Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Lemme see dat Glock Foty

Vermilion

So I was at work one day at a local fun store and this gangbanger walks in and straight up to me. He looks around the counter for a minute and says "Lemme see dat Glock foty" So I pick up a Glock 22 and hand it to him. He procedes to point it this way and that and looks down the sights and turns it sideways and lean waaaay back gangster style with a smile on his face. Now this dude was the ONLY customer in the store at this point so I just had to ask him, "Why do ya'll hold the pistol sideways like that?" Without missing a beat the dude turns to me and says "We hold it like dis coz da sights be gettin in da way of wut we be trying to shoot at" It took every ounce of strength in my body to not bust out laughing right in his face. He proceeded to come back once or twice a week to do the same stances and turning it this way and that. Atleast he had better taste than say a Jennings, Lorcin, or HiPoint.

Kind of glad they choose to hold it sideways and shoot with no sights as 99% of them can't hit the broadside of skyscraper.

"We hold it like dis coz da sights be gettin in da way of wut we be trying to shoot at"

That's my position exactly! Was he a frustrated C class shooter?

You mean to say that if I want to get out of C Class I need to start using the sights? :surprise: All this time I've just been looking at the target and pointing the gun in the general direction of the target. :sight:

Kind of glad they choose to hold it sideways and shoot with no sights as 99% of them can't hit the broadside of skyscraper.

Unfortunately, around here, there's no telling what 'bangers will hit and with disturbing frequency, they end up hitting people they don't intend to hit. :angry2:

A humorous account nonetheless. When he turned the Glock sideways, did he do the "pump" to simulate making the bullet go faster? :roflol:

• 2 weeks later...

Do any of you guys remember the "ad" that wwent round on the internet for Home Boy Night Sights? The sights were mounted on the right side of the slide.

Ima axe santa fo deez fo xmas.

homeboy-sights1.jpg

Edited by waktasz

There is a fellow not too far from here who shoots what he calls "modified homeboy style" He torn his wrist up pretty bad when he was younger and it will not rotate fully. His gun sits about 45 degrees. Looks funny as hell but he shoots pretty darn well.

I had police instructor from Ohio show me a strong handonly technique he called the quarter-home boy, where he canted the pistol slightly to the right.

I guess I should've added that he is left handed.

Edited by Biloxi23

• 1 month later...

I had police instructor from Ohio show me a strong handonly technique he called the quarter-home boy, where he canted the pistol slightly to the right.

I guess I should've added that he is left handed.

That is actually a good method. I shoot weak hand "Half Homie".

Nah, it's held sideways because the "clips" have two nickel plated "bullets" on the bottom and then normal brass on top.

When you shoot with the gun sideways and you see the first nickel plated "shell" fly into your line of sight, you know it's time to put another "clip" in.

I'm surprised you did not know that, yet.