpful sometimes.

If we get the 9+1 and go to a 8+1 limited match, can we just put a plug in for that one match?

I plug my 10 plus 1 shotgun at the matches that require fewer rounds.

Jim M.

What do you use to plug it for two less?

Out of curiosity, at the matches where they only allow 8+1, cant you just not load it higher than that or do they require a "plug" or limiter of some kind?

I have heard both options, one said go ahead and if you mess up you get bumped to open.the other range said plug it cause they don't want to hassle the ro's with another thing to have to keep an eye on. So It really depends where you go.

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone know what kind of butt pad this thing has? I used an FN and it was super tacky, kept getting stuck on my shirt when mounting from port arms and when i bring it up and down to reload. I like the Benelli style - its smooth and wont snag. Also, does anyone know if they have replacement butt pads that are smaller/thinner to make the LOP shorter? (Lady shooter here) Benelli sells those for their M2 at $100 a pop! :surprise:

I was reallying thinking of going M2 but after seeing this I could save $1000 if I wait a month or two? hmmmm...

I had the same problem when I put a Limbsaver on my M1, but Limbsaver sells a coating that you paint on like fingernail polish, and it kills the tackiness. I painted it on the top of the pad so it wouldn't stick to my clothes while mounting the shotgun.

• 4 weeks later...

8 rd is 7 + 1 and the 9 round is 8+1 correct? Meaning that 8 + 1 works for tatical limited since 8 in the mag and 9 if locked and loaded? New to it and just wanting to make sure I am tracking.

Thanks,

Chris

Mag tube spring on my 22" jm 930 seems very stiff which slows down reloads. Will it compress a little over time or should i trim it a little at a time? Dont want to ruin it, but it sticks out the end of mag tube around 2 feet.

Thanks

Mark

Contacted Nordic, since the extended tube is theirs, thought the spring is theirs as well. Told me the spring was not sourced from them, and recommended I leave the spring compressed with a full loads of shells in the tube for a while, to compress it some. Did not recommend cutting it. Will follow their advice after I reassemble the sg, and will listen to what others on this site say. Have it apart for cleaning, lubing, polishing the bore. Already polished the hammer and sear contact areas with Flitz; got rid of a hitch in the pull and it went from 4.75 to 4 lbs, clean with a little travel, more or a roll. Good enough for this noob!

Mark

Mine loads 8 without much effort (although I don't really have anything to compare it to, so it may be tighter compared to other shotguns), and it looks like it only needs another 3/4" - 1" to load the 9th round in there. With that said, I looked on the Nordic's website, and see that they offer 3 different end cap sizes - "standard", 0.75" and 1.5". The end cap that came with the 930 JM measures at 0.90", so I'm not sure if it's the "standard" one, or some "custom" size made specifically for this model. I'm tempted to buy their 1.5" end cap and see if it allows me to load 9th round with it. Has anyone tried it yet?