Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Daylight savings time

Jeeper

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was the reverse. Was born and raised in CA and was conditioned to change. When I moved here to AZ it took me some time to not want to change the clocks.

One thing about not changing times you have to remember how the times changed for when you are calling relatives that live in states that did change.

Neal in AZ

The whole practice is an outdated absurdity. And I really feel for the folks in, I believe, Illinois....... It's particularly aggravating when you "lose" the flippin' hour in the spring--always on just the weekend when you desperately needed the time for some reason or other. GAH!!!!!! Hate it!!!! :angry::angry::angry:

How about one less hour of sleep between shifts, and when we "fall back" a 13 hour shift instead of a 12? :angry:

I agree with SiG Lady--it's a myth. When we went to AZ last year, I was pleasantly surprised to see that they didn't do that BS.

I say, if you want an extra hour of daylight, get up an hour earlier. It's cooler, anyway, at least here in South Louisiana. ;)

Troy

Another hour of daylight after work to play...... :D

This is my hate post and you MAY NOT post a contradictory opinion. There are armed agents waiting to beat you mercilessly. :P:P

Your point is the only possible justification I can see for it.

If they want to have more time at the end of the day just get up earlier.

Um - I may be blonde, but this makes no sense! How does getting up an hour earlier get me more time at the end of the day?

Some of us are desk jockeys - I SIT AT MY DESK UNTIL 5:00pm. The fact that it now gets dark at 7:00 instead of 6:00 truly does give me an hour of more sunlight at the end of MY DAY!

Well Kath,

I also sit at a desk until 5 BUT I START AT 7! And yes, while the “extra” hour of daylight NOW is nice here in a couple of months it won’t be dark until 10 and I won’t be getting even close to enough sleep! :wacko::blink:

I think this whole “time changing” this is COMPLETELY screwed up! Instead of “giving” you another hour in the summertime (when you don’t need it) they should give us another hour of daylight in the winter so we don’t have to drive home in the dark!!!!!

I HATE summer!! It stays light too late and it’s so hot that I don’t DO anything except leave my air conditioned house in my air conditioned car and go to my air conditioned office. Jeez, there might as well be six feet of snow on the ground.

I’m STILL looking for that perfect place to live; it NEVER gets above 75, it’s full dark at 8:30 and it only rains at night. :):)

Here endeth the rant…

Ed

• 2 years later...

The Energy Policy Act of 2005 specifies the following DST changes:

Previous start: first Sunday of April (1 Apr. 2007)

New start: second Sunday of March (11 Mar. 2007)

Previous end: last Sunday of October (28 Oct. 2007)

New end: first Sunday of November (4 Nov. 2007)

Okay so far this is not funny. Since none of this silly legislation can affect how many hours of daylight there actually are, I suggest we just pass a law which declares the sun is always shining and then we won't have to change all the friggin clocks twice a year. :D <--- see? I've got a big grin 'cause this is supposed to be funny.....

Well if I was still in school in NC I'd get one more week of after school squirell hunting, Season allways opened around 12 Oct, and after the clocks fall back didnt have much time from getting home till dark. Ijust dont see the point of moving the clocks around.

AikiDale, I completely agree. There's a 6 classifier match next Sunday and I KNOW there will be tons o' people pissed that they missed the first squad. "Springing" forward puts no spring in my step...just robs me of an hour of sleep.

I think this aversion to DST is really a ploy to cover the fact that these country bumpkins - Duh! - just can't figure out how to reset a digital clock by an hour. Add the fact in that it must be done twice and AM and PM considered if the alarm is to be of use........

There you have it. :ph34r::P:rolleyes:

If we really need the sun to set at 10:00 PM in July, and DST now runs from March to November, why not just add the other three months and declare DST year 'round. B)

Right!

I don't care which time we run; lets just run with one!

I don't need daylight at 10:00PM in July or need total darkness at 4:30 PM in December.

(I almost think it needs to be the reverse of what it is.)

My brain and body don't like time changes. :lol:

FM

I think this aversion to DST is really a ploy to cover the fact that these country bumpkins - Duh! - just can't figure out how to reset a digital clock by an hour. Add the fact in that it must be done twice and AM and PM considered if the alarm is to be of use........

There you have it. :ph34r::P:rolleyes:

Nope not bumpkins. Old people. That is why Arizona doesn't do DST, old people can't set their watches. Or rather America's geriatricaly challenged.