Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Monica's Range Diary

monicataliani

• Replies 534
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay everyone!!! I need your suggestions!!! I am going to edit some videos tonight and compile some of my better stages and I want to put it to music. What song(s) should I use?

GAHH I was just thinking of a bunch of songs last night that would be great for this. Of course they all escape me right now...

So I totally love all the song ideas! Good thing I will need many songs for multiple videos. :)

Dry fire tonight- I added turn and draw to the opposite side because of a stage I ran into a couple weeks back that forced you to turn to the left and draw. I also did a decent amount of strong hand/ weak hand. I did some practice aside from SA with running/transitioning from shooting areas and doing mag changes while running backwards.

So I totally love all the song ideas! Good thing I will need many songs for multiple videos. :)

Dry fire tonight- I added turn and draw to the opposite side because of a stage I ran into a couple weeks back that forced you to turn to the left and draw. I also did a decent amount of strong hand/ weak hand. I did some practice aside from SA with running/transitioning from shooting areas and doing mag changes while running backwards.

Ugh, I hate when stage designers make me turn like that. Make sure you keep the gun in tight and push out when your down range. I've seen a lot of people draw and start to extend, well within the 180 range mind you, but because they where extending to early the gun was like a 2 pound weight and gets slung around like a weight on a rope!

Ugh, I hate when stage designers make me turn like that. Make sure you keep the gun in tight and push out when your down range. I've seen a lot of people draw and start to extend, well within the 180 range mind you, but because they where extending to early the gun was like a 2 pound weight and gets slung around like a weight on a rope!

It was extra special because this one was an unloaded start to boot!

I Did a lot with draws and mag changes today for dryfire. I tried to think of every variation. Seated, turn to left, on the table, under something that had to be moved, and all the usual ones. Then I got what I thought was an awesome idea. I figured practicing unloaded starts was something I have never worked on. Then the question came up- Will this damage my gun? Is it safer to do so with snap caps to cushion the slide dropping? I definitely want to make sure I keep the racking the slide component to this part of my practice so I don't unintentionally train myself to "forget" to rack the slide during unloaded starts. How do you practice that?

(And don't worry, I plan on using the search function as soon as I am done here! :P )

I would just load some dummy rounds. You won't hurt the gun without them but the slide will lock back on an empty mag so you have to figure out something.

Just seat some bullets on some sized, spent cases without removing the primers.

How was the RO class? Did you get in trouble for not doing the pretest? tongue.gif

I would just load some dummy rounds. You won't hurt the gun without them but the slide will lock back on an empty mag so you have to figure out something.

Just seat some bullets on some sized, spent cases without removing the primers.

How was the RO class? Did you get in trouble for not doing the pretest? tongue.gif

The prestest was a killer! LOL! I still can not believe that the one person I trust to give me a real answer had to jump on board with Dave.... Ridiculous! :roflol:

Thanks for the advice on dummy rounds! :cheers:

Ugggggghhhhhhhh....... I totally give up on dry fire this week. Today I get two practice draws in and my m&p's trigger wouldnt work. Broken striker. Awesome.

Do you use a snap cap when you dry fire?

I've broken the breech face of a Glock and a striker from not using a snap when I dry fired.

Ugggggghhhhhhhh....... I totally give up on dry fire this week. Today I get two practice draws in and my m&p's trigger wouldnt work. Broken striker. Awesome.

Do you use a snap cap when you dry fire?

I've broken the breech face of a Glock and a striker from not using a snap when I dry fired.

I'm sure that happened to you but it is a fluke.

I was never much for dry firing but I'll bet I dry fired my 34 at least 20k times.

Many others are in 100k+ territory with no problems.

These striker fired guns should hold up to dry fire without snap caps.