Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

People wearing baseball caps backwards

Vince Pinto

I hate the way people wear baseball caps backwards. They think it looks cool - I think it looks bloody stupid. For me, the only acceptable excuses are:

1. You're a sniper about to take a shot.

2. You're outdoors and the sun is behind you.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When finished is this list going to be on The Late Show with Letterman?... "the top 10 ways not to look like a moron while wearing your cap backwords" :D

3 - going prone in shooting

4 - catcher in baseball.

5 - wearing a protective mask.

I have 380 caps

People do it because they're wanna be gang bangers. A lot of companies and schools prohibit the practice.

What irritates me even more is hooded sweatshirts. Every time I see someone walk into the gas station or grocery store with their face hidden in one, I about have heart failure.

>hooded sweatshirts

One of the serious violent crimes I've witnessed involved a perpetrator cinching her sweatshirt hood and holding it in place. Ever since then, they are big red flags.

Re caps... If the manufacturer puts its label on the outside of the cap on the adjuster, then maybe backward isn't really backward.

8. You’re driving with your CJ’s windshield down.

9. You’re a welder and really HATE sparks down the back of your neck.

Okay, that 9 and for the life of me I can't think of another reason to do such an idiotic thing. :wacko: At least the fad is passing… :)

Ed

Hrm... wonder if Vince ever wears his helmet backwards. ;)

Sometimes I wear it backwards so that the sweatmarks match up... of course, then I have to wear it to either side so that there's a uniform sweatmark all the way around... kind of pointless I guess.

:P

Man, some people on here must be REALLY old. Gangbangers don't turn their hats backwards anymore...usually it's forward, often cocked off to one side. More popular these days are tight skull caps.

I think wearing a cap backwards is no big deal. If nothing else, it ought to be a fun thing to do to raise the blood pressure of old folks. :P

When ever I see anyone with their cap on backwards, with 3 days growth on their face and the "bad a$$" look on their face, I politely ask if their head is on backwards.

I usually end up with such a blank stare that I know their brain is just spinning around in there. :lol:

What's wrong with wearing a hat backwards? I would think that firearms owners enjoy a free society where one can express themselves in the manner in which they choose (i.e. participating in shooting sports vs. those that maybe choose golf instead).

Personally, I think the word, "bloody" is stupider.

Rich

P.S. Wearing it backwards while welding is a God-send.