Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

The Walking Dead Season 2

OPENB

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Of course the question always comes up, what would you choose for zombie eradication. I am curious if the penetration tests of the 22lr has been completed or if a minor/major PF load needs to be used. I think a 10/22 and Mark II (except for the slow mag changes) and the brick or two of ammo in a back pack would be the choice of arms.

I am digging the show. Granted, I keep yelling at the TV- Pick up the @#%@!^!^ belt fed machine gun with ammo hanging on it! It's right in front of you! Mount it to the RV! (end of season one, outside the CDC lab, right in front of the RV door.)

Thankfully my wife is tolerant of this behavior.

It is for sure not a good example of how to survive the zombie uprising, but I find it highly enjoyable all the same.

I get the impression they are trying to be PC with the weapons, which is lame. Most of what they have is hunting based and not military in nature. There would have been nation guard M4's all over the place and as stated above you could grab a hummer with a .50 cal or belt fed .308 without any problem. I just don't see why they don't outfit the entire crew with ARs, pistols and whatever else they can pick up.

Also as far as the medical trailer goes in the last episode, I would have backed a truck up to it and drove the whole setup away to the farm.

... I just don't see why they don't outfit the entire crew with ARs, pistols and whatever else they can pick up.

Also as far as the medical trailer goes in the last episode, I would have backed a truck up to it and drove the whole setup away to the farm.

+1 to both. Considering the whole post-zombie world is chock full of automobiles, delivery trucks, military vehicles, heavy equipment, etc., I'm not sure why they aren't in a convoy of <insert your ideal vehicle for cruising the zombie-filled landscape> with a couple of trailer trucks worth of groceries, weapons, medical supplies, clothes, and whatever else could have been scavenged from vehicles and stores in the first couple of days. Consider the vet and his family - they look to be doing OK in their farmhouse with the occasional foray into town for supplies.

I thought the parking lot full of zombies was as perfect a situation for a grenade, molotov cocktail, or IED as there could be. It was also a perfect illustration that you always need a plan B and a good exit strategy.

Agreed. There was a ton of walkers in that parking lot in front of the medical trailer. There were tons of heavy vehicles sitting all over the place. To my thinking, a HUMVEE or truck hits a lot harder than a 12 gauge.

I have found that as soon as I start thinking like a shooter, I start yelling at the TV. When I stop thinking like a shooter and just watch, I enjoy the show. Ironically, when I stop thinking like a shooter and just watch the show, my wife will start yelling at the TV- "Get your finger out of the trigger!" "Why don't they just take another vehicle and ditch the RV?" "Grab the &!!$@# AR." She gets very upset when people do stupid things. I love my wife :wub:

I really like the show. Haven't watched much zombie stuff to compare it with, but it strikes me as a human experience story with "undead" in the background. It's dabbled in interesting questions. i.e. how would you deal with a loved one if they are infected, is euthanasia ok, value of individuals despite racism or domestic violence, individual rights vs group safety etc. The libertarian leanings in me were going crazy when Shane cuffed the guy for digging holes, but I grudgingly allow for it if they truly find his actions a danger to the group.

After last weeks show it was revealed the series was about change. I think Rick is going to be pretty different by the end of the series.

As for decisions they make I think it might be part of the plan to engage the audience, like when we are all screeming "don't go out there alone you scantily clad teenage vixen" in horror shows. ;) If the director was to read that we are home yelling at our tv's would likely cause a smile to form on his face, maniacal laughter and for the director to scream "my plan is WORKING" :devil:

I enjoy it more when I ask why they make these choices anyways. If there's a rational reason I can stick with show. Example one: leaving firepower behind at the CDC. I imagine that most/all weaponry around dead soldiers would have been shot dry. Full auto weapons don't seem to be best when cranium shots are required. They seem to be more interested in surviving rather than purging zombies. They are definitely more into silence than firepower. etc. Example two: going for the list of gear vs taking the whole trailer. They are flying by the seat of their pants, haven't stopped to think much as the boys eminent demise has them pushed to the edge. I mean, what is the half life of road flares anyways? Or maybe they don't want to gamble on the ability to get the trailer moving. Example three: keeping old equipment. They seem to like their own stuff, even if the winnebego is going thru hoses like a grandmaster goes thru practice ammo. Rick is definitely talented with his trusty six shooter, even tho doublestack plastic pistols would definitely be better. The tool bucket looked like a collection of yard sale crap. Sometimes there is comfort in the familiar.

