Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2011 U.S. IPSC Nationals/Tim Daugherty Toys for Tots Match

The 2011 U.S. IPSC Nationals will be held November 4-5, 2011, at Mid-Carolina Rifle Club in Columbia, SC. We are throwing in a new twist this year: the IPSC Nationals will also be the 11th Annual Tim Daugherty Memorial Toys for Tots Match.

You can chose to shoot for a medal in the IPSC Nats or compete only in the Toys for Tots Match. We will offer online registration as we have in the past. IPSC competitors will pay $75 and Toys for Tots competitors will pay $25 or bring a toy valued at $25. Toys for Tots competitors will have to comply with IPSC Rules.

More info will come later. I wanted get this out so you can put it on your calendar.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jack, Major Bummer! That's the weekend of the Memphis Charity Challenge in Memphis. Hate to miss both the IPSC Nationals and the Toys For Tots Match this year.

+1 Bummer, Paul and I will also be attending the Memphis Charity Challenge in Memphis.I may have to re-think this one :unsure:

Also wondering if IPSC rules will hurt Production attendance with the locals?

• 2 months later...

I was really looking forward to shooting the Toys for Tots match as it has always been such a great match. I really wish that it did not coincide with the Memphis Charity Challenge, so I could participate in both. Maybe next year. :(

• 2 weeks later...

Can you shoot this twice?

I suspect not ... It should be an IPSC Level III match. Once only!

Jack - IPSC rules require 3 month advance registration with IPSC and listing on the IPSC Calendar. We seem to be inside that window. Can you give us any updates?

I've also not heard any requests for match staff - particularly for IROA personnel. (There's only a small handful of US based IROA ROs.) Also, this is coming right on the heels of the World Shoot. Some of us may have to scramble to support this match!

• 3 weeks later...

I apologize for the delays in responding guys. I am awaiting word from Linda re: the applications. I am sure she will post as soon as she has it completed. The stages are done and I hope to be able to send them for approval shortly.

OK, Folks! The application is now online. We also have a feature to allow for online payment. Here is a link to the application and information related to the match:

http://www.matchsignup.org/match104/default.php

Keep in mind that if you are planning to shoot the Toys for Tots Match and not compete in the IPSC Nationals, DO NOT use online payment. Just bring your fee or toy to the match.

We will have 10 stages with a round count of 205 minimum. Thanks for your patience.

Edited by Jack Suber

OK, Folks! The application is now online. We also have a feature to allow for online payment. Here is a link to the application and information related to the match:

Keep in mind that if you are planning to shoot the Toys for Tots Match and not compete in the IPSC Nationals, DO NOT use online payment. Just bring your fee or toy to the match.

We will have 10 stages with a round count of 205 minimum. Thanks for your patience.

Jack ... No disrespect, you and Linda do a "better than average" job, but I have a couple of serious questions.

As an IPSC National Championship this SHOULD be a Level III match. That requires posting on both the USPSA Match Calendar AND the IPSC Calendar. I cannot find this event listed on either calendar.

Have the applications been made to certify this as an IPSC Level III event? I believe that needs to be done and the match posted on the IPSC Calendar at least 90 days prior to the match date. We are well within that window now.

Jack ... No disrespect, you and Linda do a "better than average" job, but I have a couple of serious questions.

As an IPSC National Championship this SHOULD be a Level III match. That requires posting on both the USPSA Match Calendar AND the IPSC Calendar. I cannot find this event listed on either calendar.

Have the applications been made to certify this as an IPSC Level III event? I believe that needs to be done and the match posted on the IPSC Calendar at least 90 days prior to the match date. We are well within that window now.

Mike,

We anticipated long ago that we (I - actually) would be walking a tight line with the preliminaries for this match - primarily because of my work. Knowing this, Linda asked for and received provisional approval for the match. The match is on the USPSA website and pending on the IPSC website. Stages are designed and awaiting approval. Thanks for looking out for us.

Single Stack shooters should sign up for Modified Division. Your guns will fit the box & meet the criteria for the division. We have not had many shooters in Modified at the last several IPSC Nationals (only one in 2009).

Linda Chico (L-2035)

2011 US IPSC Nationals Statistician

• 2 weeks later...