Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

9 year old daughter's first steel match

JakeMartens

Stellar! You must be extremely proud. What is she shooting? Buckmark with wood grips?

Smith and Wesson model 41.

She did awesome. First stage she had some trouble but settled right in, had some ammo problems but she worked right thru them.

She called grandpa and told him that this might get expensive for him and that she wants an open gun like his.

I just took my 8 year old son out this week to practice steel formthe first time. Before we were done he was asking me to time him. He did really well. I think I will enter him in a match later this year.

Hello: She is doing great! Shooting steel for kids is alot of fun. I like it also :cheers: All she needs now is a C-More on that model 41 and a Ruger 10/22. I have 2 boys(8 and 12) that shoot steel. We are doing the Ruger Rimfire matches here right now and starting next month steel challenge type stuff. The Ruger matches are at closer ranges and easier for kids and new shooters. Keep your daughter interested and buy her lunch after the match. It works for my boys :roflol: Thanks, Eric

Stellar! You must be extremely proud. What is she shooting? Buckmark with wood grips?

Smith and Wesson model 41.

She did awesome. First stage she had some trouble but settled right in, had some ammo problems but she worked right thru them.

She called grandpa and told him that this might get expensive for him and that she wants an open gun like his.

Very impressive. Good for her. I wish I had a 41 when I was 9, had to wait to my 20's. One of the best guns I own.

Hello: I had to wait till I was 46 until I bought a model 41 :surprise: I won't let my sons shoot it since they may want to use it all the time :roflol: They shoot a Browning Buckmark and a Ruger 22/45 with C-Mores. Thanks, Eric

The 41 is actually my uncle's, however he is no longer able to shoot. He has a couple of Hi Standards that I might have her try too. I have the longer barrel for it and it has a weaver mount on it with an old school Aim Point red dot on there.

But that is too heavy for her.

I am going to check out the smith 22a also.

Now she wants a TechWear shirt like mine.

Hello: I had to wait till I was 46 until I bought a model 41 :surprise: I won't let my sons shoot it since they may want to use it all the time :roflol: They shoot a Browning Buckmark and a Ruger 22/45 with C-Mores. Thanks, Eric

As long as they don't know what they are missing you might just get to keep it :P

• 4 weeks later...

Julie golob just posted this on her facebook page. Very cool

Great!!

Had her out on Wed night, and come to find out Isabel likes the S&W 41 better than the S&W 22a, go figure!!

I asked her why, she said " I don't know it just feels better to me and I like, can you get me one of those instead of the other one"

Yes, but don't tell your mother and go get your piggy bank, we going need to find every nickle we can!!

Great!!

Had her out on Wed night, and come to find out Isabel likes the S&W 41 better than the S&W 22a, go figure!!

I asked her why, she said " I don't know it just feels better to me and I like, can you get me one of those instead of the other one"

Yes, but don't tell your mother and go get your piggy bank, we going need to find every nickle we can!!

Guess that lucky girl will learn early in life that guns actually cost 3 times what shows up in the family books.

Great!!

Guess that lucky girl will learn early in life that guns actually cost 3 times what shows up in the family books.

Yes and also

how to clean it

how to load primer tubes

how to pick up brass

how to case gauge

and I think I need to get her a cart to pull my range bag around in :D