Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Ruger LC9

usmc1974

That's a bummer! I'm sorry to hear that. I've got almost 2k rounds through my LCP and no failures oh any kind. I bought it almost a year ago so it was produced well after all the recall fun, but honestly, Ruger needs to get these guns working right BEFORE they leave the factory.

That's a bummer! I'm sorry to hear that. I've got almost 2k rounds through my LCP and no failures oh any kind. I bought it almost a year ago so it was produced well after all the recall fun, but honestly, Ruger needs to get these guns working right BEFORE they leave the factory.

Yep, I thought Ruger where about the tuffest on the market. Got a 93 94 and a stainless GB had a custom 1022 .

Yep, I thought Ruger where about the tuffest on the market. Got a 93 94 and a stainless GB had a custom 1022 .

I'm with ya. I've always had the utmost faith in Ruger. I've got 2 new 581 series mini 14's in sage int. aluminum cqb stocks, one I had shortened to 14.5 with a perm fh installed and the other is 18.5 that I had threaded and installed a fh. No problems with either. Over 40k rounds between them not one failure. I had a P95, same thing it never failed but I sold it got an SR9 had to send it back a week after I got it for the recall. It worked fine before but it made me nervous so I sent it in. Then my bro got the SR556 about a year and a half ago and it wouldn't work! Had to send it back! It has been flawless since back but they wouldn't tell him what was wrong before. Weird... I still really like Ruger but they need to stop rushing these new designs out the door BEFORE they are ready. If you give the LC9 another chance let me know how it shoots.

Mike.

Mike

I picked a LC9 up 2 weeks ago and while I have only run 100 rounds through it, it has worked flawlessly.

Its amazing how small and flat it is for a 9mm. The trigger has long pull and reset but I like that in a pocket pistol.

I'm with ya. I've always had the utmost faith in Ruger. I've got 2 new 581 series mini 14's in sage int. aluminum cqb stocks, one I had shortened to 14.5 with a perm fh installed and the other is 18.5 that I had threaded and installed a fh. No problems with either. Over 40k rounds between them not one failure. I had a P95, same thing it never failed but I sold it got an SR9 had to send it back a week after I got it for the recall. It worked fine before but it made me nervous so I sent it in. Then my bro got the SR556 about a year and a half ago and it wouldn't work! Had to send it back! It has been flawless since back but they wouldn't tell him what was wrong before. Weird... I still really like Ruger but they need to stop rushing these new designs out the door BEFORE they are ready. If you give the LC9 another chance let me know how it shoots.

Mike.

Mike

I think Ruger ahs been rushing product out to the market and we are have been seeing that in the recalls.

I am still very interesting in looking at the LC9, I want a nice affordable 9mm pocket gun, and I was hoping that the Ruger would be the one to go to

I think Ruger ahs been rushing product out to the market and we are have been seeing that in the recalls.

I am still very interesting in looking at the LC9, I want a nice affordable 9mm pocket gun, and I was hoping that the Ruger would be the one to go to

Don't get me wrong, I love my .380 LCP! And yes the LC9 will be my next ccw. I was just ranting a bit because I'm noticing a bit of a trend with Rugers new designs. They're all really cool, but they seem to be sending'em out a little early. I'm with you though. For a carry nine the LC9 will be the way to go. I'll get one I'm just going to wait now to see if his firing pin was an isolated issue or if its going to be some sort of recall.

Mike

• 9 months later...

I just picked up one of these (x-mas bonus)and took it out to the range yesterday. Fired 150 rounds with no failures of any kind-ran like a sewing machine. However, I couldn't hit the side of a barn with it. That l-o-n-g heavy trigger pull is hard for me to deal with. More practice? I wonder if anything could be done about the trigger.

I just picked up one of these (x-mas bonus)and took it out to the range yesterday. Fired 150 rounds with no failures of any kind-ran like a sewing machine. However, I couldn't hit the side of a barn with it. That l-o-n-g heavy trigger pull is hard for me to deal with. More practice? I wonder if anything could be done about the trigger.

