monicataliani

• Replies 534
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Watching your video from today and this came to mind:

10.2.8.2 Using the other hand to support the handgun, wrist or shooting

arm while firing shots;

Had no idea! Thanks for the heads up! There are sooooooo many things I still need to learn.

Your idea of placing the hand not being used across your chest is a good one and done by many when they are shooting one handed...just ball up your hand into a fist and put the unused hand on your upper chest without touching your other arm or shoulder.

The video of the first string of the classifier looked very good and smooth. As I do the same thing, I noticed and would suggest keeping the gun a little higher while performing your reload. But again, overall, that string looked very very good.

Edited by CMV

Smooth, much improvement since your first vids.

I would agree you are not keeping the gun high enough when reloading.

Also, these 2 go together; 1. The gun is too far away when reloading; bring it in a little closer and 2. You don't seem to be rotating the gun far enough to "look" the mags into the mag well. It doesn't look like you would be able to see the inside edge of the magwell during your reloads?

You seem to shake the gun to get the mags to fall out? If so, you can use a quick clockwise rotation to “flick” the mag out and end up with the gun in position to reload, one motion instead of 2.

David E.

I asked the question of one my local CRO about your hand placement during your classifier, He stated that thate would be a large debate over where the arm ends and how much support that you would gain from that position. I think this would be a good question for the NROI. My first thought is that it is a procedural, but a good point for clarification.

So today I shot the Monday night match. I have been told multiple times by very good shooters that I need to go faster. Also I read the article in "Front Sight" about it. So I decided to push my speed past my comfort zone..... Lets just say M is no longer Mike it is Monica! LOL! I really don't care at all. I wasn't going anywhere doing what I was doing before, so why not try something new.... :)

Wow! I have been slacking with keeping up with my range diary! I didn't do anything all week and skipped Monday night. Tonight I did almost the entire SA book but was a little unfocused and ready to be done mid-last section.

Edited by monicataliani

Dry fired for about an hour. I found myself flipping through the SA book and practicing more on some drills than others. I did a lot of strong hand/weak hand only, table starts, and some of the more awkward things.

I also decided I need to set up more targets somewhere else that will allow me to run in different directions, to change it up a bit. I am going to end up with targets through the entire house by the time I am finished! :)

And I totally had to add that I am officially now on a squad for my first major match!!!!!!!!!!! I am soooooooooooo excited!!! :D

Edited by monicataliani