Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2011 Hornady Area 3 Championship

Hornady is again the match sponsor for the Area 3 Championship.

Many thanks to them and the growing list of sponsors helping us put on this match.

Heartland practical Shooters is again the host club at the Heartland Public Shooting Park.

Application, match hotel link along with other information as available is on The Area 3 website

One and two day shooting formats available, online squadding will be used.

Plan for 14 stages and well over 300 rounds.

Hope you can join us

Sherwyn

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The A3 staff put on a GREAT match. Check out the topic from last years A3 (search it). If you have never attended a Greenfield match, you really need to experience it. 14 stages/300 rounds minimum in an area match means a whole lotta fun!

All of the information is on line including the match hotel with discount rates (not the same hotel as last year). On line squadding is available with shooting formats of either :

All day Friday

All day Saturday

or

half day Saturday and Sunday.

Awards and Prizes will be right after Sundays conclusion.

This is a good range to shoot at with grass bays all in a row. You can drive you car right down to the bays.

Please the Area 3 website at www.uspsa3.org

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

The A3 staff put on a GREAT match. Check out the topic from last years A3 (search it). If you have never attended a Greenfield match, you really need to experience it. 14 stages/300 rounds minimum in an area match means a whole lotta fun!

BUMP

Is Hornady going to offer bullets by the case again? If so any idea on price.

Has not been decided yet.

If it happens will be announced here and on Area 3 website.

thanks,

Sherwyn

If so, a few XTP offerings would be cool! Would be nice to get a case or two of 115gr XTP's for a decent price.

• 2 weeks later...

Let's see it's 38 days 15 hours 14 minutes to the Area 3, as per the Area 3 Website.

And I still don't see any stage descriptions. Am I just missing something?

Might be nice to know at least the round count, special starts or other things to consider before getting to the match.

Or is this going to be a surprise match? Haven't been to one of those since the '80's.

Let's see it's 38 days 15 hours 14 minutes to the Area 3, as per the Area 3 Website.

Might be nice to know at least the round count, special starts or other things to consider before getting to the match.

Or is this going to be a surprise match? Haven't been to one of those since the '80's.

I'm holding up the stage release - stages are approved, but working out some issues with props.

Plan on 375+ rounds, some unloaded starts, otherwise pretty standard stuff.

Sherwyn

I'm holding up the stage release - stages are approved, but working out some issues with props.

Plan on 375+ rounds, some unloaded starts, otherwise pretty standard stuff.

Sherwyn

so does that mean Sherwyn standard or actual standard? lol Cuz Sherwyn standard is what others try to be like..lol

A Sherwynn Standard sends shivers down the average, knowing competitors spine!

Witness the simple Handcuffed Zip Line One Handed Field Course Speed Shoot at last years A3!

Great fun, until my 1911 picked the middle of the stage to choke.

Lets see 375 rounds, 14 stages = 26.79 rounds per stage, guess not many Short Courses.

And e gads, concerns with PROPS. I'm more worried now than before.

A Sherwynn Standard sends shivers down the average, knowing competitors spine!

Witness the simple Handcuffed Zip Line One Handed Field Course Speed Shoot at last years A3!

Great fun, until my 1911 picked the middle of the stage to choke.

Lets see 375 rounds, 14 stages = 26.79 rounds per stage, guess not many Short Courses.

And e gads, concerns with PROPS. I'm more worried now than before.

There will be one eight round stage, at least the minimum will be 8 rounds -- all steel even the no - shoots.

We have extra stages approved, so will get them all up soon.

Will post when they are on the website

Sherwyn