Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Monica's Range Diary

monicataliani

After dry firing my way through the entire SA book with an m&p 40 (while my 9L is away) I hate to say this, but I think I might like the 40 full size better. It just feels better to me. The balance seems more natural. And for whatever reason, the mag changes seem soooooo much easier. It is probably in my head, but it definitely is something I am going to think about. I may try it at the range tomorrow to see how some live fire goes. I am also going to reserve judgement until I get my 9L back and see how it feels.

• Replies 534
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Please shoot the 40 tomorrow. That will take you out of production giving others a chance. sight.gifsight.gif

Wow! I need to let people use my guns more often! Maybe you won't spend the entire match ripping on me! Bob, as I recall you told me to leave the c zone shot someone forgot to paste because it was the best shot I would get all night!

Did part 1 today. I am anxious to get my 9L back. I am really loving this full size a little too much. I need to go back to practicing with my regular gun! I have been rocking mag changes with it!!! I have no idea why they are so much easier unless it is that it is a smaller gun so it is easier for me to manipulate. (Keep in mind I am five foot three and a hundred pounds, so that tiny difference may really impact me.)

Well Bob. Don't give me too much grief for beating me with my own gun!

My stages were HORRIBLE tonight! There was an unloaded start and I failed to think about the fact I would be at lockback if I took 10 shots. So that was awesome because I was already moving and that is a bad thing when your plan is to shoot on the move. I also had to make up a shot on one string and hadn't accounted for makeups so my entire stage just fell apart. I am going to ignore all of this and look af the good things. I learned a lesson. I need to be conservative and not run to 10 rounds. I know why I did it, it save a ton of time if exectued properly, but I planned a stage breakdown that was above my ability level. With no backup plan. I also learned I can hit partially obstructed targets on the move. I was really proud that I shot and hit targets while walking that I would have never attempted. My gun also ran smoothly! Woooooooo hoooooooo!!!!!! I got it back from being fixed a half hour before shooting! I know I should probably be more bummed that I did so badly, but I had a lot of fun and it wasn't all bad. It is just practice afterall. :)

Edited by monicataliani

...I also had to make up a shot on one string and hadn't accounted for makeups so my entire stage just fell apart. ....I also learned I can hit partially obstructed targets on the move. I was really proud that I shot and hit targets while walking that I would have never attempted.

I feel ya, right now I still frequently fall apart the minute one unexpected thing happens. Well, unless it's a malfunction - I've done tons of malfunction drills so I recover fine from those. But if my *plan* gets a hitch in it in some other way? Kaboom.

On the other hand, I envy that you can shoot on the move! I am still not confident at all on that, but I'm working on it.

I want to thank you & Jonathan. It was very kind to offer the use of your spare gun tonight. It was very accurate for me and ran flawlessly. I shot 3 clean strings. I'm looking forward to my valentines present tomorrow AM.

On the other hand, I envy that you can shoot on the move! I am still not confident at all on that, but I'm working on it.

I am just now starting to learn how to shoot while walking. I have only tried it a few times so far, but I excited to implement it as much as possible with the longer stages at full matches (as opposed to indoors at practice matches.)

I am just now starting to learn how to shoot while walking. I have only tried it a few times so far, but I excited to implement it as much as possible with the longer stages at full matches (as opposed to indoors at practice matches.)

You actually did very well moving while shooting Monday.

Glad your gun is running so far :cheers:

Ms Monica, Good for you. Your dedication to improving your skills is to be admired. I deserve to be beat by you. But I promise to continue to tease you, OK ???

That is sweet of you to say but you are much more accurate, experienced, and consistent than I am. Just wait until we have a longer day with more stages, harder breakdowns, and trickier shots. :)

Pistol cleaned, bag packed, clothes and shoes on top of bag, I am ready for tomorrow! I also deviated from my usual dry fire. Instead of doing today's section I went through the book and selected drills from each section that seemed either most applicable or focused on a particularly weak skill of mine. I practiced about a half hour total.

Pistol cleaned, bag packed, clothes and shoes on top of bag, I am ready for tomorrow! I also deviated from my usual dry fire. Instead of doing today's section I went through the book and selected drills from each section that seemed either most applicable or focused on a particularly weak skill of mine. I practiced about a half hour total.

Good luck!!!!

Good luck!!!!

Thanks girl! :)