Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Colt 2012 3 Man 3 Gun Series

• Replies 386
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's a team match, but we all did pay a bunch of money in travel and ammo to come up. If your teammate does something silly and gets DQed for it, that doesn't mean we should all suffer and be out of the running. If a team can beat me with just 2 guys and a zeroed stage, it shows that I should get my ass off the computer and onto the range.

Dyno, did I end up chatting with you on stage 6 while you guys watched? I thought you looked familiar, but didn't want to say "Hey, you look like that goofy avatar on Enos!".

It was a really great match, good and challenging, and a pile of fun. I think the format and scoring make perfect sense. One bad stage doesn't ruin it for you, or take you out of the running if you bust your ass on the next set.

Besides, isn't this all about turning money into smoke and noise and having a good time on a nice day?

This system is genius and I wish it was in place last year when I DQ'ed. My other two team-mates crushed the rest of the match but couldn't come back and still ended up dead last due to my f*#k-up. This system whould have still given them a chance to be competitive. Really it's the only way to have a match of this format and make it fair and the weighting of the stages even.

We are gonna try and put team photos on Lancer web page. Then everyone can go there and download them. I am not sure if they are up yet. I think the ones people are posting are ones they took with their own cameras. I will check with the guy that has them.

I guess my main beef is reading the rules as they were made available. I don't care what they do in Rome since we aren't in Rome.

You really have no beef.

The rules state "Scoring per stage will be straight time plus penalties"

There is nothing in the rules about how the MATCH will be scored. Dean explained this at the shooters meeting before the match.

It was a superb match.

Team photos are on Lancer’s facebook page

To access: http://www.facebook.com/lancersystems

YOU DO NOT NEED A FACEBOOK ACCOUNT TO ACCESS OR DOWNLOAD THE PHOTOS

Click on photos in the Lancer Systems banner

Folder – Team Match Team Photos. To Down Load: 1-Select your team photo from the Album by clicking on it. 2-Put the cursor onto the photo and an option bar will show up at the bottom of the photo 3- Select “Options” and a menu will pop up 4-Select “Download”

damn, i was going to say we shot as good as we look, but I'm not sure that's a good thing..

Let me correct you- I am glad we shoot better than we look :)- And Steve why are you smiling?

Cause shooting shit is fun! Duh

damn, i was going to say we shot as good as we look, but I'm not sure that's a good thing..

Let me correct you- I am glad we shoot better than we look :)- And Steve why are you smiling?

Cause shooting shit is fun! Duh

Amen, it was a great time,

still too excited about this match to worry about the rumor of 350 yard flashers at Peacemaker... :devil:

300 yard skinny sammys are just if not more likely and over some really beautiful natural terrain. I hope to see all of you at Peacemaker.

Dean,

For real. How far are we shooting and at what in Virginia?

Be kind!

I now have a trial the day after the West Virginia match. Is there anyone who is interested in taking my spot on the team? Match fee is paid. PM me if interested. Thanks.

Mike,

Set me up!

Sent a PM, not sure if you got it.

Bill

Ok here we go, some of the stages For WV should be up on the Topton web page in a day or so. Some may not be posted, sometimes a surprise is good. I know you all are gonna ask about round count. I would have each guy bring about 175 rifle, 175 pistol, 150 bird, and 10 slugs for each man. So far there will be 3 rolling thunder stages, and 3 relay type stages. You will have to rotate through all the guns on the relay stages so each memeber will shoot pistol, rifle, and shotgun on those stages. Bring plenty of rifle rounds as the targets are going to be farther away and not much bigger.

thanks

Dean

What airport are yall using for WV? Im looking at Dulles in D.C. but Im not too sure on the gun laws.

Thanks

Dulles Airport is in Virginia and in theory you will only be in Virginia then West Virginia on your drive if that helps.

Mike