Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Credit Card Fraud

jan13

Hi,

I really hate credit card fraud!!! :angry: My wife is currently on a trip in Canada and this morning I noticed a bunch of very odd credit card transactions on her card, as I was doing internet banking. Called her and she was just as bewildered with the transactions. So now we have to go through the hassle of canceling the card (already done by the bank as they noticed the odd transactions before us!) and everything else that goes with it. Furthermore the replacement card will have to be sent to her from NZ (luckily the bank will courier it, so that is something nice) This is the second time it has happened to us and it is so annoying!!

Just had to vent somewhere

Thanks!

I know what you mean.. someone got a hold of my credit card numbers and spent nearly 500 on flowers.. just flowers..

That's funny..im sorry..lol

I had someone buy a $800 vacation while they were in greece. Must have got it from the internet use since I have never been to greece.

In the last 5 years, $1200 out of state in a Lowes on one card, recently $300 on another card from a company in Scotland. We use our cards at Christmas on line and inevitably get hit and much of it is on a card I use only for shooting related sites so go figure.

It is a PITA changing the cards but I have not lost any money yet.

Hi,

I really hate credit card fraud!!! :angry: My wife is currently on a trip in Canada and this morning I noticed a bunch of very odd credit card transactions on her card, as I was doing internet banking. Called her and she was just as bewildered with the transactions. So now we have to go through the hassle of canceling the card (already done by the bank as they noticed the odd transactions before us!) and everything else that goes with it. Furthermore the replacement card will have to be sent to her from NZ (luckily the bank will courier it, so that is something nice) This is the second time it has happened to us and it is so annoying!!

Just had to vent somewhere

Thanks!

Montreal?

I know what you mean.. someone got a hold of my credit card numbers and spent nearly 500 on flowers.. just flowers..

From a Florist in Michigan, I bet....Had that happen last week. Three 153.00 charges to my card, and one 207.00 charge...

I'm turning into a cash man when possible. Someone in London England got my data and ran up $150. My bank was on the ball and stopped it in it's tracks. I'm pretty sure the card info came from a local big name hunting/fishing store. FYI - hit the clear button on the button pad if available before and after a debit/credit card transaction. Especially at the gas pump.

Pat - No, she used it in LAX and the next place was Fredericton New Brunswick. The only other stop on the way was in Toronto, but that was just a quick layover. As far as we can tell, it looks like it was done while she was at LAX.

Blind Bat - Luckily we are not big gamers, and don't have a Playstation account.

At least the new card has been issued and it is on the way. I also got a call this morning to go and pick up my replacement card.

After my business credit card was compromised a few times, I got a second card. One card is used only for recurring monthly bills, and the other card is used only for POS purchases. Since then the card I use for recurring montly bills has not been hacked (knocking on wooden desk).

be

You guys think it's a hassle with your credit cards? Try having someone get ahold of your debit card info and spending $1,100 of your actual money from your bank account. :angry:

YEP, you're right on, there!!

Several years ago, ***-Mart employees were busted using the security cameras right above the POS systems to get pins. Needless to say, I was one of the victims. They bought $1200 worth of art from a store in El Toro, CA on debit. When it's debit, the bank has to research the charges BEFORE giving your money back. It took a week and I was a poor college student at the time. I told them I didn't like their way of dealing with it and I planned on keeping all my money in my savings account (with the same bank) and just transferring small amounts to checking every week. They charged me fees after 5 transfers between accounts per month. They got an earfull after that and indefinately waived all transfer fees for me.

My last several months of work were on the precinct desk and it was a very rare day where we didn't have at least 2-3 credit card or identity fraud/theft cases walk in the door.

One company lost over $250,000.

The guy came in to complain and I said "Uhh wait right here...Ah Lieutenant? We have a guy who wants to report a corporate I.D. theft? How much? About a quarter of a million give or take."

We had detectives and bosses all over that one.

I have my credit card info stolen while on vacation at Disney World along with the couple traveling with us.

Good idea is to ask your credit card company to give you an e-mail notification anytime the card is used. Thats how we found out right away about the theft and were able to call our card company and cancell it right away.

JK

Everybody send me all your credit card info and I'll keep it safe for you. Really. Honest. No strings. No foolin. Trust me. I'll send flowers to the whole forum. :devil:

Everybody send me all your credit card info and I'll keep it safe for you. Really. Honest. No strings. No foolin. Trust me. I'll send flowers to the whole forum. :devil:

We got hit too, we think it was the way too nice bartender in Montreal. So hten we geta call from a sherrif in Tennessee where a concerned citizen reported receiving packages with our name on them. His story was someone in Africa who he met online would order this stuff, then have it shipped to him, in turn he would ship it to a address in africa.....the the african dude would ship him free laptops!!!!

The orders were, several pairs of sandals, sony cell phones, ll bean, eddy buaer and so on over 3k....... :angry2:

Exactly why I will never use paypal again. A doctor took my Exon card way back before computers were popular,but he left his, first thing he did was buy a new set of tires for his Mercedes. Me being the honest sort showed up at his front door with his card and we had a heart to heart talk, after he got done shitting his pants, and I turned lose of his neck he gave me the money he spent on my card.