Multitool

Karambit

Rag

Microfiber

Q-Tips

Pipe Cleaners

Chamber Cleaning Kit

Match Ammo

Belt (w/ Holster, Pouch x5, Caddies x6, Keeper)

Kneepads

Camelbak

Earplugs

Molded Plugs

Safety Glasses

Oakleys

Athletic Tape

Spare Pris Battery

Notetaking Gear

Shot Pattern/Slug/Rifle/Pistol Data Card

Hand Sanitizer

Zip Ties

Edited by DyNo!

Bourbon, guns, ammo. In that order.

Tyler- I'd think you've shot enough matches to know what to pack???? :cheers:

Just curious to what other people may pack to make life easier! No matter how many times I shoot I always feel like I'm forgetting something!

restraints

tarp

rubber gloves

shovel

bleach

oh wait you probably meant stuff I'll use AT the match...

In all seriousness though I don't have a list so much as I have a compartmentalized way of storing all my gear, so its always in the same place every time.

I use a Spec Ops Brand 3 Day pack as my range bag.

Inside there are 3 sub-organizers

1 bag for rifle and pistol ammo and mags

1 bag for shotgun ammo (and mags if applicable)

1 bag for spare parts, cleaning equipment and tools

The front of the SOB pack has a pouch that I keep a spare set of gloves, poncho, and hat.

I have two hardcases on the SOB pack for a still camera and a video camera

First Aid/Trauma kit on the outside and clearly marked.

My actual shooting gear goes in a pelican case: pistol belt, chest rig, gloves, hearing protection.

By putting everything in the same place every time I very very rarely forget anything. Ironman is the one match where I do a detailed packing list and check everything off as I pack it; forgetting something there can mean Trooper failure.

Edited by SinistralRifleman

At the minimum, guns, mags, ammo, eyes, ears, belts. Few years ago, a buddy and I left Dayton Ohio area for Owensboro Ky. for the state 3 gun match. Got about 20 min. from Louisville, and I realized I forgot my belt with lefthanded custom made open pistol holster hanging on it. Turned around and went back for it. When we left my house for the second time, he said, "Look at it this way, we're half way there, and haven't even left yet." I'm religious about my packing list, and found I forgot it because I never put it on the list.

If it is a major match, I bring my toolbox with all of my tools that I could need to fix my ar, shotgun or pistol. I also have my cleaning kit in there. So far (knock on wood), I have not needed anything from it, but I have let other people use it at matches.....

Also do not forget to list water and beef jerky!! :cheers:

Sorry if this is the wrong forum, if so feel free to move.

I was just curious to see what kind of packing list other shooters have to make sure they have all the gear needed for the match!

List?? That indicates some sort of orginization! Guns, Ammo, Mags, Shell Caddies, extra bolt carrier/bolt, rain gear, boots. Normal stuff in the range bag includes small plastic hammer, pliers, screw driver with tips, nail clippers ( I always manage to tear one or two) Advil!

I'll have to get together with Bryan at Blue Ridge for the bourbon :roflol:

I don't have a list, but I keep all of the stuff together, and during load out, make sure it is all loaded out. I am afraid that one day I'm going to miss something. With all of the junk that we need, sooner or later you are bound to miss something. Hopefully it won't be something that is a big item.

Is a rangefinder really necessary?

If you're shooting Blue Ridge this year you will find out! :roflol:

It's actually not necessary if someone else on your squad has one, but I've been the only guy with a working RF on my squad at a few matches.

Edited by Bryan 45

Not if you have a trustworthy friend or squadmate with one. I don't have one that works worth a durn, but it is still on my list so I'll know what I don't have.

A lot of the stuff on my list is not necessary or even desirable except for certain events.

It's actually not necessary if someone else on your squad has one, but I've been the only guy with a working RF on my squad at a few matches.

I knew that I would get a chuckle or two out of that question. :lol: I know that I should never assume anything especially after having three kids but, I had to ask.

Yes this will be my first time at the BRM3G and I'm entered in the Tac-Iron division. While the match director AH advised me to know my rifle holds out to 500, I'll be attempting this with an Aimpoint M3 and or my iron sights, so I kinda figure it will be a game of hope in the case of my old ass.

I knew that I would get a chuckle or two out of that question. :lol: I know that I should never assume anything especially after having three kids but, I had to ask.

Yes this will be my first time at the BRM3G and I'm entered in the Tac-Iron division. While the match director AH advised me to know my rifle holds out to 500, I'll be attempting this with an Aimpoint M3 and or my iron sights, so I kinda figure it will be a game of hope in the case of my old ass.

I'm gonna be shooting unmagnified too at BRMG & LaRue with targets out to 500.

If I hit them, I will high-five the RO during the course of fire and continue the rest of the stage.

It'll probably be more like this though:

RO: "... and two targets at 500 yards! Any questions?"

Me: "Yes, is the 500yd shot that dot out there?"

RO: "No, that's a rock - aim above it and you should be good!"

:roflol:

Edited by DyNo!

RO: "... and two targets at 500 yards! Any questions?"

Me: "Yes, is the 500yd shot that dot out there?"

RO: "No, that's a rock - aim above it and you should be good!"

LOL... I kinda figure that I'll be doing the same thing. :lol:

I dont use a list. I would forget where I put it :P I have 3 bags that keep everything I need for the match. One has all my "extra stuff" in it, timer,spare parts, extra glasses hearing pro etc. One has all ammo, pads, range finder, rifle mags, belt etc. One has 3 guns.

To make sure I havent forgotten something before I leave the house I do this. I mentally start at the top of my head and work my way to my feet saying things like Head: Do you have a hat? Do you have your hearing pro? Do you have your shooting glasses? Shoulders:Rifle Do you have a rifle? Rifle mags? Rifle ammo? Shotgun Do you have a shotgun? DO you have shotgun ammo? DO you have shotgun ammo caddies? etc. etc. all the way down to my feet.

I sounds corny as all get out but it works for me. Cant tell you how many times I catch something I forgot to pack.

This may not work for a major match like Ironman but works normal matches.