Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2012 Leupold & Warne Northwest Multigun Challenge

who else is having trouble focusing at work?

what's the lunch situation at the match.

I sent out numerous emails about ordering sandwiches that we will have delivered to the match. You can order food at registration.

Doug

Food ordered in at the range was great, Bend is 30 minutes away and you will not have much down time at this Match, not enough to run back and forth into town each day either..... The ROs, late entrys, and sponsored shooters all shot the Match yesterday and today we just finished up @ 4:30PM. ROs are a great crew, hand picked by Doug & Scott that are all very fair and professional, no NAZI's.

Get ready for some challenging fun, this Match is no walk in the Park with a MOR at 600 yds (furnuished custom $6K 308gun & ammo by RBros which will be given to a very lucky shooter by random draw) Long range, short range, lots of paper, steel, clays (both veticle moving and horizontal) challenging positions and LOTS OF SHOOTING!

Like the name states, this is the Northwest MultiGun Challenge.....CHALLENGE is the key and do not expect to be able to shoot a clean match....if you do, you were not shooting fast enough :-) Food at Outback is OK but very poor service but Hola's has some awesome mexiacn and Peruvian food with COLD COLD Beer, great service, and awesome service and it is one of the 1st restaurants you see coming back into town from the range.

Hope to see about 200 of my shooting buddies there.....you will not be disappointed!

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wanted to thank Doug and the SGM Scott for an excellent match!!!

I am totally spent after shooting the overflow match with the ROs yesterday and today. Every stage was a challenge with lots of shooting and movement.

The USMC team did a great job in the house and stage one's long steel was tough in that wind for sure.

I second the appreciation for the "big boy rules" and the RO's keeping it safe and fun.

Looking forward to next year already!

Doug and NWMG RO's and support Staff,

I just got home from shooting with the RO's. Just wanted to say thank you for all of your hard work putting on a great match. While our squad (Squad 16) had some challenges getting the kinks out of a couple stages the first day, we were able to knock out the other 7 stages with time to spare. Great staff, great stages, fun all around!!

Thanks again,

Steve

I just got home from shooting with the RO's. Just wanted to say thank you for all of your hard work putting on a great match. While our squad (Squad 16) had some challenges getting the kinks out of a couple stages the first day, we were able to knock out the other 7 stages with time to spare. Great staff, great stages, fun all around!!

Thanks again,

Steve

Great Match and thanks to these two who spent their time organizing, designing these stages, and making this match happen.....take a bow gents!

post-213-0-81979300-1342452340_thumb.jpg

Thanks again,

Steve

Great Match and thanks to these two who spent their time organizing, designing these stages, and making this match happen.....take a bow gents!

These two make a great couple team!!! The match, RO's, stages, scoring were excellent! Thanks again everyone!!!

Bill thanks again for hand delivery of that much needed high cap mag.

Next year? Really? Wow, it's over and we still have a lot of clean up and licking wounds from the physical beating and mental drain of hosting this one! I just want to crawl into a hole and come out in about a week.

We got a lot of very positive feed back of hosting this match in Bend. The range offered much more room for more creative stage design and options. Of course time will tell and we will send out a survey to get even more feed back.

I thought the lunch vendor was a little weak and we will search for another vendor if we are stupid enough to do this again...

I can't thank the rest of the staff enough, Kirk and Tom in stats, my trophy wife (Brenda), my partner in crime Doug and all our great ROs! Even though Doug and I work as hard as we do we know we can't run this thing without a ton of help!

I don't know how to thank our sponsors enough! Between Leupold Tactical Optics and Warne Scope Mounts they put up the $5,000 for all the winners in cash! We wanted to recognize our winners but run the random prize table and I believe all were happy. Ok, I really wanted to win the RBros rifle but Mr. Thompson won it!:-). Burton eat your heart out, your dad beat you again!!!!!

