Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Dillon No BS warranty

I was sitting here thinking of all the times Dillon has made good on their warranty and thought, wouldn't it look cool to see it listed out.If it's too many things to remember( very possible ) just list the highlights and add "A whole bunch of other s**t".

1. Powder measures

2. Rebuild lower end on 550b

3. Primer bars

4. Great phone service

5. A whole bunch of other s**t

PS Pictures would be nice to tell the story if you have them. :D

If you are like me and type with one finger, let's make it easier. If Dillon has helped you with their No BS warranty say "YUP". The story would still be nice to hear. :D

Edited by Youngeyes

A bunch of small parts, some worn out, others I broke one way or another for my 10 year old 650.

My best Dillon story is this 550 that I bought for $100. These are the pics that the guy selling it sent me. What you see is what I got.

dillon1.jpg

dillon3.jpg

I sent it in, requested a couple of upgrades that I was going to pay for and here's what I got back. Total time door to door was exactly 14 days.

550-1.jpg

Here is the invoice that was enclosed. Total parts minus warranty equals what I paid on the bottom line.

550-2.jpg

That's my $161.10 Dillon 550. :D

Edited by Mr. Chitlin

I wish I had taken pictures, but here goes... One of my best left nameless relatives broke the toolhead pin off inside their 550. Not needing to use it right away, as there are LOTS of Dillons in this extended family, they left it on the workbench for YEARS, or at least until the main shaft rusted solid to the frame. I decided to try to fix it, but as you might expect, I didn't get too far before I figured out I should send it to Dillon. I think they sent back the original spent primer cup. Everything else was new. If I remember right, it cost about $48 or $49... I'm constantly amazed by Dillon's customer support. Thanks again DIllon. :-)

Edited by Alvarez Kelly

broken lots of stuff on accident, i ask them if i can pay them cause it was my fault, they laugh at me, i have gotten 4 of my friends to get dillons presses and there no BS warrenty and there amazing customer service has earned them my business for life!

Not a big one, but a big deal to me because the press won't run without it:

I'm one of those idiots that keeps trying to decap cases that have corn cob media in them, and I end up with a bent decap pin.

Well, I tend to bend it so far it won't back out of the retaining cap. Even if I break it off (PS: Anyone got a trick for this?)

I just called Dillon to place an order for a new one and Dennis answered -- said he would just send me a couple.

Awesome customer service. I would buy another press from them if I needed one - just cause they're great folks.

Actually, I'm sure I could find a use for one...

:cheers:

I just called Dillon to place an order for a new one and Dennis answered -- said he would just send me a couple.

Denis is a great guy, as well as very experienced support tech. I've know him since I began competing in AZ, since probably around '80-'81.

be

I have 3 550B loaders, one with a case feeder. My GF has one too. Dillon has come through with a few small parts over the years + some phone advice. That's all we ever needed though. I will not load on anything else. No one is perfect, but they are the most trouble free loaders with the best convenience features(I've tried them all).

• 3 weeks later...

Denis is a great guy, as well as very experienced support tech. I've know him since I began competing in AZ, since probably around '80-'81.

be

Just another example that speaks volumes for the company- the ability to retain quality, veteran personnel who are familiar with all aspects of equipment. I wish more companies would follow suit.

via Tapatalk

I stopped shooting for 12 years, about 16 years ago,

and let my Square Deal rust up in the garage.

When I got back into shooting a few years ago, I

found the SQ D rusted, contacted Dillon, explained

it was MY Fault - and they said "send it in".

Not sure if they refurbished it or replaced it

but it has loaded 40,000 rounds in the past four

years. For FREE. With a few other free service

issues and replacements.

Really can't beat that kind of service:)

Jack

I've had a RL550b for over twenty years that I bought new with no real problems.I sent for one part over the years.

I recently bought a XL650 used also a older machine, mid eighties but at a great price. It had sat a while and had loaded upteen thousands of rounds before storage. A couple of calls to Dillon and a bunch of broken parts replaced for free.

A lot of the plastic parts were brittle from age and storage. After a total breakdown and cleaning it looks like new, I wish I took before and after pictures.

Edited by jaypap

I've been lurking around and reading a lot of info on everything in general and decided to start reloading. I ended up purchasing a used SDB. It had a few problems so I just tore it all down, Made a list and called them told them what it was doing, they tried troubleshooting over the phone and deemed it worn parts. I expected 1 or 2 pieces in the mail. To my surprise they sent me a bag of extra parts, its like a new machine, runs great and I couldn't be happier. I'm a mechanic and I only buy snap-on tools mostly for the warranty, the only difference with Dillon is you get the lifetime warranty and awesome customer service.

I had a problem with the staion 1 locator on my 550 case feeder. The locator was chewed up a bit and the cases weren't flowing smoothly through it. Emailed them about it yesterday, they sent out replacement today. Can't ask for more than that...excellent customer service at it's best.

Matt

Yup, when they say no BS, they mean it, I bought another 550 used, the powder measure didn't work right, called Dillon, they gave me the RMA number, shipped the powder measure off, came back all rebuilt with the list of parts they put in, NO CHARGE at all. I now have 3 550's and their service has been excellent, now granted only have used it for the powder measure, did call them on the tumbler for a motor, the guy I talked to said what it would cost to rebuild it to the 750 specs, I said I could buy a new one for a few dollars more, that is what he said also, most will buy a new one, the 500 was going to cost around $98 to rebuild and upgrade plus the shipping there. Lucky I had another 500 laying in a box brand new that I bought as a spare, tried finding a motor for the one that went south, no luck here, I checked every where for motors for the 500, no luck, even Grainger's couldn't get one for me.

All for now JD Trampas

I've used the CS many time over the last 30 years and this year a hele coil came apart, they gave me a return # and I sent the machine in. then rebuilt the whole SD for the price of shipping to them. Even before this happened I tell people spend the money and get Dillion, less expemsive in the long run. People think they are saving money buying other brands but when they add up what they spent upgrading their savings they could have bought two Dillions.

No one does it better, Outstanding five GOLD star service. If you have a new machine or the first one out the door they'll make it right. My oldest 550 is older than a lot of shooters and it's still cranking ammo.

Thanks Dillon.

It's interesting to see this thread after just hanging up the phone with Dillon.

The spacer and powder bar on my 15 year old 550B has galled to the point that they slide in a very erratic manner which causes the powder drop to change.

I called Dillon and they would only give me an RMA number to send the parts in for inspection before replacement.

I have 3 machines and this is totally different than in the past when needing replacement parts.

Something new is in the air at Dillon.

Yes the NO-BS Warranty does work. In fact I was down at the Dillon store last week. It seems again I have worn out the "Case Insert Slide". This is my second one. I keep it lubed but it wore out again. What happens is when you raise the shell plate, the slide gets cocked due the pressure from the "Camming Pin" and then it binds up. I think its caused by what I reload. 80% are rifle cartridges. For every round I make, it has to go thru the press twice (and since I just finished up 9k of 30-06 _ 2k of .223, that is 20k strokes). Walked into the store, told them the slide was worn out, they ordered up a replacement. I bought some case lube, corn cob and 2k of small pistol primers and off I went. Great service.