Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Monica's Range Diary

monicataliani

Tonight I did section 1 but did a lot (like 30 or so) of extra reps on the mag change drill. I love the SA program but I am going to devote one day a week to only mag changes instead of just following the book. It is a huge weakness for me so I really need to step it up, especially shooting production. I have multiple mag changes every stage and I am totally killing my times with this nonsense.

• Replies 534
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

to work with memory , u have to reload , slowly... slowly.. like step by step motion.... for 40time..

after this you have to stop... and

repeat again after a while..

accellerating at the half of repetition..

and do this again , adn again ... and again.. till yournew habit is built.

I met the same problem while moving.. I know that I have to keep thew gun high at the eyes level..

but.. after the beep.. seems you forget all..

I think, it's something to fight,

beacause we dont have yet the "subconscious memory" and so we could make big or little errors.

So loose .20 secs for reloading, but having a good grip,all A's, and be safe in movements

it' s price that we have to pay... just when we'll have inside us the goods Habits we can be fast ..

but the only way to have this results is...

training, training and training..

we are on the road, now if we look the arrive.. we'll loose all the journey..(Ihope I traslated in the right manner..eheh)

Monica keeps on training.. result will arrive..but be patience..

I have the same problems.. but wait for results not in time of week, but mounths..

and work hard... I think this is the only way..

:)

to work with memory , u have to reload , slowly... slowly.. like step by step motion.... for 40time..

after this you have to stop... and

repeat again after a while..

accellerating at the half of repetition..

and do this again , adn again ... and again.. till yournew habit is built.

This works. It is known as 'deep practice'. Dry Fire itself is a form of 'deep practice'. Slowing down certain parts that you are struggling with works. Mistakes are actually good. I did this last year after struggling with accuracy and watching myself on video and noticing that my weak hand grip was HORRIBLE. I spent two weeks (3 days each week) performing slow motion draws for 20-30 minutes each day without a timer. My entire focus of the drills was my weak hand. I stood in front of a mirror so I could watch my weak hand easier. After two weeks I had re-built my weak hand grip. Prior to that investment, though, I would always fall back to my bad habits during a match because I hadn't practiced it enough to make it 'habit'.

There is an interesting book titled 'Talent Code' that talks about deep practice and how it can create world class talent.

Very good job!! Very aggressive in 2nd video. How were the hits?

ADVICE: work your reloads very slow and methodical in practice. It looks like you are just grabbing the mags. Your index finger needs to be down the tube. It could be, but I didn't see it. Sometimes it's hard to see video.

Mag in pouch

c378de02.jpg

Step 1

b1101501.jpg

Step 2

7139eb8c.jpg

Step 3

6d46abdf.jpg

Step 4

6fb6533d.jpg

Each step can be practiced slowly and separately. Getting your hand on the mag the same way everytime is critical. The "DEEP PRACTICE" concept is very good. Forget the timer for awhile and focus on the steps. Steps 3 & 4 are up in your facebox area , around high chest to your chin or so. Good luck with everything and keep it up!!!!

Edited by Chris iliff

Thanks for all the help! :) When I practiced (section 1 today) I didn't use a timer and was very slow and deliberate about everything I did. I also did my first dry fire practice with my limited gun!!!!!!! :)

You do know your limited gun does not exist until you post pics of it on here, right?

Step 2 for Monica

ok.. know u are building the right way to grip the magazine and position of magwell

now u can go tu step 2...

as say Seeklander ...fast slow fast

after u make a lot of reps in slowmotion..

u can make accelleration , going fast x2 , x3 but sto when ur index is near the magwell(burkett docet)

after this

index near the magwell and insert the magazine... a lot of reps

this have t happen in you eyes line.

After insert and rebuild a good grip..

that's all folks..ehehe

I bet you all will never guess who had yet another failure to extract!!!!!!! Grrrrrrr.....

It's too bad you don't know somebody whose life depends on their M&P and is willing to bet he can fix that problem in 5 minutes...

Oh wait, I think you do.

Alex- No, it was with my m&p. Grrrrrrrr. It was even on a pseudo memory kind of stage (easy to forget targets, a lot of shooting across different sections from behind walls) so when it happened after like 3 targets or so it totally messed up my mental game. I couldn't remember for sure which targets I had gotten from that position. That also then threw off my round count for my mag changes so then I locked back before my LAST shot. It wasn't pretty. The video from that will never see the light of day!!!!! :)

Something else needs to happen to that gun to fix it asap. Ever time this happens I lose more and more confidence in it. I had a bunch of cakes up garbage under my extractor when it was taken out that was thought to be the problem. I didn't want to wait to get the chamber polished and a new extractor in, but did. If the failure was post new extractor and polish you would be seeing an m&p in the for sale section. I am just sooooooo hesitant to shoot limited. :)

I had my second match, last sunday. I had some problem in a stage, the slide didnt close, and another round was on the ramp.

So I lost a lot of time, while the swinger keep on moving, and with the doubt I shotted 3 rounds... better then a miss..

for the gun, look for a good gunsmither.

I shot limited, and I love this caliber, pf major..

But I had to train my forearm and hands to make the gun cycle in the good manner.

For production , here in italy, we use the stock II by tanfoglio.. it's a really great

I love reading range diaries. Pharaoh , excuse me, Micah is digressing and novelizing, but i learn a lot from all these diaries and posts. What Sarge is saying is get a Glock. I think. Anyway, thanks for posting, takes a lot of guts.DVC.