Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

He-Man National Championship

Well, JJ has decided to put our money where his mouth is!

We're planning a He-Man Championship Match. :goof:

It will be held June 2 and 3 at the NRA Whittington Center in Raton, NM!

We plan 6-8 Rocky Mountain-esque stages in this mid-size match. There may not be a full prize table, but there will be some cash and other prizes for top finishers. :cheers:

We will recognize He-Man Iron, He-Man Scope and a “wee-man” division for staff and family members that are NOT He-Men!

At this time, we have a lot of cool ideas, but we’d like some idea of who’s interested before we can firm up our plans. The He-Man division rules and other rules will follow Rocky Mountain’s rules. The “wee-man” division will be open to all other equipment. Our idea is to honor Eddie Rhodes as the Original He-Man as well as to finally have a match focused on He-Men! All contestants will be expected to behave He-Man-like throughout the match! This will truly be THE BIG JOHNSON! :devil:

Because the match is only 2 days and 6-8 stages, we are trying to keep costs down. It will probably be around $150 entry fee.

Keep an eye out on http://home.earthlink.net/~johnson3gun/ for more information!

As I’ve said elsewhere, we ask a lot of our 3-Gun sponsors. You are all so very generous. :bow: That said, we’d love to have a match sponsor and other sponsors, so please contact us at johnson3gun@earthlink.net if you’d like to join us as a sponsor of this He-Man event! :sight:

If anyone is interested in ROing, please contact us at johnson3gun@earthlink.net. We’d love to hear from you and will let you know our RO package! RO’s need not be He-Men, as they can shoot in the “wee-man” division!

Let us know your interest level. Do you feel it’s worth coming to Raton? Now is your opportunity to try out He-Man. Many of you have written on this forum: if there was a match just for He-Men, then maybe you’d try! This is your chance to “He-Man Up!”

Thanks in advance for your input!

Denise

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just picked up a .45 today. Last night Kurt Miller finishedinstalling the Red Neck Tactical Possumworks action bars in my Nova. I'm one step closer to being ready for this.

So with everyone shooting big bore rifles do you expect some really long range rifle stuff? As in 600+ yards?

Edited by Jesse Tischauser

I just picked up a .45 today. Last night Kurt Miller finishedinstalling the Red Neck Tactical Possumworks action bars in my Nova. I'm one step closer to being ready for this.

So with everyone shooting big bore rifles do you expect some really long range rifle stuff? As in 600+ yards?

I would say at this time probably not much different than RM3G distances. The ballistics of a 308 arn't like a 338, but more like a 223. The 308 does handle wind a bit better thou, so we would be glad to provide more wind... :roflol:

Right on Jesse, glad to see ya fired up about this! :bow:

jj

Wow between this BIG JOHNSON match and the Texas 3 Gun with the WWII division I may have to go back

to HM for the whole damn year and that suits just fine!

Thanks Johnsons!

Patrick

Get back to where you belong!

Wow between this BIG JOHNSON match and the Texas 3 Gun with the WWII division I may have to go back

to HM for the whole damn year and that suits just fine!

Thanks Johnsons!

Patrick

Get back to where you belong!

And a match where you need to be as well...Kelly!

If you promise not to have any MP5's I will try and talk Smitty into making the drive of doom again next year.

Looks like you will need to make the trip 2x, once for the BIG JOHNSON, and once for RM3G!

No MP5s...this time...

:devil:

jj