Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2012 Area 1 Pistol Championship

Close but not quite and I hope nobody called and told him that. Frank Koch out of Canada won it. He's already been contacted and is very much looking forward to it. Both are great guys.

LOL - you can understand the mistake!!!!!

;-)

That would of been cool to see Frank win it. More cool if I had won it. I guess NAFTA is alive and well! I am jealous!

I hope Stage 6 won for the best RO team!

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Close but not quite and I hope nobody called and told him that. Frank Koch out of Canada won it. He's already been contacted and is very much looking forward to it. Both are great guys.

LOL - you can understand the mistake!!!!!

Pretty sure it's not the first time or the last. Besides I think we kept you pretty busy during awards doing the pics for everyone.

Thanks to Ken N. and the gang for putting on a great match :cheers: .

:cheers: to Chuck Anderson for the support he provides to Area 1.

Also thanks to the people and businesses of St. George, UT, never had a bad experience there on my first visit to the area.

I had the best time there with squad 13 :D:cheers: and made some new friends too.

Will definitely be back there to shoot again (thought I heard a hint at the awards presentation) if Area 1 or larger match is hosted. If you weren't' there, you missed out.

I still have some of that Utah dust on my shoes and other gear (stuff got everywhere).

Thanks again.

B

I think that this match was a huge success. I want to thank all of the match staff for all of their hard work :cheers:

It would be awesome to have the Area 1 at this same range run by the same team in 2013

This was my first major match and I had a blast! Great stages, great staff and a great range! The gully run stage - run by the RO super squad :wub: - was a blast!

Hope it is held up there again next year!

I think that this match was a huge success. I want to thank all of the match staff for all of their hard work :cheers:

It would be awesome to have the Area 1 at this same range run by the same team in 2013

+1 on next year and good shooting with ya Charlie...

It was great to see old friends, and make new ones. Stage 3 "House cleaning" was great to run all weekend, I am glad everyone seemed to have enjoyed the match. I enjoy working a stage due to the contact with shooters and how thankful they all are! Lots of handshakes all around!! See you next year.

Great match, although I shoot each Area 1 Match worse than the one before. This one was my poorest performance yet. I really liked the stages, the Philly cheese steaks were good, and the Gully Run (Stage 6) RO crew was, uh, interesting. And I think I'll put St. George on the short list for retirement towns.

Awesome match and venue. The stages were incredible, and I liked the practiscore system they used.

While I thought the pre-match information was great, it would have been nice to know if your class/division was going to be recognized or not. I realize that as per USPSA rules, a division/class isn't recognized in a Level 3 match unless there are 10 entrants, but there were 9 revolver shooters, and the winner wasn't even called out, let alone recieve an award... yet in one division they went down to 7th place in like C class. (and no, my class wasn't recognized either). Rules are rules, but I've never been to a match that followed that one... I do learn something at each one though :)

Anyone know if that classifier will get sent in, or if the match percentage will count for classification (in Production anyway) ???

Once again, awesome match, and thanks to all that were involved in setting it up. I'll def be back next year assuming it's in the same location.

I want to thank all the squads for working as fast resetting the stages as they did shooting them. We had turn around times of about 3 minutes with the NASCAR level pit crews on stage 8. Thanks, ya'll.

After shooting Nationals, Area I and Area II many times, I have to say this was my favorite match. Ken and all the staff did an exceptional job. Great range in a beautiful valley, and St. George is a great town to visit. I look forward to returning next year. Thanks for a great time. :cheers:

Now that I've unpacked, put in 40 hours at work, reminded my husband and dog who I am, and shot a classifier match, I FINALLY have a contribution to this thread!

I was one of the ROs on the Gully Run (Stage 6) and enjoyed the heck out of meeting everyone, however brief!

All of the photos I took at the USPSA Area 1 Championships are now located on Flickr here. Ken drafted me last minute to take the awards photos, so please remember I'm just an amateur with a camera and don't expect professional quality! On the plus side, they're all free!

To save a digital copy of a photo, click the "Actions" button on the upper left corner of the photograph, then click "View All Sizes." This will take you to a screen where you can choose which size you want to download. Just right-click on the photo and choose "Save Image As" to save it to your local hard drive. You can then put it on a USB drive and take it to a photo center for printing.

To embed a copy of the photo on a web site, or email a link to it to a friend, click the "Share" button and grab the URL/code from there.

If you wish to order prints through Flickr, you must first create an account on flickr.com. This is free and easy to do! Once you are logged in as a member of flickr, when you click the "Actions" button you will see a new option for "Order prints." You can also make comments on any of the photos if you want to add some information.

I identified people, stages, and sponsors as best I could, but it's possible I made some mistakes. I was also unable to link names to several folks. Please help me out by letting me know if there are any corrections, and help me identify folks!

If you have any questions, or if you want photos of you removed for any reason, please let me know at kiloindiatango@gmail.com. Likewise if you have photos of the event and would like them added to this album, contact me - I'm sure our shooters would love to have them all in one place!

I also have a HUGE post chock full of photos from the match and observations about being an RO at Area 1, along with a review of Practiscore, on my blog. You can read it here! I figured if I posted all those photos here someone would hunt me down. :)

Great photos Kit. Thank you. I didn't bring a camera and your scenery shots are perfect for relaying the beauty of the area to my family.

If you want to identify me (Tom Dean) the photos are:

7147595191_0cd63f97f4_m.jpg

7001505364_c0fa3a1ac1_m.jpg

Thanks guys!

Tom, I can't figure out the right complete URL for those two pictures, can you send me the whole URL? Or you can comment on those photos on flickr and I'll add it from there.

If you look on the photography portion of my web site there should be a lot more pictures of the Zion and Salt Lake areas if you want to see more!