Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2011 nationals results?

aaronjbush12

Dave Sevigny won limited.

"Back from the Steel Challenge Nationals awards where I won another Limited division championship. Open Rimfire and Steel Master scores were tight but I'll have to settle for 2nd place. Congrats to BJ N. for those two championships. In Open centerfire I was 5th. Congrats to Max M for the Open win."--Dave Sevigny

post-12123-062176800 1301441420_thumb.jp

Edited by hankfan79

So what am I missing. I though Max shot a 75?

Maybe because of "Final match results with flight times added" so possibly they used the last shot on the clock for the total time for Max's 75 rather than the impact on the stop plate like they do in Piru which addes a couple thou. to each string and these times include that bullet flight time estimated.

Am I the only one that thinks adding flight times seems unnecessary?

Nope, dumbest thing I've heard of. You can't set a World Record at the Nationals and the flight time used is a constant value which isn't correct for probably 99% of the shooters so I have no idea what purpose it's supposed to serve. I would like to know why they use it though.

I would like to know why this national match doesn't use the electrical stop plate connection with the timers.

They do use them but for some reason they seem to always have problems with them. That's why they use the flight times. The stop plates will work for part of the match and then quit. The only fair way to do it from then on is the flight times.