Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Colt 2012 3 Man 3 Gun Series

The other two stages are going to be surprises. Nothing out of ordinary. Each person must shoot each gun just like match. But two surprise stages will be included. All approx same round count. Nothing bigger than 6 shot. Unreality I would use 7.5 or 8 for the entire match.

• Replies 386
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dean, I'm sorry if I am being a bit difficult, but I am just trying to come up with a team plan to address the minimum shooting requirements. Of the five stages published, The Chase has everybody shoot all 3 guns, so I figure it doesn't count for the each-gun-once requirement (like Stage 4 at Topton); Steel Field is only shotgun/pistol; and Know Your Zero is all rifle. That means I only know about two pistol/rifle/shotgun stages (Mad Minute and Only Your Target).

At Topton, we knew ahead of time that Stages 1, 2, and 5 would require each shooter to shoot a different gun, so it was possible to make a plan. As it is now, I won't be able to figure it out until Saturday morning when we see the remaining stages. If that's the intention, so be it, but I thought it would be possible to do some advanced preparation...

That is the intention. I want it to be as level a plaing field as possible and want teams to have to think on their feet. Trust emit will not be rocket science, as some stages will change a little from the posted stages anyway. Once setup is complete they never look like they first did on the drawings

Does anyone know if I can safely and within the rules shoot the match with only two people. One of my team mates was in a bad car accident and we are down to two. I hate to get to Va and be told we cant play.

I do see in one stage we are all shooting at the same time. I was thinking I could ground a safe gun in one box start in another and ground my weapon there and run to the open box.

Thanks

There was a rules procedure for continuing with a DQ'ed shooter at Topton. That makes me think Dean has a way to deal with two shooters on any given stage.

Does anyone know if I can safely and within the rules shoot the match with only two people. One of my team mates was in a bad car accident and we are down to two. I hate to get to Va and be told we cant play.

I do see in one stage we are all shooting at the same time. I was thinking I could ground a safe gun in one box start in another and ground my weapon there and run to the open box.

Thanks

PM sent. I live in the area and available as a stand in

The other two stages are going to be surprises. Nothing out of ordinary. Each person must shoot each gun just like match. But two surprise stages will be included. All approx same round count. Nothing bigger than 6 shot. Unreality I would use 7.5 or 8 for the entire match.

Dean,

Will the range be open Friday to check out the stages?

Hi Dean,

Just hoping you got my squad request email. I'm going to need to bum a shotgun from someone and another team of my friends will be there with a gun for me to use but we need to be on the same squad. Thanks!

-Matt O

I know ap3 and would reccomend him as a partner. Great guy and good shooter.

Good shooter, ehhhhh. I guess on a good day maybe. Great guy,,,,,, Never.

I know ap3 and would reccomend him as a partner. Great guy and good shooter.

Good shooter, ehhhhh. I guess on a good day maybe. Great guy,,,,,, Never.

That's not what she said.....

Bring drinks and food. No BBQ this week. We will start on time make sure you are at the range at 8 to register. Also don't forget the peacemaker waiver that was posted in the topton site. All the stages are close together.

Hi I look forward to this weekend and have Dean's ok to post this: I need to borrow two RO's to shoot the stages. Due to some family problems, my team went kaput and I'm the only one left to go to W.V. Dean has graciously allowed me to shoot (for no recorded score)but I need to scrounge some bodies. So if you'd like to run a stage twice, bring extra ammo and tell Dean.

Thanks,

Rob