Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Top Shot Season 3: Episode 11 (18Oct11)

ima45dv8

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I must say though, that the five of them (now four) are a breath of fresh air when it comes to accepting responsibility for their own actions, and not passing the buck. Something you don't see everyday, especially on tv. One of them said last night, I could have avoided being in a position to be eliminated, all I had to do was shoot better. Nice

Edited by Rickr

I think Mike's in it for the gift cards.

Sandbag to get into elimination, and own it when you get there.

All those gift cards can buy a lot of powder and primers from basspro.

I don't think anyone could have shot that elimination better. Great job!

Wouldn't it just be cheaper for Bass Pro to actually just sponsor Mike for next year's travel season? Seriously, he better show up with some Bass Pro logo's on his shooting jersey.........

Zombie Mike. Great nickname and it does seem like he is having more fun on the show.

Wheel of Fire-great challange. Who among us wouldn't want to give it a try? Or two or three?

Where did they come up with the idea for these weird guns? A SP89 and a SPP, really?

You'd maybe prefer a dart and atlatl? :D

I'm sure having the manufacturers' names mentioned and the high visibility of their products is the driving force there. Have you noticed the close-up shots of the ammo boxes this year?

Maybe Cold Steel or Gerber will sponsor the primitive weapons next season, though I don't think either makes an atlatl.

I like the zombie Mike better, he smiles a lot more and looks like he is having fun :D

Someone needs to open a range with these new props they are using, that would be sweet.

Daryl Parker from season 2 is way ahead of you.

6297527_orig.jpg

Um, I don't think they have the budget to do the props to take it to the level this season did yet...

Edited by Loves2Shoot

Zombie Mike. Great nickname and it does seem like he is having more fun on the show.

Makes perfect sense to me. He's been eliminated once, so he has already experienced the worst thing that could happen. At this point, if he wins, he wins. If he doesn't win, he gets to have a great a great time competing with a bunch of guys he gets along with. What's not to be happy about?

Where did they come up with the idea for these weird guns? A SP89 and a SPP, really?

I was thinking the same thing. I don't think either is in current production. Maybe they couldn't get a sponsor to provide the firearms.

Hopefully someday...

Edited by Skydiver

SWMBO has said that part of the fun of watching this season has been the variety of guns.

Bulldog Gatling's, Hotchkiss cannon's, limited pistols in 1911 and Glock flavors, Walther P-38's, AR's in .308, AK's, S&W 686's, tricked out 10/22's, Cornershot's, H&K's, Steyr's, lever-action's, bolt-action's, SAA's (or a clone) for the elimination gun....

A lot of great toys to watch in action. :D

Wow. Eliminate the drama, alliances and childlike arguments and now you have a show purely about shooting, composed of people who actually represent the greatest people in the world: shooters. This was probably the most enjoyable episode I've ever seen on Top Shot, a group of shooters going out and shooting. And when one of them did poorly, they didn't blame someone else or blame the equipment. They knew that if they wanted to do better, it was on them to do it. I wish T.S. was like this all the time. (But of course, fights and drama is what gets millions of people to watch....Unfortunately) Outstanding elimination challenge Zombie Mike.

Go Dustin!!!! I'm all for backing my fellow USPSA shooter, but if someone can teach themself to shoot that well then I gotta back him!!

Edited by alpha-charlie

I like the zombie Mike better, he smiles a lot more and looks like he is having fun :D

Someone needs to open a range with these new props they are using, that would be sweet.

Um, I don't think they have the budget to do the props to take it to the level this season did yet...

Sure we do... That photo is practice for a challenge. We can't give everything away before competitors come out to play. :) Jennifer Parker, Daryl's wife.

Sure we do... That photo is practice for a challenge. We can't give everything away before competitors come out to play. :) Jennifer Parker, Daryl's wife.

Sweet, if you have the big props from this season's show, you should be very busy for a long time to come!

As soon as Mike described his plan, I knew he was screwed.

I was thinking the same thing. Although ambushing targets is not the typical strategy for GM's in this sport, a new challenge like the wheel of fire seemed to call for a more conservative strategy.

I don't remember the preview so I'm not sure who Mike goes up against in the plate rack tree face off. I'm wondering if it's going to be like JJ from Season 1 where it wasn't even close.

Although ambushing targets is not the typical strategy for GM's in this sport, a new challenge like the wheel of fire seemed to call for a more conservative strategy.

In my admittedly limited experience, ambushing a moving target is easier than tracking it. And in this case, the shooter moving is the same as the targets moving. Plus we had the advantage of seeing how fast the wheel turned and that two people who did ambush the targets did well while someone who tried to track them did poorly.