Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Phoenix bound..

maineshootah

House is finally "Under Contract".. will be out to Phoenix in early June! B)

Super excited about the move and the future.

Super un-excited about moving all my *&*&.

However, I think I can sell off the snowblower, shovels, ice fishing traps, Ice auger.. I have a feeling I will NOT be needing them.

Hello: It is snowing in Albuquerque right now :surprise: Moving is fun but going through boxes of stuff sucks. I still have boxes full of parts, tools and crap I need to go through after almost 2 years. Congrats on your upcoming move and buy some sunscreen now. Thanks, Eric

I envy you man. Is this a retirement move? Job move? or a screw it, it's cold here move?

I would move out there tomorrow if my wife would join me. Oh well.

Edited by Kevin Sanders

Jay, contact me when you get here. I will have to show you all the clubs and how it is possible to shoot 5 "good" matches a week. Better start planing your ammo budget now !!

Peter

Well congradulations!

Having spent a few cold months in Minneapolis and part of a summer in New Hampshire and living most of my life in the Southwest, this is where I would rather live!

Be forewarned: you need to get used to seeing Brown. It is not going to be green like New England. Some folks cannot handle the brown or the heat.

Phoenix is my favorite place to live. I have lived/worked there five times. If I could I would be moving there now.

Talk with a bunch of folks before you decide on where you want to live. There are some serious issues with a city this size; like education, crime, property values and who supplies the electricity.

I lived in the East Valley, about 20 minutes away from Rio Salado. If you plan on spending time there or Ben Avery, you might want to move closer to those ranges.

Good luck with your move, I do not think you will regret living in the desert southwest.

Edited by pjb45

Thank you all for the "positive" (even if a little green) thoughts.

Move is for the wife's job. With what I do, I can do it anywhere.

It was NOT a difficult decision due to what "we here on Enos do" when we are not working.

The plan is renting for the first year and then deciding on a house. The Mesa, Tempe area is where I want to end up when we buy.. right now we will be where we can find a place that will take two Great Danes (100 and 175 lbs). Not every landlord is a dog lover, and I totally understand it.

Peter, I was going to PM you soon about that very topic. Super excited to go from 1 a month to 5 a week (20 a month.. wow) and shooting with you.

It will be a massive change, I don't think you can get much more of a spread on the weather extremes then what we will be facing from where we are coming from, but hey something about shooting in Jan & Feb without packboots, hats and three layers of clothing is very appealing.

I look forward to meeting in person even more of the folks from the BEnosphere once I get out there and shooting more of the west coast matches.

FYI.. some 550's will be showing up soon for sale.. I'm not bringing them with me. :devil:

Edited by maineshootah

It's funny that my wife and I just had a conversation about phoenix this weekend. We were talking about what we would do if we won the lottery and didn't tell the other. She said I would pack up my guns, motorcycle and dog, move to phoenix and leave her behind. I had to disagree with her. She said 'You wouldn't?" I said ' Oh Hell no!! You can have keep the dog". :devil:

It got quiet in the car...

Edited by Paul Santiago

House is finally "Under Contract".. will be out to Phoenix in early June! B)

Super excited about the move and the future.

Super un-excited about moving all my *&*&.

However, I think I can sell off the snowblower, shovels, ice fishing traps, Ice auger.. I have a feeling I will NOT be needing them.

What's your new Display Name going to be?

usedtobemaineshootah?

;)

Hello: Remember it is a dry heat :roflol: It also cools down at night.

It doesn't cool down at night in Phoenix during the summer like it does in Albuquerque! Phoenix is only about 1000 ft. elevation and if it hits 105 during the day it drops down to 100 at night. :surprise:

Edited by 392heminut

Hello: Remember it is a dry heat :roflol: It also cools down at night.

It doesn't cool down at night in Phoenix during the summer like it does in Albuquerque! Phoenix is only about 1000 ft. elevation and if it hits 105 during the day it drops down to 100 at night. :surprise:

Yes.. the summers are hot.. however, the winter will seem like a Maine summer. :devil:

Hello: I was kidding about cooling down at night. We drove through there one time going to a race in California and stopped for diesel at 11 PM. It was 100 degrees but only 70 in the truck. It was like sticking your head in an oven outside :surprise: We got diesel and got outa there. Thanks, Eric

Hello: I was kidding about cooling down at night. We drove through there one time going to a race in California and stopped for diesel at 11 PM. It was 100 degrees but only 70 in the truck. It was like sticking your head in an oven outside :surprise: We got diesel and got outa there. Thanks, Eric

I was there last Aug when it was 112. We had the AC cranking in the car and I said.. how bad can it be with the window down... WOW.. like a blast furnace. I learned quick.

:blush:

I think that the Phoenix are is a good place to get better at shooting. We can shoot more often than most and learn from many others. We don't have all the best shooters in the nation here, but we seem to have quite a large share of them. They are always out at that matches and will always have some good advice if you ask for it.

I think that the Phoenix are is a good place to get better at shooting. We can shoot more often than most and learn from many others. We don't have all the best shooters in the nation here, but we seem to have quite a large share of them. They are always out at that matches and will always have some good advice if you ask for it.

I witnessed that same experience when I was there for the SMM3G last year as well as a monthly match that I "happened" to be in town for. Once I got past answering all of the "from WHERE?" questions, I had a great time. It is always a good time when the shooters in front of you is a GM, followed by another GM, followed by a M... if you are willing to learn, there is a ton of free education floating around out there.

:cheers:

24 days and counting..

I witnessed that same experience when I was there for the SMM3G last year as well as a monthly match that I "happened" to be in town for. Once I got past answering all of the "from WHERE?" questions, I had a great time. It is always a good time when the shooters in front of you is a GM, followed by another GM, followed by a M... if you are willing to learn, there is a ton of free education floating around out there.

:cheers:

24 days and counting..

So, you aren't going to ease into it, just show up in June :surprise:

Really the last couple "Junes" havn't been too bad temp wise, but then the swamp factor goes off the chart!

So, you aren't going to ease into it, just show up in June :surprise:

Really the last couple "Junes" havn't been too bad temp wise, but then the swamp factor goes off the chart!

I am glad to hear that. It will be quite an adjustment, but - THAT is a good thing.

All home inspections have passed.. Green lights.

I just need to unload 15 years of "stuff I thought I needed" from my life so I can get out there.