Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Lowe's

Trini

Last week my old Monty Ward frig that was bought in 1977 finally quit. It was kept in the garage and used for storing beer, pop, etc. Sunday wife and I went to Lowe's after seeing their ad which had refrigerators at 10% off. Wife picked one out and while talking to the sales guy find out that they deliver for free, will take the old one at no charge and also got my 10% military discount.

We also are very happy with Lowes. After being jerked around by our local lumber yard, we decided to stop by lowes to get a estimate on our deck materials. We were pointed to a salesman who did comercial sales. Once the bid was in, the guy mentioned, that if we could add another $200 to the bill, we would be eligible for the corporate customer discount.My wife had been looking at grills, so we added one of those to the build sheet estimate. Adding the $300 grill made us eligible, and with the corporate discount we saved over $600. We ended up getting our grill for free, and then some. To top it all off, the delivery was cheaper too with the corporate discount.The salesman went out of his way to get us the best deal he could, and make sure we were taken care of, he even called to make sure all was deliverd, and there was no damage. Guess where all of our future project purchases will go.

Well I had what started out as a good experience, then it went bad, then good again.

Bought a new dishwasher and a nice french door Whirlpool Gold fridge on their July 4 sale. They had a pretty good discounted price on all their energy star rated fridges plus another 10% off. The bad part was I had to wait until Friday for delivery and when Friday came the truck had the wrong fridge on it. They had actually delivered mine to someone else. So I went back up to the store and naturally they only had the floor model left. So I gave them the sob story about how I had to wait all week, the truck was late by 3.5 hours and when it did show up they had the wrong one! I explained that I really need one today and they offered another 10% off if I took the floor model, but they couldn't get it delivered until the next morning. I looked it over real close and there were no dents, scratches, etc. in it, had the manuals and stuff so I told them since it's been on the floor I really didn't want it, but that I'd take it if they also threw in a 2 year extended warranty. They took the deal and got it delivered. So they took my old one for free, I got almost $800 off the new one and an extended warranty. Plus Whirlpool was having a rebate for multiple appliance purchases so I'll be getting another $100 back in a few more weeks. Yeah, I'm not griping anymore... :cheers:

Very cool. (No pun intended). You'll also find that your electricity use will decrease. We replaced a 1984 model three years ago and the new one saves us around $150/year.

That's what we are hoping that out bill will go down a bit as we are all electric. We decided to put the new frig

in the basement. We were told that a newer frig kept in an unheated garages during the winter will cause us problems as the freezer will stop working during cold weather.

If your planning on making a large purchase and want to get a 10% discount at Lowe's, go to the Post Office and ask for a change of address kit, in it there is a coupon for 10% off at Lowe's. I've been using them for years and always have one in my wallet, but they are only good for three months, then you need to get another kit from the Post Office.

If your planning on making a large purchase and want to get a 10% discount at Lowe's, go to the Post Office and ask for a change of address kit, in it there is a coupon for 10% off at Lowe's. I've been using them for years and always have one in my wallet, but they are only good for three months, then you need to get another kit from the Post Office.

Thanks John. I wish I knew about the discount before I started a home remodel. But better late than never.

Bill

I recently started working for them. You would be AMAZED at what they will do to make a customer happy. If you are ever unhappy with just call and ask for the manager. If you are not happy after that then you just can't be pleased by anyone.

A few things I have seen:

Have your deck package delivered ALWAYS. When you get down to the crooked and warped boards call and tell them. They will deliver good boards and take away the bad for free. Trust me, I do this a few times a week.

People bring back grills all the time and say the food tastes bad when cooked on it. They exchange it, no questions asked.

I find Lowe's tremendously overpriced when compared to Menards or Home Depot. That probably explains why they have the money to go out of the way for the customer.

Sometimes this is true. Usually they are nearly the same on most building materials stuff.

But then again, if you find it cheaper somewhere else you can bring it in to Lowe's and they will beat the price plus take 10% off.

To be fair HD will do the same thing.

Must be you dont live in VT.......

Lowes is cool. I went to buy 3,400 sqft of concrete paver tle Tuesday. Did you know they will give price reductions for bulk purchases? 12% discount. Too bad they had to call "corporate" and didn't get me my price until the next day. I had already purchased elsewhere. I didn't get as much discount but sometimes timing is more important than price.

Good luck with the new fridge.

• 1 month later...

I run a Lowe's store. If you are making a big purchase, ask to speak to the manager on duty and explain what project you are working on. I am always open to creating a great customer experience for those that choose my store. Help me help you.

No need to try and and work a system. Just support those employed there and be honest about what you need.

In the end we both win.

We also offer an every day 10% off to Veterans, and there is nothing more gratifying than giving that military discount and shaking their hand for their support to our country.

Thanks John. I wish I knew about the discount before I started a home remodel. But better late than never.

Bill

sorry but my integrity is worth more than a 10 percent discount.

People bring back grills all the time and say the food tastes bad when cooked on it. They exchange it, no questions asked.

My ex used to burn the taste out of anything she put on the grille. Who knew all I had to do was buy her a grille from Lowe's and problem solved!!!

:cheers:

Now that I think about it. I went to lowes one time to pick up some thigns I needed for the next work day. it was a Saturday afternoon and my $2,000 generator got stolen from the back of inside of my work van. The manager on duty at the lowes store cut me a deal on a new one. Thank God for small favors, it wasn't a purchase I was planning on making but I needed a replacement.

The security was not at all helpful. They sucked! and wtf are the cameras in the parking lots for if they don't video all angels? Just ridiculous... The chicago cops sucked too btw. Absolutely useless. When I called it took them 45 minutes to show up. I aid I wasn't goign to be making an insurance claim my insurance wouldn't cover it. He asked why I was wasting his time filing a report then. Ummmm you bumbling idiot because my truck got broken into maybe?! Because $2,000 worth of equipment was stolen, maybe?

I run a Lowe's store. If you are making a big purchase, ask to speak to the manager on duty and explain what project you are working on. I am always open to creating a great customer experience for those that choose my store. Help me help you.

No need to try and and work a system. Just support those employed there and be honest about what you need.

In the end we both win.

We also offer an every day 10% off to Veterans, and there is nothing more gratifying than giving that military discount and shaking their hand for their support to our country.

In the end we both win.

So all I have to do is pack a copy of my DD214 and I get 10 percent off of every purchase at Lowes? Sounds almost to good to be true:)

Keith