Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2012 Ohio Section Championship

• Replies 993
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

There, that's better! Forgot to run the update! :) Check out all those LTD GMs now! ;)

OhioStats-20.jpg

Good news is it looks like this will be a classifier match in Limited. :eatdrink:

Since we had 88 shooters at the classifier match a couple weeks ago I would say that the 40 unclassified should be getting smaller. Thanks to that match I will be moving up from a D to a C in production. :cheers: I should be about 57% when things get updated.

I am still shooting this match in Limited so that won't help me much, but I am happy to no longer be a D in any classification.

Chris

I am surprised this close to the start of the match, that we still have so many "unclassified" shooters.

Why does that surprise you?

I guess I never imagined shooting a major unclassed. Thats all.

Edited by bobert1

There, that's better! Forgot to run the update! :) Check out all those LTD GMs now! ;)

OhioStats-20.jpg

Good news is it looks like this will be a classifier match in Limited. :eatdrink:

Has to be a level 3 match, with 3 GMs in the division

Forgot about the level III part.

I am surprised this close to the start of the match, that we still have so many "unclassified" shooters.

Why does that surprise you?

I guess I never imagined shooting a major unclassed. Thats all.

Now thats not the right attitude. Look at Max at Area 6. Went in as a U and won SS.

He's practically the Little Engine that Could. :roflol:

2 Things.

Any progress on the Match Book ???

I'm working on it :lol: ...It takes a bit of time to put it together. I have to take what Dan gives me and retype it into a publishing program. I know I probably can cut and paste but I don't want to monkey with the cleaning things up once the paste has occurred.

:cheers:

2 Things.

Any progress on the Match Book ???

I've never shot a single USPSA match but signed up based on advice from this forum. I should have 2-3 matches under my belt (if things go as planned) by the time this particular match rolls around. I doubt I'll be classified yet, though. I wanted to make it to Miami's classifier match a couple weeks ago, but something came up and I had to cancel. Such is life. :blush:

OhioStats-20.jpg

Has to be a level 3 match, with 3 GMs in the division

Not entirely true. The match can be a Level II or III. I have a Level II in my classifications ( 2011 SC Sectional ).

Also, the 3 GM guideline is just that, a guideline. I think that is what most MD's do, and have done, so it is referred to by most as a rule. I've looked a number of times for this rule, and it doesn't exist. Plus, you can have 3 GM's in a match, and if they don't shoot GM quality, it still might not count if USPSA office determines otherwise.

Here is what it says in the Classifer Book:

Scores From Major Matches

A shooter’s performance in larger matches and tournaments may also be used to help establish a classification. In order for overall scores from a Level II or Level III match to be entered as a classifier, the match director must submit an application for Level II or Level III match with the “Results for Classification” check box marked. Please note that there is no guarantee that the overall results will be used. As a minimum requirement,the results and competitor list will be reviewed at the USPSA office to determine whether enough top shooters completed the match and performed at a level high enough to be considered a national standard.

It can be a level II but the GM's have to be "National" level GMs. Matt Cheely or Matt Trout would count, but not myself for example. "Real GMs" :)

The hell you say. You are a real GM. Don't cut yourself short. I see your name toward the top of every match you attend while I have to look for my name on the second page. :angry2:

No it's true. The GMs have to be someone capable of winning the Nationals, or at least finishing in the top 10. Even if it was possible for me to finish in the top 10, the folks at the USPSA home office have to be aware of it, so ...... there's your first sign! Maybe I should advertise more! :)

It can be a level II but the GM's have to be "National" level GMs. Matt Cheely or Matt Trout would count, but not myself for example. "Real GMs" :)

Id vote you count as a real GM. As previously posted, you are always near the top of everything. With you, the two listed and some Vogel guy shooting Limited, what needs to be done to make it a "classifier match"?

Id vote you count as a real GM. As previously posted, you are always near the top of everything. With you, the two listed and some Vogel guy shooting Limited, what needs to be done to make it a "classifier match"?

I guess someone named Smith, Jonasson, Tomasie, Butler, Miguez or Bragg need to be in it as well. Would be nice to put a number of GMs to that "classifier match" caveat. IMO, if you're a GM, you're a GM. Those guys can screw up just like anyone else can.

Ay caramba!!! :goof: We keep getting more and more apps in every day, it seems. We once hoped to hit the magic number of 300 Shooters, but we are quickly approaching 320! :)

Here's the latest update!

OhioStats-22.jpg

Are we really not going to consider capping this match off? these are some big numbers.surprise.gif