Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Magazine from Henningshop - New Mec-Gar?

JCB

Anyone know if Henning will sell the new Mec-Gar magazine that is out?

I see MidWay have them already. And they are the new from Tanfoglio... Or, Mec-Gar is making them now for Tanfoglio/EAA.

The T symbol from Tanfo is on them I see.

I really hope this makes the 40 and nosedive issue go away!

Cant wait to get my hands on some...

Also the blued mags hold better than the chrome.

• 2 weeks later...

Available in EU.

IMG_2559.jpg

IMG_2558.jpg

Nice loko3

I see Midway USA have them, but not Midway Norway yet, think/hope its in the process with export papers.

Do you know who sells Mec-Gar in europe?

I wanna buy fast! Im pretty close to throwing my Limited Custom now. I have so much feed problem with my 40 that my hands are tierd of racking.

Love the gun. Tried a SVI today, good to, but still love my Tanfo, but not the nosedive issue. So I really hope Mec-Gar set up will help.

• 2 weeks later...

OK, well I got one from Midway today, it does not fit my Witness Match 9mm (large frame). I'm guessing it's 'small frame' (whatever those are). There's only one 9mm mag you can order. Model / part:

Item: MGGT2116B "Witness 9MM 16RD BLUE"

Pic below of the difference between mags. Mec-gar 9mm Witness on the left, EAA 9MM Match mag on the right

2uot2ch.jpg

I told Midway about that... that they should have a little more info.

But that was new to them of largeframe/smallframe.

They thought the difference only was in witness and compact....

So they where going to look in to it...

• 2 weeks later...

JCB: Mec-Gar are made in Italy. You can order the magazines through one of their resellers in Europe or go to Italy yourself and load up a truck full :-) Just mail them and ask who's got em. They told me that a new Tanfoglio Base Pad is under development that they will be added to the magazine before Tanfoglio them self start selling 'em.

Edited by loko3

Would be nice if they answer mail though :)

But from what I know, the 40 mag is not out yet, just 9mm and 38sup.

Just have to wait I guess.

They answer mails,.........

"Dear Mr. Petter,

the magazine tubes are ready but still we are waiting for the plastic butt-plates.

We expect we shall be able to offer the complete magazines in June.

Best regards,

Rosella"

Just going to toss the butt plates anyways and add the extensions!!!!

True, but they can't sell the tubes without the butt plates, otherwise one of the other forum user's complaints about a gun being sold with non-working mags will become irrefutably true. huh.gif

FYI those new .40 MegGar mags will probably have the more permanent spacer in them like the 9mm ones do. Right now you can't load the 9mm mags past 21 (20 reloadable)without the follower getting caught on the bottom of the spacer. I've got a solution spec'd out but I haven't had time to prototype it yet.

If the 40 mag will have the spacer and creating some problems.

Anyone know if they are going to make an 10mm mag? That would be a good solution to use I guess.

And, yeah, please share your modification when you get the time :cheers:

Edited by JCB

• 3 weeks later...

Well Bruce Piatt gave me one of the new generation Caspian magazines and with a very small amount of fitting I was able to use it in the EAA LTD. It only holds 18 rounds.....but....GUESS WHAT??? It will feed ANYTHING!!! Short factory loaded hollow points..bring em. Long loaded special EAAA rounds no problem, CCI .40 cal ShotShells no prob! Ran 200 rounds of Winchester White box no problem. I know I am giving up a bit of ammo, but I am going to go with a sure 18 these thins fixed the whole problem, It runs my reloads that HAVE NOT been roll sized or run through a push throuhg sizer just a good old Dillion carbide sizer and range brass. It just runs and runs and runs. NO MORE NOSE DIVES! KurtM

Sure, it was EASY!!! ON the Caspian magazine there is a HUGE aluminum Base pad It won't go into the LTD mag well. What I did was take the base pad off the Caspian mag and filed the first two ridges off the back retainer down to flush with the rest of the retainer, and the back of the pad it'sself to match the retainer. Then I put the pad on the mag tube and rammed it into the mag well on the pistol and got a couple of marks on the base pad, and took to fileing them away....this is only the back 1/3 of the base pad and in NO WAY hurts the strength of the pad to mag hook-up. Repeated this process untill the mag both fit in freely and fell out freely...about 10 minutes of trial and file....DIDN'T even use a vice!!! Basically if you remove the material from the pad to make the rear of the pad smooth, instead of the ball cut down the side, it will slide in perfectly! If you have a Caspian mag in hand all this is almost self evident. Like I said about 10 minutes and it fit and ran and ran and ran!!

Now that I have done one, I can almost do one in 5 minutes with a file cause I now know where and how much, on a belt sander...maybe 2 minutes? YOU DON'T HAVE TO DO ANYTHING TO THE MAG TUBE!!! anyway ENJOY!!! KurtM