Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

10 Rd SS Mags

rhd2542

OK---Your question is a little sketchy, so I'm making some assumptions.

SS is Single Stack? You can't fit 10 rd 45 mags in the box, so

I'm assuming you are shooting a 9MM 1911.

My favorite in a 10 rd 9mm 1911 mag is Tripp. Some swear by Wilson.

I like the Wilson 10 round mags for the 1911 chambered in .45. That said -- if buying them to compete in USPSA -- you'd need to shoot L10.....

I also like the Wilson 8 round mags for full size .45s, and Wilson 7 round mags for the officers length frames....

I never found a batch of 9mm 1911 mags I was totally happy with, and have no experience with the 10mm or .40. If I was looking for any of those calibers now, I'd look at Wilson (past Experience) and Tripp (reputation)....

And if, on the other hand, you actually want 10 rd .45 mags, the Chip McCormicks have functioned fine in my guns for years, never an issue.

Occasionally, I'll shot L10 or use the larger mags in 3 Gun.

• 2 weeks later...

I run the chips but have to clean them often to function reliably. I have run the wilson's with success as well in both 8 and 10rd .45 but would have to favor the Chips in the 10rds.

Hmmm. I run the Chips too and have never had to clean them or change mag springs.

Never failed.

I like the Chips, but I have had the follower fly out of the mag after hitting the ground during a reload. This has happend several times with differnt Chip mags(all 8 round power mags). My favorite mags for 45 are Wilson, 9mm is Tripps. Chip mags are great for the money(especially when they are on sale at Midway).

Edited by Ryan N

i havent tried the wilson in 9mm. i have them in 45 and they are great. on the other hand, i have tripps and 9mm and they are fantastic. but i havent tried the wilsons in 9mm. lol

Edited by RDunn

• 2 weeks later...

I run the chips but have to clean them often to function reliably. I have run the wilson's with success as well in both 8 and 10rd .45 but would have to favor the Chips in the 10rds.

Hmmm. I run the Chips too and have never had to clean them or change mag springs.

Never failed.

I use mine alot. I probably shoot 3 matches a week. They worked fine for the first 2-3 months but require cleaning every couple of weeks. Or maybe im just confused and they really don't cause the gun to jam. Idle. I like the checkmate follower design better and will get them for my next set.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I have been very happy with Wilson mags for my 45 in both 10 and 8 round size. For the 9mm 1911 the Wilson mags are good but I like the Dawson mags better. I'm going to try the Tripp mags for it also, sounds like the guys have been happy with them.

• 3 weeks later...