They are figuring things out. They don't even know what zombies are, hence the term walkers. The show spends more time/effort/money on plot movement, character development and cinematography than raw gore and killing. I'm not a zombie buff so I don't mind. Maybe I'm more of the target audience? I for one will keep watching.

You need to look at the book WORLD WAR Z and read the chapter where a Mechanized Infantry unit gets overrun by zombies. All that firepower only works with a brain hit (if you are into the zombie story line). The zombies are not affected by the shock and awe of the heavy weapons - they just kept coming - sometimes in pieces! I am a former Mech Infantry Bradley guy - it made me think.

• 2 weeks later...

I just started to watch on the 2nd Season.My freind try to get me to watch last year just wasn't in to it.

But now i'm hooked.They should try to find a Military armory and go to town.I bet the people that shoot at Knob Creek would not have any trouble with the walking dead.

LOL.Some thing to be said for being prepaired.

You need to look at the book WORLD WAR Z and read the chapter where a Mechanized Infantry unit gets overrun by zombies. All that firepower only works with a brain hit (if you are into the zombie story line). The zombies are not affected by the shock and awe of the heavy weapons - they just kept coming - sometimes in pieces! I am a former Mech Infantry Bradley guy - it made me think.

OK - Bradely postdates my Mech Inf days.. but my old M113 would have been fine by me... they can't open doors! lol

Given the reality of the show, I'd think some of our outlaw 3 gun setups would be ideal. Highest capacity short of going belt fed. Start up with your AR set up with a beta or one of those 150 rd beta clones, top it with a variable power and a 1x dot/irons somewhere ... bag full of spare mags. Drop on a silencer, pick a skilled friend geared up the same way to watch your six. Find somewhere with 300 yds visability all around ... BRING IT! Shoot it till the bbl melts! Then transition to your Saiga (note the avatar :) ) with a bag full of 20 round drums. They are closer now so forget the silencer .... Lastly, you are down to your pistol with 30+ round mags ....

Come to think of it, I've shot a few matches that remind me of this.

FANTASTIC end to the show last night! I KNEW there was something up with that barn. Really looking forward to next week's episode.

Whatever gun you use, go for the head shot! Otherwise the walkers will just keep coming...even if they have to drag themselves with one arm.

I did get season 1 behind me in time to stay current on this season..

I like the show, my Wife hates it, or I should say anything that is un-settling..

It IS a bit slow and as someone before mentioned, I gave up on "Lost" during

the 1st season... This show, on the other hand IS keeping my interest somehow.

Did I miss anything after the Asian guy discovered the Zombies in the barn?

My wife chose that particular moment to come in & start chatting about Facebook or something.. Lol.!

(I think an M-16/M-4 or AK.., my Edge .40 w/ lots'a mags and endless supplies of ammo for all in a large,

broad/ flat compound would be a great thing..!!!)

Edited by gunfixer

Did I miss anything after the Asian guy discovered the Zombies in the barn?

No, except the girl saying he wasn't supposed to see that.

I understand your wife not liking an "unsettling" show. Right after each episode, I get creeped out opening the door to let my dogs out or looking out the bathroom window...night time, darkness and all that. Then I remind myself it is only Hollywood and I feel better. :)

I'm not going to be able to see any of this until it comes out on Netflix at end of season. Ack.

What I'd scavenge from overrun military units...claymores and grenades. I can run away if they're down to dragging themzombieselves with one arm.

I'm not going to be able to see any of this until it comes out on Netflix at end of season. Ack.

What I'd scavenge from overrun military units...claymores and grenades. I can run away if they're down to dragging themzombieselves with one arm.

You can watch this seasons "Catch-Up's" on xfinity (Comcast/ Free on-demand) if you do it soon, they don't leave them up for long..

• 2 weeks later...

I just saw the mid-season finale last night. The ending was a shocker, resolving some plotlines and opening new ones. We'll see what happens in February. Do they stay or move? If I were them I'd stay but I think the show will be more interesting if they move.

BTW I second the vote for Adrian's Undead Diary at http://adriansundeaddiary.com/