Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Thank You.

Gary Stevens

I would like to congratulate Kyle on his election to the Area 5 Director position. I am confident he will do an outstandng job. He keeps reminding me that he doesn't take office until January 1, 2012, but I want to get him a running start if possible :devil:

We could have elected any of the candidates and been very well served. That is what happens when you are surrounded by really great folks.

I have attended my last BOD meeting in Dallas and returned home this afternoon. My how nine years flys by.

I want to thank all of the members of Area 5 who gave me the honor of representing them for three terms. You will always hold a special place in my heart. While it will take a while to make personal contact with as many as possible, this forum will start that process.

I have been in IPSC/USPSA for over 33 years and have been blessed to know so many great people, and not just Area 5 people either :cheers: . People who are in direct competition with you who will loan you their equipment, and ammo if you need it. People who will shoot a stage and then come back and tell you a better way to shoot it than they did. Truly amazing.

Lord willing I will see many of you on the range in the near future. Stop over and say HI.

Once again, thanks.

Gary

Gary

I for one want to thank you for your stewardship as director of Area 5. I always enjoyed your shooter's meetings whenever you were serving as RM. Your passion for USPSA, the sport and those of us participating in it always shone through.

My first real contact with you was as my RO course instructor in June 09. I have seen my share of good and bad instructors during my military career but you are one of the very best I have ever encountered. Period! I learned more from you in two days than I ever thought would be possible.

Since taking that course I have contacted you on numerous occasions seeking guidance. You never failed to take time out and sit down and contact me to answer my questions which, while new to me, were probably asked of you hundreds of times. I truly appreciate that.

I look forward to seeing you on the range and will always go out of my way to say hello and shake your hand.

Thank you

Kevin Sanders

Thanks for everything you've given us (the members of Area 5, as well as all the members of USPSA) during your 9 wonderful years of service. I'm sure there are many other shooters who look up to you, as I do. I still remember taking my level 1 RO class from you years ago, and I want you to know how much I appreciate all the training, the shooting, and general fun attitude / atmosphere you've embraced through all the years I've known you. I'm sure Kyle will do an excellent job filling your shoes, but it wont be the same ..... just different! :)

Thanks again Gary!

:cheers:

Gary,

Thank-you for your years of service to us Area 5 members. Always enjoyed our little chats on the range. But also thank-you for being the voice of the revolver shooters at the BOD meeting when we were going through the rules change. WE appreciate everything you have done for us over the years.

Tom

Add me to the list of grateful thankers!

I just hope Kyle can handle being in charge of something... he sometimes struggles with expressing his opinions and can be hesitant to assume a leadership role. :)

Seriously, Kyle is on of the smartest people I know and always has the best interest of the sport in mind...

Seriously, Kyle is on of the smartest people I know and always has the best interest of the sport in mind...

Amen on both counts.

If I had never met him in person I'd know that from our relationship on this Forum.

He's very wise for such a youngster.

What can one say about Gary Stevens?

Gary is one of the most outstanding represenatives of this sport. That will not change due to his decision to step out of the elected postions in this game. Gary has worked, promoted, participated, led, and at times drug this game along to make it better than he found it. He has completed those task with honor and won the respect of most that know him. He has served in all capactities at matches from shooter to MD and everything in between. I'm sure it is with mixed emotions that he leaves the BOD. Hopefully those present on the BOD will continue to apply the courage and responsible stewardship in making this sport better as we all move forward.

Thank YOU Gary for all your dedication!

Respectfully submitted and honored to call you friend!

Paul Hendrix, L-914

Edited by pvhendrix

What can one say about Gary Stevens?

Gary is one of the most outstanding represenatives of this sport. That will not change due to his decision to step out of the elected postions in this game. Gary has worked, promoted, participated, led, and at times drug this game along to make it better than he found it. He has completed those task with honor and won the respect of most that know him. He has served in all capactities at matches from shooter to MD and everything in between. I'm sure it is with mixed emotions that he leaves the BOD. Hopefully those present on the BOD will continue to apply the courage and responsible stewardship in making this sport better as we all move forward.

Thank YOU Gary for all your dedication!

Respectfully submitted and honored to call you friend!

Paul Hendrix, L-914

Damn. Well. Said.