Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

what the!!!!

ogiebb

i shot an IDPA match yesterday and i had fun. the stages were very well set up "some" of the guys are great and helpful.. but there are some A$$wipes who were clowning me because i shoot IPSC and they were kinda giving me the eye for wearing ordinary khaki pants and some slip on oakley sneakers :angry: while they were wearing some combat boots and some "tactical super ninja pants" with hip holsters and flashlights.there was also a guy there who was "expert" or something in IDPA that was saying i was doing everything wrong but i was just doing everything he does (you know? when you copy how a guy shoots a stage) im still a beginner at IDPA so i dont really have a system to do things yet .if i was shooting it all wrong then he must have shot it wrong too because i was just copying him in everything..it sure felt good when me and my "IPSC" buddy shot better than them and left them out by a large margin... i never disrespect a shooting dicipline i think IDPA is respectable its just these "Super Tactical NINJA'S" are way out there and giving the dicipline a bad name.... :angry::angry:

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some jerks just take themselves WAY too seriously--thereby setting themselves up for a good long exposure to the 'Stop Whining' jacket. <_<

Some of my friends go out and take a dip in the IDPA pond now 'n then but wear their normal ever'day clothes. Best I can tell, it never got in the way of their bringing home a little trophy or two...... :lol:

oh yeah and i also think that carrying a 12 inch rambo knife with 3 flashlights in their belt isnt normal..... :lol:

Well, of course! A 12 inch knife is too small for the belt (it's okay for the pocket) and you only need two lights on your belt. The other two should go in your pockets.

oh yeah and i also think that carrying a 12 inch rambo knife with 3 flashlights in their belt isnt normal..... :lol:

Well, of course! A 12 inch knife is too small for the belt (it's okay for the pocket) and you only need two lights on your belt. The other two should go in your pockets.

well if a 12 inch blade plus the handle fits in your pocket ..bravo then..he he im just happy carrying my zippo, im not that afraid of the dark to carry all those flashlights ..i just leave the inova in the car :D:D

they also said that we spend way too much money for IPSC ..yeah right how much does those tactical gear cost? night sights infra red..a guy even had a kevlar vest while shooting...hmmm and i thought it was a back to basic practical low cost shooting thing ..IDPA is a great sport and these idiots make it look bad.. instead of noticing what people wear and what dicipline they shoot.. they should just concentrate on shooting better than looking like a "SUPER TACTICAL NINJA IDIOT". ok rant off.....

Next time show up with your concealment garment: Loud Hawaiiain shirt. They hate that. :lol:

The last IDPA match I shot I wore a yellow shirt with flowers on it for concealment. I was the Don Ho of the match. If anyone gave me too much crap I was going to start singing "Blue Hawaii" ... okay that's Elvis, but he's the King!

I think for next time something with dragons and flames on it. The flames help you go faster.

Note: Be sure to starch the front of your Hawaiian shirt (if you didn't install a stiffer lining already). The spray starch stuff works great. It keeps it from bunching up as much when you are trying to draw or reload.

Get one like mine. Blue Jean jacket with the words, STOP WHINING, embroderied on the back, they really love that...

Now thats funny!!! I might start shooting IDPA again here in a while and I need one of those.

Actually, IDPA headquarters doesn't want the tactical Ninja image either. If a shooter was to show up at a major match looking like they squirted out of the bowels of a Rambo movie, they would be asked to change.

You sure 'bout that?? I've been at several major matches where tactical doofuses and Bill Wilson himself were in attendance.

they also said that we spend way too much money for IPSC ..

I hear that often, and much of the time it's a disingenuous (to be polite) comment, almost to the absurdity. There are quite a few CDP and ESP pistols in the holsters of IDPA shooters that cost close to if not more than a decent factory race gun.

You sure 'bout that?? I've been at several major matches where tactical doofuses and Bill Wilson himself were in attendance.

I don't buy it either. The ubiquitous presence of 5.11 vests and pants alone refute that statement, at least in practice.

Normally, you couldn't get me to wear suit if you paid me... but Rob and I used to _really_ enjoy wearing suits to the SOF banquet.

be

I'm inspired. I am going to find an IDPA match and wear a suit. Will the SO hold my coat while I load and make ready? It would assist me to safely load and reholster....... :P

Guest bulm5

when me and buddies shoot IDPA, we let our shootign do the talking. We pretend we are newbies and stay in one corner and just observe. I also bring a back pack instead of a shooting bag :lol:

Hmmmm. If I go to an IDPA match I have an orange jean jacket, a yellow hat, red Oakley shoes, and silvery pants I can wear... normally wouldn't be caught dead in that combo, but it might be worth it to see if I can get any panties knotted.

Ohhhhhhh - man, what great timing. Rhino's dragging me to an IDPA match on Saturday. Now Rhino has the right idea. He wears his kahki (sp?) hat with the red, white and blue USPSA patch sewn on front to the IDPA matches!!! If anyone gives him s**t, I just reply "hey, we (USPSA) were here first."

Really though, what I'd like (but likely would not do, but it is fun to dream though) to do is put my full Safariland race rig, SV Ltd gun and my cleats on and walk up to registration at an IDPA match. About the time I get the "you know, that stuff isn't legal in IDPA", I'd retort "Oh, I know. This is my carry gear, my IDPA gear is in the trunk."

In all seriousness though, I'm sorry to hear about that. Both USPSA and IDPA are both really, really good games. People too often forget that and elevate one, the other or both to something that wasn't intended. Just keep going back, and kicking a$$.

You gotta be kidding. Some guy wore a flak vest to an IDPA match?!? :ph34r:

That's even worse than the time I shot a stage where you had to fire 4 rounds into the weeds at the base of the berm in order to "flush out Charlie".

All kidding aside, I frequently wear cut-off cammie trousers to local USPSA matches, 'cause I have several (you wear out several pairs of cammies in 5 years of active duty), and they're good for knockin around outdoors. Anyway, one guy at a match told me I shouldn't wear them to any big matches, because I might be asked to leave for perpetuating some "militia" stereotype.

Crazy.

Oh, and I do have a longsleeved T-shirt with flames on the sleeves...and I do think it makes me shoot faster.

:wacko:

DD

There's been a long-standing 'no camo" policy at official USPSA matches (maybe even in the rules if I could be bothered to look). Guess who the TV crews want to interview when they come by a match, the "this is a fun sport" crowd, or the one guy in cammo and the "Kill 'em all" T-shirt?

I wouldn't give you flack about shorts though..

For some reason, 3-gun and carbine matches seem to bring out 2-3x as many 'tactabillies' than USPSA or IDPA matches.