Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Jerry Miculek 930 shotgun

ajg308

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im usually good for a dumb idea, can you unthread the cap about half way and locktite it? that and a spring trim might do it

That's actually a good idea, I hadn't thought of that. I wouldn't go as far as using Loctite on it, but I'll try moving the end cap back a little (as far as threads will allow) and see if the 9th round will pop in.

Buddy of mine picked one of these up for $649, we're gonna go play with it tomorrow and see how it runs with a variety of ammo and slugs. Can't wait. I'll be buying one if it runs good. Can't beat the price for a ready to go shotty set up for 3-Gun.

Mine loads 8 without much effort (although I don't really have anything to compare it to, so it may be tighter compared to other shotguns), and it looks like it only needs another 3/4" - 1" to load the 9th round in there. With that said, I looked on the Nordic's website, and see that they offer 3 different end cap sizes - "standard", 0.75" and 1.5". The end cap that came with the 930 JM measures at 0.90", so I'm not sure if it's the "standard" one, or some "custom" size made specifically for this model. I'm tempted to buy their 1.5" end cap and see if it allows me to load 9th round with it. Has anyone tried it yet?

I haven't tried it yet, but I have the 1.5" end cap on the way just to see if it will give me an extra round.

Mine loads 8 without much effort (although I don't really have anything to compare it to, so it may be tighter compared to other shotguns), and it looks like it only needs another 3/4" - 1" to load the 9th round in there. With that said, I looked on the Nordic's website, and see that they offer 3 different end cap sizes - "standard", 0.75" and 1.5". The end cap that came with the 930 JM measures at 0.90", so I'm not sure if it's the "standard" one, or some "custom" size made specifically for this model. I'm tempted to buy their 1.5" end cap and see if it allows me to load 9th round with it. Has anyone tried it yet?

I haven't tried it yet, but I have the 1.5" end cap on the way just to see if it will give me an extra round.

Please let us know how it turns out.

Please let us know how it turns out.

Will do.

I got my buddy some exciting news this morning... I have some serious Googlefu and can normally find anything I want at a good price. Well I was running into a problem finding one of these JM Pro Series guns for him and messed around with how I was searching for it for a while and found it on Bud's... In stock! I had looked there before but couldn't find it. Low and behold, they had listed it as a Rifle and it was on the wrong page. He nabbed the only one in stock about an hour ago. He got it for $558 SHIPPED!!! But for those of you looking for one, you can sign up to get notified by Bud's when it's back in stock at the link here...

https://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/product_info.php/products_id/79799

Notice that it's in the Rifle section and not with the rest of the shotguns. Weird...

whittakers guns in Owensboro, KY had 1 on the shelf yesterday at 8 a.m. for $550. Also, saw a couple in use at the 3 gun match in Owensboro yesterday so if your looking for one it might be worth giving them a call.

I got my buddy some exciting news this morning... I have some serious Googlefu and can normally find anything I want at a good price. Well I was running into a problem finding one of these JM Pro Series guns for him and messed around with how I was searching for it for a while and found it on Bud's... In stock! I had looked there before but couldn't find it. Low and behold, they had listed it as a Rifle and it was on the wrong page. He nabbed the only one in stock about an hour ago. He got it for $558 SHIPPED!!! But for those of you looking for one, you can sign up to get notified by Bud's when it's back in stock at the link here...

https://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/product_info.php/products_id/79799

Notice that it's in the Rifle section and not with the rest of the shotguns. Weird...

If you want to get one from Bud's - check their website yourself periodically and don't rely on their notification system, it doesn't work. The JM Pro model has been in and out of stock at least half a dozen times over the past two weeks and I have yet to receive a single notification from them.

Also, those who purchased their 9-shot models a couple of weeks ago for $570 or more, use their price guarantee service to get some of your money back. I filed the claim last week when I saw the price drop to $550 and just got my $20 back a couple of days ago. :)

Right around 5:15. I read the last post and went to Bud's and they showed it in stock. Bought it on the spot. I was on the waiting list for around a week with no response.

Edited by Marv Z

I'm getting ready to order a JM Pro, and would like to get a pictinny rail with it . I see the mossy catalog offers a #96200 "picatinny rail, matte finish" and a #95208 "scope base, matte finish". Honestly, they both look the same, but I know there has to be a difference.

Could anyone explain the difference here? I eventually want to put a scope or halograph red dot sight on it. Not sure which one would be best for my pupose.

I'm getting ready to order a JM Pro, and would like to get a pictinny rail with it . I see the mossy catalog offers a #96200 "picatinny rail, matte finish" and a #95208 "scope base, matte finish". Honestly, they both look the same, but I know there has to be a difference.

Could anyone explain the difference here? I eventually want to put a scope or halograph red dot sight on it. Not sure which one would be best for my pupose.

Well those do look like the same item... :wacko:

Among other things a “Picatinny” rail will have specific, evenly spaced slots along the length of the base. A “scope base” can have its slots at sorted, non standardized, spacing.

I'd choose the #96200 rail

So with the JM 930 what sling swivels/connectors are best to use and what sling is good? New to the shotgun game and a few places around here require slings on the shotguns so looking at the options. Thanks for any advice.

I have been running a Mossberg 930 for over a year now and I use a VTAC padded sling. For the buttstock I used the A2 stock sling adapter from VTAC, removed the buttpad, and then actually installed th buttpad over the top of the A2 stock adapter strap. On the front I am using a standard Uncle Mikes QD sling swivel on a Choate barrel/tube clamp. If you have a JM930 then you will have to get a Nordic picatinny rail for the front and a picatinny sling adapter. At least this is how I run mine.......

So with the JM 930 what sling swivels/connectors are best to use and what sling is good? New to the shotgun game and a few places around here require slings on the shotguns so looking at the options. Thanks for any advice.

I use VCAS padded sling with my carbines and would like to adapt it to be used with the shotgun as well. My plan is to try installing Noveske Flush QD sling mount into the stock and see how that works. Ideally, I'd like to have the same mount installed into the handguard, but I don't think there is enough room there for it, so I'll probably have to use the DD QD rail mount on the Nordic clamp rail.