Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2012 CMMG Midwest 3 Gun Championships

• Replies 364
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At least I'm not the only one who thinks that way, fueddy. I've got a 6 hour drive ahead of me, and would really like to have a plan nailed down before I go.

I'm driving 12 hrs for this and I'm relying on everyone saying how great it is to keep me going. I would think 3 days out they would have something up about what to expect.... Hopefully they have the stages designed by Friday morning.....

At least I'm not the only one who thinks that way, fueddy. I've got a 6 hour drive ahead of me, and would really like to have a plan nailed down before I go.

I'm driving 12 hrs for this and I'm relying on everyone saying how great it is to keep me going. I would think 3 days out they would have something up about what to expect.... Hopefully they have the stages designed by Friday morning.....

Here is my plan:

1) Drive 11 hours

2) Load mags

3) Think about sleep, but I will be too excited

4) Show up at range

5) Nodd head when asked "Shooter ready?"

6) Listen for beep

7) Lose my mind when the beep is heard and try to hit something.

:blink:

Seriously, I am driving 700+ miles to shoot in match that I have never been to and I can't think of anything more enjoyable to be doing this weekend (even if we have to shoot in the rain :ph34r: ).

I'm really looking forward to the match, I just wish there were more of us shooting HM.

Kuan

Edited by ShootfastRunfaster

620 County Road 118

Fayette‎ MO‎ 65248

United States

This is from my IPhone. It is at least a 20-30 minute drive from Columbua

I worked in ag sales in central missouri right when I got out of college. In fact I used to live in Columbia.

I'd like to find the person who came up with their 'system' for naming and numbering roads... and kick them in the square in the :blink:.

I will do what I can to create a decent map on google maps and post it up tomorrow. Fayette is smack in the middle of my old stomping grounds.

I have made every Midwest 3-gun since its start. The first match was wiped out the night before the match by a huge thunderstorm. It blew every pop-up shelter, range prop wall, and paper target into a two county area. It also turned the entire range into a knee deep mud filled pit. Ken and crew were still able to put together an awesome match. The stages at this match will be fun and the RO's are the best. It looks like the RO's have already shot the match so the stages must be complete.

Knowing the round count in advance is nice, but since we don't know, I just brought 300 of everything, plus a few buckshot and slugs just in case. They have never been needed before but who knows.

Have a way to carry enough shotshells for a 40 round course of fire, rain gear for stormy weather and you should be set. Do what 3-gunners do best, plan for the worst and hope for the best.

I had found myself NOT scrambling to get ammo for a match.....something I've never done before. Rifle ammo--check, pistol ammo---check and then, just as I am loading up the ammo box, I see the need for more shotgun ammo, something I never even give a 2nd thought to. Oh well....I have 200 rounds of #7.5, maybe I'll just get some #6's to round it all out. Sometimes you need that stuff with a 20 gauge.

I'll have enough shell holders to carry about 500 rounds too!! I guess I could never say that before.

Tim

Hey Guys, Stage and round count are up on the website

Number of Stages:9

Pistol Round Count:136

Rifle Round Count:100

Shotgun Round Count:103

If the target sizes are anything like other year's, I'm bringing 3 times those numbers!

Actually my bag is already packed and I have 350, 400, 300 respectively.

Not looking forward to the drive from Texas but can't wait to check out the stages and do some shooting!

Ben

Edited by wideerhunter

Anyone know if there's a sight-in/test range available on Thursday?

DanO

There is a public range at Finger Lakes State Park. It is on the East side of highway 63, about 7 miles North of Columbia.

Maximum range is 100 yards. Free to attend. Probably will be mostly empty before 5pm on a Thursday.

JD

We never get the stages in advance, but we do always get the round count. That part is frustrating.

It seems that I remember them posting the stages in the past. :surprise:

There is also a 60 yard range west of Fayette at DC Rogers Lake. There are also camp sites at the lake. The lake is about 1.5 miles west of town.

Perfect! Very near our hotel. What are the rules at these state/public ranges? I presume they close at dark or 30minutes before? Do we have to pay a permit or access fee at the park to use the range?

I wouldn't mind checking the zero on my rifle one last time after the trip. I was doing some longer range practice this past weekend and want to verify what my hits are like at 40-60yards.

There is also a 60 yard range west of Fayette at DC Rogers Lake. There are also camp sites at the lake. The lake is about 1.5 miles west of town.

Perfect! Very near our hotel. What are the rules at these state/public ranges? I presume they close at dark or 30minutes before? Do we have to pay a permit or access fee at the park to use the range?

I wouldn't mind checking the zero on my rifle one last time after the trip. I was doing some longer range practice this past weekend and want to verify what my hits are like at 40-60yards.

No permit required. The one in Fayette is actually the City's lake. It closes at midnight, but I wouldn't recommend shooting after dark. ? If anyone needs directions let me know. You can also find it pretty easy on Google earth or maps.