Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Revolver grips

stoked4AA

I used to shoot revo a lot. Back in 1976 I found a pair of Hogue wood grips with finger grooves that fit me well and never hampered my grip during the draw. Am shooting a revo (S&W 686) again in IDPA with these grips and still like them.

JMHOFWIW

Richard

+1

well except for the 20 years part

Are you sure you own a revolver!!!!

I like my Jerry grips on my 686 but my 625 moves in my hand to much so I have hogue finger.

Brent

It is seems to me that not the finger grooves, but a Coke bottle shape gives a shooter a more comfortable grip.

I have used JM grips on my S&W625 4”for awhile (it was a nice and sexy look), but I recently switched to custom wooden checkered Hogue’s grip (no finger grooves). I have now much better control of my gun with major and heavy loads. I voted for “no finger grooves” grips, but I like rubber Hogue’s for my carry wheel gun though.

Rubber Hogue grips with grooves. I think the grooves give each finger a little better grip to prevent muzzle rise.

Still, I could see where they'd be a problem if the grooves didn't fit your hand's finger spacing.

I tried JM's smooth wood grips ONCE when I first got a 625. Had trouble holding on the the gun with the smooth wood sliding around in my hands.

Anyone want the JM grips at half price, PM me.

I run smooth JM on all my N frames and my L 686, but the rubber finger groove Houges are the best on my little 2" 66. I guess they are perfect fit for my hand, but prefer the smooth wood on all the others.