Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Cowboy shooters kick our butts

What is it with Cowboy Action Shooters and props? The have rolling stage coaches, horses, jails, complete freakin' little towns!

Do any of those guys have day jobs or what?

When it comes to props, I think the Cowboy shooters are kickin' our asses.

Well I don't know any thing about that , BUT I Like Cowboys ... :goof: I wish they would stop shooting them.

You like Cowboys?? hmmmmmm

Seriously, I think cowboy action has a lot of style involved. A lot of costumes and stuff. They do have cool props.

What is it with Cowboy Action Shooters and props? The have rolling stage coaches, horses, jails, complete freakin' little towns!

I would like to shoot a Cowboy match, in the outfit and everything, but still use 3gun gear

I would like to shoot a Cowboy match, in the outfit and everything, but still use 3gun gear

They would have to change the name to Broke Back Mountain Mystery 3 Gun.

That might not help attendance

price table items from sponsors could be real interesting though

That might not help attendance

price table items from sponsors could be real interesting though

Did you hear they are coming out with a sequel but this time it's going to be about two women?....It's going to be called "Broke Back Mountain 2 : (The Fur Traders). :devil:

Haha!

I went to a match last year that did some pretty cool props..It was the Normandy beach invasion.

You started out in a mock landing craft,shooting out of the side windows and poppers with flippers in front with your shotgun..

Then you had to pull your knife and cut the landing craft door down(two 1/4 prices of rope on each side)

From there you grab your rifle,and shoot at the "machine gun nest" targets...

From there you had 3 wires you had to crawl under (caution tape)..also a penalty if you broke one..while advancing forward you had targets on both sides..

Ended with your pistol and by that time the 101st had showed up...

One of the more funner stages I have seen!

It can be done!

Before we know it we will be washed up 3 gunners to old and achy to run..making coyboy action props all day and love the fact we can just stand there and pull the trigger on our 30-30.

Edited by Overwatcher

That sir is a matter of opinion! :sight:

i-pTp5B2M-L.jpg

I work at a local public range as a RSO on weekends and one of our former RSO's (still comes by every time he gets) is a SASS and Wild Bunch shooter. He is an older guy (no offense to some) but he always picks on me on being that modern day/tacticool/high speed low drag kind of young kid (also comparing a retired Marine to a still young active duty Doc). One day we brought our stuff (my 3Gun TO guns and gear and his stuff) and compared the similarities and differences and some photos and vids. I can honestly say regardless of how modern and high speed low drag I can get, his gear, much like yours, awes me (and a reason I would like to try it at least once) and he can smoke me (figuratively and literally... black powder) in a shoot off in terms of accuracy and amazingly really fast shooting for SA revolvers.

Edited by KTKlaus

Haha!

I went to a match last year that did some pretty cool props..It was the Normandy beach invasion.

You started out in a mock landing craft,shooting out of the side windows and poppers with flippers in front with your shotgun..

Then you had to pull your knife and cut the landing craft door down(two 1/4 prices of rope on each side)

From there you grab your rifle,and shoot at the "machine gun nest" targets...

From there you had 3 wires you had to crawl under (caution tape)..also a penalty if you broke one..while advancing forward you had targets on both sides..

Ended with your pistol and by that time the 101st had showed up...

One of the more funner stages I have seen!

It can be done!

Before we know it we will be washed up 3 gunners to old and achy to run..making coyboy action props all day and love the fact we can just stand there and pull the trigger on our 30-30.

That was one of my better stages at that match.

....Do any of those guys have day jobs or what? ....

According to a pretty good source, 75% of the CAS demographic is made up of retirees....so NO! is the answer to your question.

add in pensions and retirement funds started 50 years ago, kids that are all grown up and out of the house, plus what little social security pays, you have a lot of disposable income and free time there among a bunch of "cowboys" that gets spent on props.

We have wayyyyyy cooler utility belts though.

That sir is a matter of opinion! :sight:

i-pTp5B2M-L.jpg

Geezer, I love your rig. Now I'll have to get a photo of mine in here :cheers:

Maybe, I'll do two, one for EACH game :devil:

Plus, think of all the money you could save by not actually having to put powder in your cases....

although, you might want to switch to magnum primers instead.

:devil:

Chills - I really wish that I had some video of us clearing a plate rack using some 70/90PF loads. This was the SAME plate rack that the bottom feeders (I resemble that) were griping about with their 130/165 PF loads the week before :sight:

Pat, I too want to shoot a multi gun match with my cowboy gear, but rifle and pistol reloads can be a real booger not to mention the 300yd shots with a 357 mag carbine. I have shot a steel match this way though and impressed quite a few.

....Do any of those guys have day jobs or what? ....

According to a pretty good source, 75% of the CAS demographic is made up of retirees....so NO! is the answer to your question.

add in pensions and retirement funds started 50 years ago, kids that are all grown up and out of the house, plus what little social security pays, you have a lot of disposable income and free time there among a bunch of "cowboys" that gets spent on props.

So, when we're old and retired, will we also be building sweet cowboy props, or will we be building complete urban combat scenarios, humvees, choppers, etc.? Will the young guys be lauging at us as cowboys, or laughing at us as "those crazy three-gunners", or maybe loving us and the awesome props we build that they get to use shooting three gun with us?

Anybody see the props the crew from San Angelo, TX used to build? First time I saw those I laughed a said those crazy bastards have too much time on their hands. And I've got to try that out! That was one of the main reasons I don't really shoot anything other than 3 gun. Now that I know them, I still think they are all crazy and I love the props they made. For those of you who went to LaRue last year, the bridge was one of their old props. The roller coaster is still one of the best.