Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

tactical pants for winter competitions

monicataliani

During the summer I wore shorts to the competitions and I had no issues! For these colder months though I have noticed that many are now wearing tactical pants. I have been wearing jeans but they do not seem to be the best option. Especially since I am sure I am going to have to put on underarmour underneath. What do you find to be best? Where does one go to buy tactical pants? Are there any brands that anyone knows of that would make them for a girl who is 5 ft 2 in and about 105lbs?

I got my Tru-Spec pants from CPWSA. Chris Paty is wonderful to deal with, and he ships very fast. Tru-Specs fit great, are very comfortable, and very durable. I think the 24-7 line would be more than enough to fit your needs. They have many different sizes to fit almost anyone.

Edited by Chris Keen

Agreed Tru Spec are great pants and shorts for next summer. Like CK said CPWSA has them.

BUT, this is what I did the first time I bought shooting pants. I took a mid winter road trip to the US Cavalry store near Fort Knox. They had Tru Spec, 511, Blackhawk, etc right there on the hangers ready to try on! I called them in advance to see what they had in stock as far as sizes went. If they did not have the color I was looking for I went home and ordered them from CPWSA.

You can also stop by the Fort Knox PX and look at guns. They are one of the few that sell them and there is no tax.

Just a thought!

I wear 5.11 pants every day for work. But this winter I may try the Cabela's Flannel Lined cargo pants, I wear their jeans to shovel snow, might as well try the cargo pants now.

edited after proofreading.

Edited by Steve L

I got my Tru-Spec pants from CPWSA. Chris Paty is wonderful to deal with, and he ships very fast. Tru-Specs fit great, are very comfortable, and very durable. I think the 24-7 line would be more than enough to fit your needs. They have many different sizes to fit almost anyone.

Agreed. I won't be buying any more 5.11's. Tru-Spec's are great pants!

I really like these from LA Police gear. http://www.lapolicegear.com/basic-operator-pant-elastic.html

Slightly stretchy waist which adds comfort and in the winter I wear fleece pajama pants under them and they don't feel overly tight with the extra layer...and less than $20.

Edited by waktasz

ive been wearing the wrangler cargo pants you can get at walmart pretty comfortable.

Yeah. I have those on now. Very comfortable. They are a little lighter weight for winter tho

ohmy.gif Am I the only one who wears Truspec and Techwear while on the forums?biggrin.gif

You may want to add Vertx tactical pants in your search - my favorite along with Tru Spec, & I know many women wear them also, with Julie G. being a sponser of theirs - U.S. Cav & L.A. Police Gear would be a good place to shop for them.

Am I the only one who wears Truspec and Techwear while on the forums?biggrin.gif

Actually I am heading out to the range soon so I have my 24/7's on right now! :D

I have been using the 24/7's since they came out and they are great pants. I am sensitive to the sun so here in AZ I wear them all year around and they are awesome.

Neal in AZ

ive been wearing the wrangler cargo pants you can get at walmart pretty comfortable.

Yeah. I have those on now. Very comfortable. They are a little lighter weight for winter tho

ohmy.gif Am I the only one who wears Truspec and Techwear while on the forums?biggrin.gif

Nope. Wranglers on BE (when I wear pants):o . 5.11 for ARFcom.... B) Truspec is DEFINITELY not appropriate for BE :lol: IPSC global village maybe.....

Edited by Surge

I still like the RIGGS work pants from Wrangler. Cargo type pants, sturdy, fit is good except for the lined pants. If you buy lined, buy a size larger. The size is for unlined and they add the lining making them smaller.

I wear them every day for work and they last. I keep a couple pair for shooting.

My fiancee is about your size and she hates the way "tactical" pants fit on her. She has had good luck with The North Face and RailRiders pants. A little more money, but fashion isn't cheap!

Is she a participant at the matches or a spectator? If she uses them for competition, has she had any issue with the belt loops not fitting her belt or not being strong enough to support a rig?