Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Monica's Range Diary

monicataliani

• Replies 534
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dry fire tonight was so fun! I rocked out to a bunch of my favorite songs and worked on the following...

draws (5 times each unless noted)

hands at sides, surrender, turn and draw left, turn and draw right ( thanks Corey for the idea of pushing the gun forward, I have been using that idea with both sides and it seems to make my par times much faster) table (10) , table unloaded mag in mag pouch, table unloaded mag on table, strong hand only (10) weak hand only (10)

Three targets, two shots on each, reload, two shots on each (3 times each)

left start hands at sides, right start hands at sides, left start surrender, right start surrender, right start freestyle then strong hand, left start freestyle then strong hand then repeated those two weak hand

Then a bunch of random running between shooting areas, and shooting and mag changes on the move

• 2 weeks later...

I finally have gotten around to actually USING the vidoediting software!!! I played around with some of the vids I had been waiting to post. Here is my first effort at combining stages and strings from the same match! Now that I know what I am doing it won't be so time consuming. Tomorrow's agenda, figure out how to add music so I can finally make my shooting highlights video! Hopefully I can then get caught up on all the videos for the past couple weeks that I haven't posted because I wanted to do something a little better than just putting them up as is. Enjoy! :D

Miamisburg Classifier Match March 18, 2012

Edited by monicataliani

Wow! Great recovery at the end there. What video editing software are you using?

LOL!!! That was my first fall at a match. While it was happening all I kept thinking was "Stay safe!" and "Gotta get up and keep shooting!"

For editing I just started using Premier. I really like it. It is super user friendly. I only started using it yesterday! :)

Today I did all mag change work during dry fire. I did very very very slow and deliberate movements for at least ten minutes then did faster mag changes. Then I did alternating right and left start 2 in the target reload 2 on another target. Then I finished with some additional slow and deliberate reloads. I really tried to focus on keeping the gun up but bringing it in, proper grip on the new mag, and grip with my weak hand.

Hey Monica, have you considered video taping your practice? I see in your match videos that you're lowering the gun a lot. Maybe if you saw yourself practicing it would help link your practice with your match performance. Just a thought.

Hey Monica, have you considered video taping your practice? I see in your match videos that you're lowering the gun a lot. Maybe if you saw yourself practicing it would help link your practice with your match performance. Just a thought.

I have and it totally helps! But forget ever seeing those videos on here! LOL!!!

Dryfire yesterday (yes, I totally know I am slacker for not posting it until now :rolleyes: ) and today were repeated sessions of Tuesday's practice.

You are sooo not a slacker ;) you are actually practicing after all, posting is just a bonus! :closedeyes:

I just finished getting packed up for the match tomorrow and cleaning my gun. I also did a bit of dry fire. I did 5X for each draw and one shot: hands at sides, surrender, turn and draw (left then right,) and table start (loaded, unloaded mags in holster, unloaded mags on table.) I did a few of the following starting in each direction and with varied hand positions: plate rack, 6 reload 6, and shooting on the move. I also did like 5-10 min of mag changes.

LOL! That is awesome! I love watching other people's shooting videos! I honestly had a lot of fun making it! :-)

Heh, well just because I make them, doesn't mean they will get posted ::wink wink:: for right now I am curious to see what I can see. I am starting my range diary today :). FYI, I totally think your fall. And recovery should be on your highlights video, doing what you did safely and the recovery were awesome. But that's just me, I am at the point in my game where I learn the most when stuff goes wrong.

LOL! That is awesome! I love watching other people's shooting videos! I honestly had a lot of fun making it! :-)

Heh, well just because I make them, doesn't mean they will get posted ::wink wink:: for right now I am curious to see what I can see. I am starting my range diary today :). FYI, I totally think your fall. And recovery should be on your highlights video, doing what you did safely and the recovery were awesome. But that's just me, I am at the point in my game where I learn the most when stuff goes wrong.

It is sooooooooooooo awesome you are starting a range diary!!! I love it! :wub: I think that it is super helpful to have other shooters see my videos. I have gotten a lot of helpful hints that way! You should totally just go for it! We are all friends here. As far as the fall, I totally would have used it, but I only used unseen footage for my hightlight video. :)

Great video! It looks like you've been keeping busy shooting a ton of matches. I envy that.

hehe I love 1:26 where you kick the chair behind you. "Get outttaa heeeere!".

I will be adopting that move.

Great video! It looks like you've been keeping busy shooting a ton of matches. I envy that.

hehe I love 1:26 where you kick the chair behind you. "Get outttaa heeeere!".

I will be adopting that move.

Thanks! LOL!!! I told the RO to make sure he didn't stand behind the chair!!! I wanted it out of my way coming back through! LOL!!!

Dry fire tonight was all about the mag changes. I did them in reps of 5 first slow then fast. Standing still, walking forward, backwards, left and right. Then ran through it again this time focusing on being a bit snappier when moving post reload to simulate trying to reload then GO!!! like you would do at a match! Then repeated for about a half hour's worth of practice.

Edited by monicataliani