Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Monica's Range Diary

monicataliani

I love reading range diaries. Pharaoh , excuse me, Micah is digressing and novelizing, but i learn a lot from all these diaries and posts. What Sarge is saying is get a Glock. I think. Anyway, thanks for posting, takes a lot of guts.DVC.

Hi! :) I totally agree! They are my favorite thing to read on here!

• Replies 534
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I did section 2 tonight. I practiced about an hour total. It felt really good. Everything seemed super smooth. I have been focusing on doing things correctly instead of quickly lately. I could feel a difference today. I was much faster even though I wasn't trying for speed. I also devoted a lot of thought to my weak hand grip as well as keeping my knees bent while "shooting" and moving.

I did the Miamisburg Monday Night Shoot tonight. Soooooo much fun! I felt pretty wound up for the first string and my grip felt absolutely terrible. I have been working with my weakhand grip and now I can really feel a difference. I readjusted mid section during this stage at one point. It was really distracting. The second string I felt kind of choppy because I wanted to shoot alphas and try to go a bit faster. My grip again was really distracting. The third I took a little mental break for a second prior to starting and told myself just to go back to trying to shoot alphas since it was farther back and had some tricky spots. I ended up shooting the third string faster than the second! I am uploading both the first two strings from last week (1/30/12) and then all 3 from tonight. And to top it off- NO failures!!! (I know, it is horrible that I am thinking "OMG I hope my gun works" when stepping up to make ready instead of thinking about shooting.)

Monica U r working hard, and u have to focus again on ur magazine change, u work every time with the gun low..

u have to watch the magwell when u insert the magazine. And when u drawn , u have to move the 2 hands togheter (the left toward the chest and the right to take the gun)

and the gun moves up for holster and forward toward the target..

in this way when u r forwarding the gun u can se the sight and begin to aim...

I hope I write all clearly..ehehe..

obviously I repeat what my Master tell me continuously..;)

ahh.. and when u have to slide the gun...always at the eyes level!!

reloading

http://youtu.be/2xG8aOIB5x0

Too many C . U have to be more accurate. Only As and can occur just some C. Slow down ur speed. U are building now ur skills and u have to shot only when all is good. I am working in this way. No compromise only do all good. I know,maybe, I 'll need more time to became quick, But if u have good fundamentals u can go far. That's my opinion.

Dont shot if it's not A this is the rule.

I could not believe Jonathan offered the xd for my use. Doesn't he know tjat if Monica isn't happy nobodys happy. Also he has to go home with you. If I should beat you Monday night he will surely pay dearly.

To answer your question, YES. I do have 10 XD mags and would very much like to use the XD tacticle in 9 mm.

THANKS !!!!