Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Colt 2012 3 Man 3 Gun Series

I would like to announce a new match series here on the East Coast. The past few years the 3 man team matches at Topton have been a big hit with our local shooters so we decided to try and expand it. Next year we will run a two match series. The first match on May 20 will be at the Topton Fish and Game association (same place as the past two years), and the second and final event will be held on July 14th and 15th at the Peacemaker Training center in West Virginia. Both matches will be 6-7 stages and will feature rolling thunder style stages as well as relay style stages just like the past matches. If you are unfamiliar with this format check out youtube as teams have posted some great video of past years events. Your team must participate in both events to qualify for the prize table. There will be one prize table at the final match and teams will go to the table in order of finish based a combination of both matches scores. Entry fees will be $300.00 per team per event. Teams that are shooting both events and thus will qualify for the prize table and cash prizes will have first chance to enter, then any teams that only want to shoot one event for fun will have a chance at the remaining slots if any are available. Registration will be posted by the end of next week. We already have a number of our past sponsors on board and are planning to have a bigger and better prize table than last year. We are looking to have 12-15,000.00 in cash plus prizes. The match will be limited to 70 teams. A few things have changed as well. We will allow a open division this year. It will be a run what you brung open division, so pretty much anything goes. (no mag restrictions on shotguns) The Tactical division will follow regular three gun tactical rules. (exact rules will be posted in the near future.) We also were asked about the problem of a team having one person only make one of the matche or what happens if they get sick or hurt. This is what we are doing. When you send in your entry form it will have a place to list 4 team members. One will be a alternate. This person may fill in at one of the events if another has to cancel for any reason. ALL THREE OF THE SAME TEAM MEMBERS must start and finish the entire match at each location. You may not substitute a shooter once the match has started. The alternate shooter may also not be on another roster. This prevents people from trying to specialize and swap team members between matches. Once you are on a roster and the series fires it's first shot you may not change teams for any reason!

More info will be up soon

thanks

dean

Edited by 45shooter

• Replies 386
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would like to announce a new match series here on the East Coast. The past few years the 3 man team matches at Topton have been a big hit with our local shooters so we decided to try and expand it. Next year we will run a two match series. The first match on May 13 will be at the Topton Fish and Game association (same place as the past two years), and the second and final event will be held on July 14th and 15th at the Peacemaker Training center in West Virginia. Both matches will be 6-7 stages and will feature rolling thunder style stages as well as relay style stages just like the past matches. If you are unfamiliar with this format check out youtube as teams have posted some great video of past years events. Your team must participate in both events to qualify for the prize table. There will be one prize table at the final match and teams will go to the table in order of finish based a combination of both matches scores. Entry fees will be $300.00 per team per event. Teams that are shooting both events and thus will qualify for the prize table and cash prizes will have first chance to enter, then any teams that only want to shoot one event for fun will have a chance at the remaining slots if any are available. Registration will be posted by the end of next week. We already have a number of our past sponsors on board and are planning to have a bigger and better prize table than last year. We are looking to have 12-15,000.00 in cash plus prizes. The match will be limited to 70 teams. A few things have changed as well. We will allow a open division this year. It will be a run what you brung open division, so pretty much anything goes. (no mag restrictions on shotguns) The Tactical division will follow regular three gun tactical rules. (exact rules will be posted in the near future.) We also were asked about the problem of a team having one person only make one of the matche or what happens if they get sick or hurt. This is what we are doing. When you send in your entry form it will have a place to list 4 team members. One will be a alternate. This person may fill in at one of the events if another has to cancel for any reason. ALL THREE OF THE SAME TEAM MEMBERS must start and finish the entire match at each location. You may not substitute a shooter once the match has started. The alternate shooter may also not be on another roster. This prevents people from trying to specialize and swap team members between matches. Once you are on a roster and the series fires it's first shot you may not change teams for any reason!

More info will be up soon

thanks

dean

Does this mean that if a team shoots just the Topton match, it will be just for fun.

Meaning there will be no pay back and no prize table like the past 3man matches?

Does this mean that if a team shoots just the Topton match, it will be just for fun.

Meaning there will be no pay back and no prize table like the past 3man matches?

Looks like it to me as stated in this section:

Your team must participate in both events to qualify for the prize table. There will be one prize table at the final match and teams will go to the table in order of finish based a combination of both matches scores.

I was looking forward to this match. Looks like I need to find a different one. Can't do both :angry2: Hope you all have a great time. It should be a good match.

Okay guys the application will be posted on the toptonfga.org page in the next day or so. Click on the ipsc/uspsa link on the page and look for the announcement. Until January 31st I will be accepting applications for both matches. Your team must send in an application and a check for both events. If you don't have a full team you may send in an application with only the team members you are sure of and then email me the other members at a later date. Remember team members may only be listed on one team's roster. After the 31st I will accept applications for only one match. If I get an application for only one match I will hold it until after the 31st, but teams that apply to both matches will have priority for registration up to the end of March. I will only take 70 teams and then the registration will be closed. The last two years the match filled up in about two months so I don't think there will be many spots left for teams that only want to shoot one match. Prizes for the open division will be done just like all other major matches. The percentage of teams in each division will be reflected by the percentage of the prize money/prizes on the tables. (if 80% of team are tac ops 80% of prize money and prizes are on that table) The prize table is already looking good with two sponsors already donating 3 rifles each.

We have some good things in the works with a big title sponsor jumping in who will be announced shortly after SHOT putting up the first place prize money AND some rifles. If your company is interested in sponsoring this event, please email Jansen@Noveske.com for the sponsor form.

This event has only gotten bigger and better with each passing year, the 2012 event promises to be the best yet.

We will have a professional photographer on hand at both matches to provide each team member with a "Team Photograph" in front of a tastefully done match banner as well as a few other unique twists. If your on the east coast and miss this event, your going to regret it. So grab two buddies, block off the two dates and get ready to have some fun in PA and WV over the summer.

More coming soon ;)

Edited by cold

Just to make absolutely sure... these 2 matches are different than the two (of the three) 3 GUN NATION summer series events you guys are holding at Topton correct?

As of now this is the ONLY team event announced and being held.

When 3 Gun Nation announces their dates etc for 2012, if there is any team event associated with it will also be announced then.

So to be clear, this is the only team event scheduled at Topton, PA and PNTC in WV at this time. Hope that clears any confusion up.

Edited by cold

When 3 Gun Nation announces their dates etc for 2012, if there is any team event associated with it will also be announced then.

I can only shoot one of the series' so the "if there is any team event" statement worries me. :surprise:

Is there a chance there might not be a 3GUN NATION team event?

If so, I'll gladly jump on this East Coast series.

I don't want to wait for the 3GN series announcement (and it doesn't happen) and miss the boat on this one as well.

Thanks.

Let me put it this way, if there is a 3 Gun Nation Team Event, its going to be a Nation Wide Team event corresponding with the individual series itself which in all likelihood will be held across the USA, which means it will not be relegated to the east coast and therefore you would have to travel to the 3GN events shooting whatever minimum of them the 3GN series decides you need to qualify, or however they decide to score their team event IF it happens.

My suggestion is sign up for this team event, shoot it and I promise Dean and I will put a smile on your face both with the stages themselves and the prize table that is being assembled.

Edited by cold

Just to make absolutely sure... these 2 matches are different than the two (of the three) 3 GUN NATION summer series events you guys are holding at Topton correct?

As of now this is the ONLY team event announced and being held.

So to be clear, this is the only team event scheduled at Topton, PA and PNTC in WV at this time. Hope that clears any confusion up.

Aren't you the person who announced the 3 Gun Nation Team 3 gun matches on this forum?