Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2012 CMMG Midwest 3 Gun Championships

• Replies 364
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone know when the rules are being released? Couple questions:

1) how many in the shot gun for Tac?

2) is a red dot (with no magnification) legal for Tac Irons?

Unless the rules changed since last year. Tac shotgun was max of 9 in the gun at the START. So, if you have one that holds 13, you can add 4 more, AFTER the start signal..

I don't remember tac irons, but, a dot sight was legal last year for heavy metal, so I would GUESS they are ok for tac irons. :surprise:

After some encouragement from my friends from the MN 3-gun group I'm thinking this is going to be my first trip to a major 3-Gun. It also happens to be the closest at only an 8 hour drive (sic). Really looking forward to this. Feel free to pass along any tips to the new guy attending his first major. See you all there!!!

After some encouragement from my friends from the MN 3-gun group I'm thinking this is going to be my first trip to a major 3-Gun. It also happens to be the closest at only an 8 hour drive (sic). Really looking forward to this. Feel free to pass along any tips to the new guy attending his first major. See you all there!!!

Good to hear! Let us know if you have any questions.

Have fun...and if your good with prayers, pray for dry weather!!!

Hop on Youtube and check for some videos of people shooting the Midwest 3-gun Championship. Watching the videos allows you to check out what the bays look like, and what some of the stages and props look like. That goes a long way toward making you feel comfortable about a match without having actually seen the range in person.

It helps to give you a better idea of what to expect. Just a note: last year there was a stage that had you sitting on a porch swing and shooting long range targets with your rifle while you were swinging. Very challenging but very cool.

Great idea Brian!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ODRfEkZnV6o&feature=youtube_gdata_player

There isn't a lot of paper at this match. So hosing is limited to double taps on C zone steel. Practice offhand rifle out to 50 yards at least. The last two years we shot from a moving platform. So jump in that hammock and shoot 'em up.

Hop on Youtube and check for some videos of people shooting the Midwest 3-gun Championship. Watching the videos allows you to check out what the bays look like, and what some of the stages and props look like. That goes a long way toward making you feel comfortable about a match without having actually seen the range in person.

It helps to give you a better idea of what to expect. Just a note: last year there was a stage that had you sitting on a porch swing and shooting long range targets with your rifle while you were swinging. Very challenging but very cool.

That stage was cool. Except my rifle decided to STB. Everytime I cleared it that made the swing move that much more! <_<