Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

What type of Competition Bag do you use?

Pro-Pain

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My main RangeBag is the big Midwayusa bag. Wait for it to go on sale: Its a good value priced bag. Mine is approaching 2 years old, and is holding up great. I have their "tactical pistol cases" (also bought on sale) for each pistol, so I can switch between guns easily (Production, Limited and Single Stack).

I also have duffel style bag ( for 3 gun competitions) and a tool style bag (for my knee and elbow pads).

Lastly, I use a small camera style bag for my chrono....

Shooters Connection Tournament Series bag. Built to last with pockets for everything. The only thing I might wish for on it would be wheels when I overload it.

Same here! Well 2 of them one for me and one for the wife. and we put them in a rolling cart! Love that bag!

The trick is to find a bag that holds everything you need, but JUST holds everything you need. My i-Shot bag is just right. I'm afraid I'd fill anything bigger with more tools and gadgets, and anything smaller means leaving something important out or bringing another bag.

BBBean and Sig: I currently have a MOLLE bug out bag i was going to run, and figured if I need more room, lash some pouches on the outside, or if not, take 'em off. I too am concerned I'll find something to fill up the extra pockets on a bigger bag.

I bought a Hafner Worldwide bag about 15 years ago at a Florida gun show (they used to go the the Melbourne show when I lived there). I think I paid about $110 for the bag then, and it has been worth every stinkin' penny. I don't know what the model name is (it seems to have features in between the Action Plus Standard and Professional models). It is huge, and unfortunately can hold about 70 lbs of gear.

I'm a pack rat, so I typically have about 2X the ammo required, plus a half dozen spare mags in the loops, cleaning stuff, primary and spare glasses and earmuffs, food, water, sunscreen, paper towels, q-tips, toothpicks, mag brush, and a bunch of other sundry things. In fact, it is not completely uncommon for me to have bruises that match the plastic shoulder pad ridges by the end of a day if I've really loaded up.

I love this bag, but I almost wish I'd bought the medium instead. :)

I've got a Midway Comp bag and have had it for almost 4 years and it still looks new...a bag with 2 pistol rugs and a pull out ammo carrier for match day a place to hold a water bottle, a place for mags, a place for tools and a place to lay ur gun to work on it and 3 other pouches ont the outside u can't beat it for the price when on sale I recently bout a voodoo tactical range bag for a smaller bag and it's ok I wish i'd got the smaller midway bag

I suggest a quick search for 'range bag' in this Gear & Accessories...I mean dozens on threads and hundreds of post on bags and packs. wink.gif

5.11 Rush 24. Love it, especially the hydration pack storage.

post-1015-076156600 1297870689_thumb.jpg

I am thinking about getting one of these backpacks. Could you tell us more about the bag? Also, is it possible for some pictures of what you have inside of the bag?

Thanks much.

I am thinking about getting one of these backpacks. Could you tell us more about the bag? Also, is it possible for some pictures of what you have inside of the bag?

Thanks much.

Can't help with the pictures, found the bag (and on sale) . . .

http://www.lapolicegear.com/511-tactical-rush-24-bag.html

Yup that where i got mine. On sale for 79.99 with free shipping and some other free junk. Should be here Tuesday. Ill post back my impressions then

Thanks much.

Can't help with the pictures, found the bag (and on sale) . . .

http://www.lapolicegear.com/511-tactical-rush-24-bag.html

Yup that where i got mine. On sale for 79.99 with free shipping and some other free junk. Should be here Tuesday. Ill post back my impressions then

I was going to order from them but it said that it was backordered. I just placed the order at "Optic's Planet". They had the same price with free shipping but had the backpack in stock. I ordered the desert tan one...

I look forward to seeing it. :cheers:

I use green canvas tool bags I got at Lowes or Home Depot. About as big as the small SC bag at about 1/10th the price. Does not have all the cool pockets but I don't need to be the coolest looking guy at the range I just need stuff that works