Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2012 Leupold & Warne Northwest Multigun Challenge

Do you have a round count available, Doug?

As soon as I finish Stage 7 I will post the totals. Should be done by Sunday night.

Doug

Done, all stages are up on the website, here is the round count: Rifle-145, Shotgun-108, Pistol-125, Slug-9

(Based on 2 shots per paper and one each on steel)

Doug

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Make sure you bring a sling for your rifle, you will need it on Stage 8.

Don't forget that the R&R steel is for sale after the match at 25% off and no shipping if you take it home from the match.

The targets available and the prices are here: http://www.nwmultigun.com/uploads/R_R_Target_list.pdf

I've added a Staff Match Shooter's Meeting to the schedule. Please be on the range at 12:00 Noon on Thursday, July 12th for the meeting if you are shooting the Staff Match.

Doug

Edited by Doug H.

I just wanted to ask for clarification on my guns for Heavy Tactical Division.

Handgun - Is a Double Stack .40 OK? Can it be loaded to capacity or is it 10 rounds max?

Shotgun - Semi Auto 12 Gauge w/12 round tube ok?

Rifle - .308 Stag Arms Prototype DPMS style rifle OK?

5.5.3 Handgun

5.5.3.1 Electronic sights, optical sights, extended sights, compensators or barrel porting are prohibited.

5.5.3.2 Magazines length may not exceed 170mm in the case of single column magazines, and may not exceed 140mm in the case of staggered column magazines.

5.5.3.3 Minimum caliber is .40”. 5.5.4 Rifle

5.5.4.1 No more than one (1) electronic or optical sight is permitted.

5.5.4.2 A supplemental magnifier may be used with the permitted optical sight provided the magnifier does not contain an aiming reticle, cannot be used as an aiming device by itself, and remains mounted in the same location on the rifle for the duration of the event. A participant may use the magnifier in either the magnified or unmagnified mode without restriction.

5.5.4.3 Supporting devices such as bipods, long forward grips that touch the ground, porcupines, grippers etc. of any kind are prohibited. Cinched magazines are permitted.

5.5.4.4 Compensators and muzzle brakes may not exceed 1 inch in diameter and 3 inches in length (as measured from the barrel muzzle to the end of the compensator).

5.5.4.5 Magazines may be loaded with not more than thirty (30) rounds.

5.5.4.6 Minimum caliber is .30”.

5.5.5 Shotgun

5.5.5.1 Only permanently attached tubular magazines are permitted.

5.5.5.2 Electronic or optical sights are prohibited.

5.5.5.3 Supporting devices such as bipods, long forward grips that touch the ground, porcupines, grippers etc. of any kind are prohibited.

5.5.5.4 Barrel devices designed/intended to reduce recoil or muzzle movement (e.g. compensators, barrel porting) are prohibited.

5.5.5.5 Speed loading devices, detachable box magazines, X-Rails, etc. are prohibited.

5.5.5.6 No more than nine (9) rounds total may be loaded at the beginning of any stage, unless otherwise stipulated in the stage briefing. On empty chamber starts only 8 rounds may be loaded.

Handgun - Is a Double Stack .40 OK? Can it be loaded to capacity or is it 10 rounds max?

5.5.3 Handgun

5.5.3.1 Electronic sights, optical sights, extended sights, compensators or barrel porting are prohibited.

5.5.3.2 Magazines length may not exceed 170mm in the case of single column magazines, and may not exceed 140mm in the case of staggered column magazines.

5.5.3.3 Minimum caliber is .40”. 5.5.4 Rifle

5.5.4.2 A supplemental magnifier may be used with the permitted optical sight provided the magnifier does not contain an aiming reticle, cannot be used as an aiming device by itself, and remains mounted in the same location on the rifle for the duration of the event. A participant may use the magnifier in either the magnified or unmagnified mode without restriction.

5.5.4.3 Supporting devices such as bipods, long forward grips that touch the ground, porcupines, grippers etc. of any kind are prohibited. Cinched magazines are permitted.

5.5.4.4 Compensators and muzzle brakes may not exceed 1 inch in diameter and 3 inches in length (as measured from the barrel muzzle to the end of the compensator).