I'm sure something could be done for the trigger, but you should probably just dryfire it a lot. The triggers on a lot of guns improve dramatically after a few hundred dryfires. Of course, shooting it a lot works too, but dryfire is a lot cheaper :cheers:

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

I just got one at the Bill Goodman's gunshow in Dayton. $329, extra mags were $32 each. Put couple mags thru it, shot great. I was replacing a Kahr CW9 that I just didn't trust. Kept having failure to feed issues with the Kahr. It has a long heavy trigger pull, but similar to the Kahr. I was looking for a M&P Shield, but they were not to be found. Think I will use the certificate I won at the In. Sectional from El Paso Saddlery for a nice carry holster for it.

• 2 weeks later...

Slight necro but I've found that with mine I'm more accurate shooting it strong hand only. There's not enough gun to get a good grip with two hands and at least for me, the pull is so long my trigger finger would touch the support hand before the thing fired and throw off my aim.

We were able to get about 2 inch groups at 10 yards SLLOOOWWW firing with Winchester 147gr PDX1s. Groups were also good with my 147gr lead bullet with 3.3gr of N320.

• 1 month later...

Just picked one of these up and have already done the mag safety mod and the loaded chamber indicator mod. Will be ordering the trigger kit from Galloway when they have stock. Haven't even shot the pistol yet but I'm a tinkerer. So far I like the ergonomics (added a Hogue Handall Jr. rubber grip) and with the pinkie extension on the mag it feels like a compact in my small hands. Can't wait to get to the range this weekend to see how it shoots.

I expect to pick up my new LC9 from my FFL tomorrow. $335 with a laser from GunsAmerica. This will be my first experiment with laser sights. I am hoping they will be useful for dry fire practice and point and shoot drills. I shot my buddy's SR9 the other day and it was sweet! I really can't justify buying another 9mm that size but I don't know how long that will stop me.

Every mfr has problems from time. Overall Ruger guns have an excellent track record of reliability and ruggedness. I buy Ruger with the intention of paying for a trigger job. I expect I will do tha Galway upgrade on the LC9. They are having trouble getting parts and are not shipping their kit. You can mail in your OEM Ruger parts and they will modify them.

I buy Ruger with the intention of paying for a trigger job. I expect I will do tha Galway upgrade on the LC9. They are having trouble getting parts and are not shipping their kit. You can mail in your OEM Ruger parts and they will modify them.

I purchased my LC9 in February, so I guess it is about time for an update on Galloway trigger modification. I first removed the mag disconnect, but not the LCI. I have put about 1600 rounds through the LC9 since the trigger mod. I have tried most major brands of factory ammo and 5 or 6 of my different 9MM hadloads. My main concern was that the gun had to function each and every time, prior to using it as my EDC gun. It has been flawless, no FTF, FTE, or any other stoppage. As for the trigger itself, it does not reduce the trigger pull, only the length of pull. It is really smooth. The shorter trigger pull has produced a remarkable improvement in my accuracy, not the guns accuracy, but in my ability to shoot it more accurately. IMHO, this is an upgrade that really completes the gun for CCW use. It now has replaced my P3AT as my EDC gun.

• 4 weeks later...

I had an LC9 that would sometimes produce light primer strikes on S&B and PMC ammo. My other nines had no trouble with the same ammo. Wound up getting my money back. YMMV.

I tried one at my local range last week. Or, I should say my girlfriend did. At 20 feet she put the first 3 bullets she shot on top of each other. She had not shot for 6 months, a year before that.

I am definitely keeping the girlfriend

I've put probably 200 rounds through mine now and have to say that although it's fired flawlessly, the Galloway trigger is on the top of my list. Going from my Edge with a 2# trigger and 3/16th's of travel to this guy is a HUGE difference. I don't mind the weight of the trigger, just the travel. I'll probably pull it apart and send it in after Christmas. I would rather order parts and install them when they get here though. Come on Galloway, get your shit together!!!