Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2012 Leupold & Warne Northwest Multigun Challenge

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well lets do a little math...a keg is 15.5 gallons or 165- 12 oz servings, they typically run bout $95 for domestics. You had 160 shooters, say 125 paid..budget $5 per paid entry = $625 which would yield 6 kegs or 990 beers which should suffice as some will not drink but I am sure some will drink more than their fair share..heck 3 kegs would be a good start at only $2.50 per shooter..See how easy that was...FREE BEER FOR EVERYONE!!

Yeah - it was awesome, thanks for all the hard work from everyone who made it happen. All the targets I remembered to shoot were easy, it's just all the ones I forgot about that were hard :devil:

Great stages, great people, great match. We can only hope that next year Doug and Scott will be able to continue with the tradition of putting on such a fine match. Two of the hardest working guys in three gun just continuing to make the rest of us look lazy! Thanks again guys, your hard work is appreciated by many of us, see you both at the range.

:cheers:

Got home a couple of hours ago. Scott and I had to stay an extra night to get some sleep, a 7 hour drive when you are nodding off seems like a century.

I have a few lost and found items: 2 sets of powered ear muffs, 1 Impact, one Peltor, a couple of mags, one Glock, one Springfield. If they belong to you let me know and I'll get them back to you.

Like a couple of idiots, we have decided to do this again next year so watch for details on the 2013 Northwest Multi-gun Challenge!

Doug

Like a couple of idiots, we have decided to do this again next year so watch for details on the 2013 Northwest Multi-gun Challenge!

Doug

Good news!!! You guys worked your butts off and it was much appreciated.

I'll volunteer to sponsor the match with a case or two of full size rifle targets. HM was rough without any one alpha shots.

Doug

I'll volunteer to sponsor the match with a case or two of full size rifle targets. HM was rough without any one alpha shots.

Those reduced size targets have an A zone, it's just not very big.

Doug

I should have added that its not very fast having to go prone and dial up to 6X on 5 yard paper to see and hit the A zone.

Doug

I should have added that its not very fast having to go prone and dial up to 6X on 5 yard paper to see and hit the A zone.

You want to save a few rounds, then you gotta do what you gotta do.

Doug

You want to save a few rounds, then you gotta do what you gotta do.

Good point!

I ended up with an extra Swaro 1-6 bikini scope cover, so if one of you are missing one let me know.

Still have a Springfield .40 mag with no home, everything else is spoken for.

Doug

C & M targets makes those small rifle targets (paper) and make a great addition to the match. I believe making all slug targets square or rectangle (the MGM 3 Gun Nation Paper) rifle targets small and all pistol targets the usual USPSA targets help the shooters ID what needs to be shot with what!

Took a day for tear down and packing trailers, 7 hours drive to get/drive home, another 6 hours to unload, inspect and put away all the targets. Man, our walls took a beating during the night match. Now to repair and paint the walls, pull some much needed matance on our steel targets.

We will publish and send out the 2012 after match survey and get it out to all of our shooters so we can plan for next year. I know our sponsors want to return to the COSSA range but that decision will be up to the shooters. With out the shooters I don't want to do all the work.

Thank you for all the support and kind words of encouragement,...we really needed it! I slept for 10 straight hours last night in my own bed! 13 days away seemed like forever!

I have to teach class tomorrow and Sunday and then return for 11 days until my boys and I pack and leave for the RM3G. It will be the last Hawkins men's retreat before my oldest son ((Tim) leaves to basic in the Army. Sound like fun!

Looks like more sponsors are already knocking on the door for next year...

See you soon on the range

Thanks Kelly, coming from you I take it as a great compliment!

Doug and I take this whole thing to give back to our shooting community and can wait for next year! Until then I just want to shoot instead of working.

Busyhawk

Thanks Kelly, coming from you I take it as a great compliment!

Doug and I take this whole thing to give back to our shooting community and can wait for next year! Until then I just want to shoot instead of working.

Busyhawk

Um...just shooting starts mid-August and not before!!!!! You've got some more ROing to do!!! :surprise: Keep giving back until August 11!!! :roflol:

Sorry we missed it!

Denise

Edited by Benelli Chick

C & M targets makes those small rifle targets (paper) and make a great addition to the match. I believe making all slug targets square or rectangle (the MGM 3 Gun Nation Paper) rifle targets small and all pistol targets the usual USPSA targets help the shooters ID what needs to be shot with what!

They do do that.

Edited by Jesse Tischauser

Dang, just think about how good Jesse'd be if he had equipment that worked? I will say you looked great on Stage 8. Almost Kalanilike. (Yes that's now a word)

I thought from the video he was shooting a bolt action.

• 4 weeks later...