5.5.4.6 Minimum caliber is .30”.

5.5.5 Shotgun

5.5.5.3 Supporting devices such as bipods, long forward grips that touch the ground, porcupines, grippers etc. of any kind are prohibited.

5.5.5.4 Barrel devices designed/intended to reduce recoil or muzzle movement (e.g. compensators, barrel porting) are prohibited.

5.5.5.5 Speed loading devices, detachable box magazines, X-Rails, etc. are prohibited.

5.5.5.6 No more than nine (9) rounds total may be loaded at the beginning of any stage, unless otherwise stipulated in the stage briefing. On empty chamber starts only 8 rounds may be loaded.

5.5.3 Handgun

5.5.3.3 Minimum caliber is .40. 5.5.4 Rifle

5.5.4.6 Minimum caliber is .30.

5.5.5 Shotgun

Looks like the rules state things pretty clear, Yes on everything but only 9 rounds total in your shotgun to start, after the beep load it up. Pistol is limited to 140mm mags, hope you can get more than 10 rounds in those.

Doug

Edited by Doug H.

Looks like the rules state things pretty clear, Yes on everything but only 9 rounds total in your shotgun to start, after the beep load it up.

Doug

I didn't want to admit it but I can't read. I just post. Now I just gotta figure out where to get 30 round .308 mags.

• 2 weeks later...

Doug,

Any idea what the bolt gun side match will consist of, or is it intended to be a blind contest? Just wanting to bring the appropriate bolt gun and enough ammo. See you in Bend!

:cheers:

I am trying to figure out how I am going to get all of my guns to the NW for both this match and the CT Midnight match. Would it be OK to run my shotgun with a dot on it if I didn't turn the dot on for this match? I was hoping to bring my open gun and run it in both matches if possibe.

I am trying to figure out how I am going to get all of my guns to the NW for both this match and the CT Midnight match. Would it be OK to run my shotgun with a dot on it if I didn't turn the dot on for this match? I was hoping to bring my open gun and run it in both matches if possibe.

If you want to borrow a Benelli I've got a spare I can bring with me on Thursday if Doug says no to the dot. It's a TSS gun.

Doug,

Any idea what the bolt gun side match will consist of, or is it intended to be a blind contest? Just wanting to bring the appropriate bolt gun and enough ammo. See you in Bend!

:cheers:

The Bolt Gun Side Match is going to be informal, so bring what you want and shoot what you can afford.

Doug

My only concern is how does the RO verify that you are not using the dot. Most people I have seen cover the dot and ty-wrap the cover on so there is no question that it is not being used. Your dot is most likely on top of the gun and you will have to look through the optic sight to see the front sight of the gun.

Here is the rule: 5.3.5.2 Electronic or optical sights are prohibited.

You will have to remove the sight from the gun to make it legal, or cover it so that it cannot be used in any way, including looking through it.

Doug

My only concern is how does the RO verify that you are not using the dot. Most people I have seen cover the dot and ty-wrap the cover on so there is no question that it is not being used. Your dot is most likely on top of the gun and you will have to look through the optic sight to see the front sight of the gun.

You will have to remove the sight from the gun to make it legal, or cover it so that it cannot be used in any way, including looking through it.

Doug

That's kinda what I figured. I mean I'm completely honest and would never cheat if I knew I would get caught but I can see where it would be an issue for some. I'll just put that bad boy on after the match.

I mean I'm completely honest and would never cheat if I knew I would get caught

Jessie, inside voice. You're not supposed to admit that stuff. The loaner gun offer is still available, just let me know before Wednesday night.

Thanks chuck! I should be good to go. My wife's coming and I can check 4 bags. Guess I'll bring 6 guns!!!

Guy's

Looks like I am running the bolt gun side match. I hope we have enough time Sat afternoon to play at 1000 yards but a lot will depend on how the match is going.

I will be bringing my MGM sniper target along with some electronic strobe lights for the range steel. Like Doug said bring what you want and we will have some fun.

Carl

Doug

who else is having trouble focusing at work?

what's the lunch situation at the match.

I sent out numerous emails about ordering sandwiches that we will have delivered to the match. You can order food at registration.

Doug