Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Con Art's contractors

AlamoShooter

So at the Ar 3 gun event I get a call from my wife on Saturday that she just found out my mother in law had her heater / ac unit replaced for $7,500 on Friday.

All this started with just a request for a filter and heater check, The contractor convinced my 92 year old mother in law that ever thing had to be replaced. They must have convinced her of this during one her moments of confusion.

Its not too hard to tell when she is 'drifting off'

Last year we had paid my AC Subcontractor to completely check the unit and replace the outside compressor. The entire unit was fine and was determining to be good for another 5 + years.

So Thea's slime balls get my mother in law to sign some paper work for a high interest loan through GM credit cards and rip everything out and put in all new the very same day .

I just went over to inspect the unit and it is a 3.5 ton unit over twice the size required for a 1,600 sf home.

I will be spending the next few days with a lawyer resolving the crime. In Texas we have crimes against the elderly laws

I happen to be a general contractor and I will dig in to every corner of the state laws to pursue Thea's guys.

Even over sized the work is only worth $5,000 . but as all the old unit kneaded was for the pilot light to be lit.

Talking to her today she has no idea what she was thinking , she remembers it all is in tears and embarrased over the laps in judgement

Go get em'. I have long given up hope that people like that will cease to exist someday. But it still bothers me to hear just how low people/companies will go.

I'm glad Texas has elderly protection laws. I wish every state did.

My 90 year old Grandma had con artists show up at her door telling her she needs a new roof. They actually drove her to the bank got her cash and dropped her off a half mile from her house! I only wish i could find them. My uncle moved in the next day.

My mother in law has strict instructions. If the call or knock isn't my wife, myself or my wife's sister, don't answer, and she doesn't. We call and check up on her twice a day. We visit 3-4 days a week. If we call at the wrong time of day she will grill us to make sure she know's with whom she is speaking. She's 89 and living by herself. She's in an independent living apartment in a retirement home with residents and employee's who care and keep an eye out for each other. Hopefully I'll have the smarts to do the same when I'm 89.

I hate it, I won't stand for it and I do everything I can to prevent it. I have a standing agreement with the local Council on aging that I will do a free inspection for anyone told they need a heating system. The elderly are easy prey for the low life SOBs and Hell is too good a place for them all. :angry2:

We where getting prices to up date our furnace.

My wife was told our furnace had a leak with the guy standing 3 feet away from the unit.Did not even inspect the unit close up.What a liar.

She told the guy to leave.

But they took her at the dealer on har car AC.Then i went in and talked to the guy in charge and had the car repaired correctly under the waranty and a refund.

It's not just the elderly they pray on.

I agree with your hate.

Car dealer took my wife for $260.00 for a tire I could have bought at Firestone for $90.00. I was just out of the hospital at the time and was in and out of it. Couldn't do a damn thing to help her.

I let them have it two weeks layer, but nothing came if it except they lost my business out of the deal.

Ted