Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Glock 35

JayJayJay

What do you guys think about me getting a new finish on the slide? Chrome, Polishing, etc.?

My only question is:

Why bother?

If it's for the bling factor, it's only going to cost money, and I highly doubt that it'd improve function.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What do you guys think about me getting a new finish on the slide? Chrome, Polishing, etc.?

My only question is:

Why bother?

If it's for the bling factor, it's only going to cost money, and I highly doubt that it'd improve function.

I would tend to agree. In USPSA circles, a nice deep holster wear will give you more respect than the nicest blaster out there. I shoot with a guy who has his M card that says "a nice shiny pistol with a flashy designs shows me someone who doesn't shoot much." I prefer a nice satin finish and have debating going crazy with some Alumahyde, but all 6 categories of mine still have a "U" beside them...

It's really your personal preference. If you want a new finish there are a lot of resources out there. It's not "needed" on a Glock with the Tennifer process they use on the steel. You can't go wrong with a nice nitride coating. I personally find stainless/chrome is easier to clean, but it gets dirtier/fouled up easier. This is really your call as to what appearance you want on your gun. In reality, you're the only one who has to like it!

Don't

+1 Why worry about cosmetics...get a good fiber optic front sight put on it and go shooting.

The gun is a tool work of the basics. Move fast shoot slow. Take it from someone who thought they were a OK shooter shoot outdoor matches. indoor is great for learning the game but you must shoot outdoors to get the moving part. Alabama opened my eyes and let me know that i must move faster.....way faster.

Cheers :cheers:

No.

Editted to add: A search for 'glock production trigger' leads to several production-legal trigger kits. Additionally, modifiying the internals of yours is also legal. Basic jist is that you have to have an externally identical stock trigger shoe.

Edited by CiDirkona

If you use Federal primers, go with the light spring for 100% ignition.

If you don't use federal, go with the standard to ensure the same.

I have had light strikes from Winchester and CCI with a light spring.

Up to you but its a chance you gotta take unless you got the stiker mention above this post.

Then you definately go with the lighter one.

I have a lightened striker and run the light spring and have 100% reliability with Winchester and Atlanta Arms 9mm.

Same here. Seems to work perfectly with anything I feed it.

There is a lot of variation with this and you're going to have to try it and see. I've been using a light spring with factory striker for many thousands of rounds with no light strikes. Many others report different results.

For the slightly longer answer, the Fulcrum uses a different trigger. An aluminum part that protrudes into the trigger guard. Since that part is visible when the gun is in battery it's not legal. You can modify the internals, keeping all safeties intact, just nothing external other than specifically listed items.

Serous malfunction Help?

I just got back from the range after testing the new complete Fulcrum drop in trigger. I paid $185 from The Glock Store. Here is where it gets scary. The gun is now fully automatic. It scared the POOP out of me and I was very upset. I did not turn any of the screws for pre travel or anything. I just dropped it in and tried it out with the factory settings it came with. Now the question is what did I do wrong? And now what do I do? I guess I will now take it all out and ship it back the THEGLOCKSTORE for a new one. I guess I better let a gun smith put in the next one.

What was funny is the guys who worked at the range all wanted to fire it before I left the range. They liked shooting a Glock ful auto but not realy what I wanted from a Fulcrum Trigger.

Edited by JayJayJay

I think theres a installation video on youtube you can use as a reference.

I did use the video from youtube. The guy in it is the guy who owns THEGLOCKSTORE. It was very simple to install it. I should sue them becasue I may never be able to fire a gun again :-) It was a little scary at first but fun.

Is it a run-away gun (pull the trigger once and it empties the mag whether you want it to or not) or is it press and release?

I would fire the first round with no problem but once I let the trigger pressure off to reset the trigger 4 - 6 more rounds would fire fully auto. I had one of the guys in the shop fire it also. He said to get rid of that trigger asap. He tried to make me take out the trigger there before I left but I told him I will do it as soon as I got home. He stressed that I could be arrested.

Bitch and complain! I'd have fun with it for at least a week (or the next match! :goof: ). How many rounds went skyward the first time you pulled the trigger? :goof:

The first round fired fine, it was the next 4-6 rounds that just fired on their own.