Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

TEXAS MULTIGUN 2012

Is that the first email you received?

The email I am referring to has all of your personal information on it, shirt size, space for who you want to squad with, etc... and then the body of the email is a waiver form.

The email had the following at the top:

I think I received mine in October.

Dear @#$%,

Thank you for your application to the 2012 LaRue Tactical Texas Multigun Championship.

To complete the application process, competitors are required to print completed form, sign the waiver and mail it in with a check or money order. Applications will be accepted by order of receipt.

We are limiting the number of shooters for the main match to the first 315 shooters. There will be a limited number of slots available to shoot with match staff the weekend before, April 13-15, 2012.

Thank you for your support, we'll see you in April.

Sheldon Carruth

www.texasmultigun.com

It should have been mailed in with your check/money order.

I received a second email with the following in March. (copied below) This is not the email with the waiver info.

Greetings $%^&:

Your spot in the match is confirmed, so you better get ready for the 2012 LaRue Tactical Texas Multigun Championship! It’s going to be a great match because many people have been working hard for a year to make this a success for everyone involved, competitors and sponsors alike. The stages will be dynamic and will challenge all your shooting abilities. There will be many of LaRue Tactical’s innovative products on the prize table. LaRue Tactical will also be serving some of the finest barbecue in the world; all courtesy of our very generous match sponsor, Mark LaRue. Thanks for registering for the match, we’ll see you in April.

Sheldon Carruth

Match Director

LaRue Tactical Texas Multigun Championship

Edited by biga9999

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Waiver....is that something we would have sent in with our entry form and payment? I don't remember, and don't have a waiver laying around that I set aside to bring with me...hoping that was something I sent it already?

Pull up the email you got from "postmaster@texasmulti-gun.com"

This should be the email you received after you signed up on line.

The waiver is in the body of the email, just print and sign.

My confirmation email dated 2/14/12 did not include a waiver form.

You are misunderstanding--the email you received at the time of registration, which you printed and signed and sent with the match fees, included the waiver. If you recently received a confirmation, we should already have your waiver.

Well my dope is good to 400 and thats as far as I could test. Handgun is ready, shotgun is ready rifle is ready, but I am getting nervious again.

Managed to get all my three gun gear into two hard cases that weigh just under 50 pounds. Alaska Airlines lets Alaska residents fly with 2 bags for free. Now I will see if I can get my clothes and misc into a carry on bag lol. See you guys down there.

Pat

Well my dope is good to 400 and thats as far as I could test. Handgun is ready, shotgun is ready rifle is ready, but I am getting nervious again.

Managed to get all my three gun gear into two hard cases that weigh just under 50 pounds. Alaska Airlines lets Alaska residents fly with 2 bags for free. Now I will see if I can get my clothes and misc into a carry on bag lol. See you guys down there.

Pat

Pat, if you flat cannot fit something post it here and I'll bet someone will jump in and offer to loan it to you for the match.

Thanks you guys are great. I think I got it however. I did have to down size my carry gun from my Glock 26 to my Smith scandium J frame to make weight. Anyway thanks again. Looking foward to this match, already have butterflies in my stomach.

quick question anyone know approximately how much 40 degrees and 1000 feet will change my dope. I am expecting it to increase my velocity about 50 fps or so but not sure.

Pat

Edited by Alaskapopo

Thanks you guys are great. I think I got it however. I did have to down size my carry gun from my Glock 26 to my Smith scandium J frame to make weight. Anyway thanks again. Looking foward to this match, already have butterflies in my stomach.

quick question anyone know approximately how much 40 degrees and 1000 feet will change my dope. I am expecting it to increase my velocity about 50 fps or so but not sure.

Pat

If you have an Android device, try playing around with Strelok. You can adjust the altitude, temperature, pressure, etc. and get a decent feel for what changes to expect. I'm sure there are other ballistic calculators, this is just the one I'm most familiar with.

Justin

Pat

my Trag program from Houris shows 40 deg 1000el to have 10.4 moa hold over at 500 yards the change to 1700 el and 80 deg is 9.8moa hold over at 500 yards this is for my 69 gr bullet at 2800 fps.

The targets are 4 moa or better

i hope the Glock to j frame is a joke though

If it was me I would just buy new clothes when I got to Austin and take every pice of gear I needed

Edited by AlamoShooter

A lot of calculations change one you factor in a 50 mph full value crosswind. :roflol:

I wouldn't worry about it too much, there is only so much one can prepare for. :cheers:

I think all the wind got used up at the RO match. :blink:

A lot of calculations change one you factor in a 50 mph full value crosswind. :roflol:

I wouldn't worry about it too much, there is only so much one can prepare for. :cheers:

It was just FREE microdermabrasion!!!:devil:

My skin is glowing. :rolleyes:

Pat

my Trag program from Houris shows 40 deg 1000el to have 10.4 moa hold over at 500 yards the change to 1700 el and 80 deg is 9.8moa hold over at 500 yards this is for my 69 gr bullet at 2800 fps.

If it was me I would just buy new clothes when I got to Austin and take every pice of gear I needed

Glad I'm shooting a plain old Weaver scope with cross hairs, no distracting tit marks on the lines, My 69gr are a few fps slower but I've got a ballistics print that tells me the drop every 50 yards and the wind drift, all of which proved rather useless at the last match, all I need is a little puff of dust where the first shot hits then adjust poa. I broght some 77gr just in case the wind gets up over 50. I'm way more worried about loading my shotgun than hitting long range steel. :devil:

No need to buy clothes just wear what your shooting in.

My skin is glowing. :rolleyes:

TMI!

Pat

Glad I'm shooting a plain old Weaver scope with cross hairs, no distracting tit marks on the lines, My 69gr are a few fps slower but I've got a ballistics print that tells me the drop every 50 yards and the wind drift, all of which proved rather useless at the last match, all I need is a little puff of dust where the first shot hits then adjust poa. I broght some 77gr just in case the wind gets up over 50. I'm way more worried about loading my shotgun than hitting long range steel. :devil:

I love tit marks.

Did we ever get a final count on WWII division entries? I know a few of the pros had to back out due to 3GN points, but I'm sure there's at least a few Garand shooters left, right?

DanO

There are right around 30 WWII division competitors.

Did we ever get a final count on WWII division entries? I know a few of the pros had to back out due to 3GN points, but I'm sure there's at least a few Garand shooters left, right?

DanO

There are right around 30 WWII division competitors.

May I ask how many open?

Pat

Pat

If you have an Android device, try playing around with Strelok. You can adjust the altitude, temperature, pressure, etc. and get a decent feel for what changes to expect. I'm sure there are other ballistic calculators, this is just the one I'm most familiar with.

Justin

Agreed, it works very well, not to mention all the different reticules included in it.

Edited by AustinWolv

Pat

I love tit marks.

I love them, too...but I can see how they could be distracting when one is trying to shoot.