Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Practical Shooting, Beyond Fundamentals, on Ebook

LINC

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Exciting news! Practical Shooting, Beyond Fundamentals is now available on Kindle.

All versions are $9.99.

Click Here to get it on Kindle

(The link takes you to a click-through in my store.)

Click Here for Barnes & Noble Nook Version

Apple, iBook version coming soon. (The iBook link will appear when it's live)

be

Edited by benos
added Kindle Link

Thanks Paul!

Unfortunately the only file the book can be printed from is the old-school "flats." For the last printing, they tried to convert to PDF to print from, but the quality of the proofs was absolutely horrible, so they printed from the flats.

I saved the PDF as a DOC file, but the formatting didn't translate that well to the DOC file. Anything that's not just basic formatted text will have to be manually edited, and in areas were the formatting didn't translate, the save as also created typo's. Big loser.

So I'm not sure if it would be worth it to manually edit the entire book, to get it on Kindle. I certainly don't have the time for it now anyway.

be

I searched all the online bookstores hoping it was available online. I wanted to buy it to read on my ipad. I ended up buying the book and read it straight through in two days. Thank you Brian for all the well written info. After shooting a horrible match 3 weeks ago, I bought your book and went back to ground zero. I followed your advice to the letter and practiced the drills focusing on the goal of each drill. I have made so much progress in the short time I've been doing them. Thank you! worth every penny. :cheers:

• 5 months later...

+1 on the book Brian.

So many guys enter this sport and immediately start looking for shortcuts to progress by modifying their equipment/weapons...sometimes before they even fire a single shot through the weapon they're already mucking around the trigger etc...

The hardest distance in shooting is....the six inches between the ears...... and your book makes that clear.

Thanks,

John

+1 on the book Brian.

So many guys enter this sport and immediately start looking for shortcuts to progress by modifying their equipment/weapons...sometimes before they even fire a single shot through the weapon they're already mucking around the trigger etc...

The hardest distance in shooting is....the six inches between the ears...... and your book makes that clear.

:D

Thanks John!

be

I think you'd need to reformat the whole thing anyway to take into account the differences between a DOC and ePub format... If I get fired next year (a distinct possibility) then I may find myself with some time on my hands... if so, I wouldn't mind taking a crack at it.

Part of the issue is that we're still in the format wars. Just like VHS and Betamax, Kindle and epub are both good but non-compatible. I have a Nook that uses epub and pdfs, but the Kindle is priced below cost and ebooks are cheaper on Amazon than Barnes and Noble. The deciding factor, I think, will be individuals; if enough folks start publishing to one format or another and skip paper totally then we'll have a winner. Until then the jury is open.

Leam

• 2 months later...

From my reading it should be possible to write a script to translate flat files to xml. From there the world is your oyster.

Glad you have it moving forward! Kindle format means iPads + Android tablets are good to go too!

• 1 month later...

In case you missed my first, edited, post in this thread:

Exciting news! Practical Shooting, Beyond Fundamentals is now available on Kindle.

All versions are $9.99.

Click Here for Barnes and Noble Nook Version

be

In case you missed my first, edited, post in this thread:

All versions are $9.99.

Click Here for Barnes and Noble Nook Version

be

Brian: The confusion is due to the typo in your sentence:

"Exciting news! Practical Shooting, Beyond Fundamentals is not available on Kindle."

I thought it was sarcastic reply, but now see it's a typo!

Edited by benos

Thanks jmaass! (typo corrected)

It was unchallenged for a long time!

I just went out a bought a copy and downloaded to my Kindle, even though I still have my ancient much-marked-up paper copy.

Edited by benos