Back to sleepZzzzzzz

What a Sunday, finished our match, tore down and moved steel, helped set up for the Crimson Trace match, shot 4 stages in the dark until a little after 3 AM when Chuck told us to go home. Got back to the beautiful Motel 6 a little before 4 AM, took a shower, turned on the computer, uploaded the match from my head scoring guy, Kirk Jameson, and saw that there what an ERROR in the way we handed out trophies. My most humble regrets to Scott McGregor, who we crowned as Winner of Heavy Metal Tactical and Jesse Tischauser, who we placed in Second. In the heat of battle, in front of 160 competitors, we took the Division winners off of the combined overalls. In the combined scores Scott beat Jesse by 0.6544 points. But our rules state that the winner is determined in division, not in combined scores. In the division, Jesse beat Scott by 1.2594 points(out of over 800)! I've talked to both of them personally before posting this so they didn't learn about it on the interweb. Congratulations to Jesse Tischauser for winning Heavy Metal Tactical in a very hard fought contest.

One other error was Katie Harris was not recognised as earning 2nd Lady and 2nd Junior, I told her we would correct it and get her certificates in the mail.

Hope everyone had fun, in a few months Scott and I will be discussing options for next year, if you have feedback for us, please feel free to send it to nwmultigun@aol.com.

Doug

Doug and Scott,

Thanks for a great and fun match. You said in the shooters meeting to be safe, have fun and it would be a successful match…. And boy howdy was it FUN!

What a bunch of fun challenging stages. Many thanks to the hard working ROs.

Mike Czebotar

Division Scores and Combined Scores are now up at the bottom of the Sponsor page on the nwmultigun.com website.

http://nwmultigun.com/uploads/NWMGC_Combined_Scores.pdf

http://www.nwmultigun.com/uploads/NWMGC_2012_Division_Scores.pdf

Since EZWinscore has not been coded to output scores for Time Plus, I have to cut and paste, which takes a while. I will have stage scores up later today.

Doug

Thanks to everyone who helped make this match happen. I hope everyone enjoyed shooting the bolt gun and thank you Doug and Scott for allowing us to be a part of this match. Prop guns always seem to be a bit of a time sink, and our stage was long enough as it was, so thank you Earl for keeping guys moving through the rest of the stage so I only had to worry about getting people on target and making wind calls!

Scores for Stages 1 thru 4 are posted at the bottom of the 2012 Sponsor Page at www.nwmultigun.com. I actually fell asleep at the computer, lucky for me someone called trying to find some lost swag and woke me up. I'll get the rest of the stage scores up on Tuesday. Now I get to go back out to the range to RO the Crimson Trace Night Match.

Doug

Edited by Doug H.

Thanks Scott, Doug, ROs, RBros, all the sponsors and everyone who helped to make this a great match. Worth the drive from SLC! If held again next year at the same range I'd attend again.

Vic

A great match from start to finish. Thx Doug and Scott for a super smooth fun match with lots of variety and challenges. The ROs were also a great bunch with great attitudes and just the right amount of push.

Hoping to be able to shoot it again next year.

I also want to thank all of the sponsors for making the prize table one of the best I have seen.

Cheers :cheers:

Doug, Scott, RO's and sponsors: Thank you all for a great match! I met a lot of great people. Learned a lot from the pro's in my squad. I didn't shoot as well as I had hoped, but I had fun trying. I am already making plans for training and setting goals for myself in preparation for next years match. First thing on my list... 3-4 hours of deep cleaning my guns tomorrow night. Love it!!!

Jarod Wallace

Thanks again,

Steve

These two make a great couple team!!! The match, RO's, stages, scoring were excellent! Thanks again everyone!!!

Jesse,

Congrats on the win! Now you can tell everyone that your Higher Capacity magazine helped you win by 1.25 points :-)

Seriously though......congratulations!

Bill Sahlberg

Higher Capacity

Thanks again,

Steve

Jesse,

Congrats on the win! Now you can tell everyone that your Higher Capacity magazine helped you win by 1.25 points :-)

Seriously though......congratulations!

Bill Sahlberg

Higher Capacity

Thanks Bill! If I would have had to do those 2-3 mag changes that your mag saved I would have been second, again. I couldn't have done it without you. If you want to send me another big stick so I can keep winning at rocky mountain it would be great!

Just wanted to echo the kudos for Doug, Scott and all the match staff. Had a great time, wish I'd shot better but, hey, maybe if I did this 3-gun stuff more than once a year I wouldn't have to spend the whole first day figuring out how things work..... :roflol:

Just got back to my room after the Crimson Trace awards. A nice meal and FREE BEER went along with the presentations. Got to figure out how to get free beer for our match next year.

All stage scores are now posted on the nwmultigun website.

Doug