Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

USPSA World Shoot Revo Team

cliffwalsh

(spelling is phonetic - Mike, that means it's spelled the way is sounds)

WTF Jerry? Are you under the impression that despite my 20 years of formal education (all of which was obtained north of the Mason-Dixon line, I might add), I haven't yet run across the word phonetic?

;)

Yup. figured you'd run across it... and then backed up and ran over it again, got out and looked at it and said "WTF is that?" :P

Besides, Cliff was too easy of a target... :lol:

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You're very welcome Mike, Cliff, Jerry and Pat (in no particular order :))

We'd been taking with Bob Perdue about it for a few months. We all wanted to do something for our World Shoot Revo Team and this was the route to go. Hope you enjoy the shirts. Have an awesome time and bring back the gold!!! :cheers:

The Irish Family

Jerry, I have always found that the illiteracy jokes are best directed at the Revolver shooters from Tennessee and Oklahoma. :devil:

WHUT?... :cheers:

• 3 months later...

Guys, I have to report an unfortunate development. I just sent the following email to Michael Voigt:

Dear Mike,

With great reluctance, I have to withdraw from the World Shoot. I am not going to be able to go to Greece.

On July 28, I left the law firm where I have practiced for the past 12 years. It was not a cordial departure, and it was not something that I had been anticipating.

Over the past few weeks, I have been working around the clock to establish my own solo practice. And after much consideration, I have decided that I cannot risk being out of the country for two weeks just as I am launching a new business.

I sincerely apologize for any adverse impact on the U.S. Team, and hope there is still time for USPSA to replace me with another shooter

Mike Carmoney

I am making arrangements to reimburse the friends who have provided support for my participation in the match (notably Bob, the Irish clan, and Jerry C.). Thanks again for the generosity.

Sorry guys, I really wanted to figure out a way to make the match. But with all the upheaval, it's just not in the cards for me this time around.

Best of luck Mike, though I fail to see how a cigar-chomping gun-toting attorney could do anything but succeed. You're like a recurring character in about five different thriller series I read. Can I have your slot?

Matt

Edited by Matt Griffin

It is unfortunate that Mike can't go but that is the life of the self employeed. That is one of the things that makes retirement so nice, no interuptions in plans due to work.

All divisions should have the financial support of the USPSA for the World Shoot. Let your votes count in the election.

Thanks guys for the supportive words.

Starting this new law office has been quite a whirlwind, but so far it's actually been pretty fun! And I've been really gratified at how many of my old clients have elected to keep their cases with me, and even send me new business. Although I was an equity partner in the other law firm for a number of years, this new thing gives me real control over my destiny.....or at least it will eventually.

It's just bad timing, that's all.....

Anyway, I am planning to make up for it by shooting more matches here in the states. Taking long weekends isn't going to present the problems that two weeks out of the country might present.

Matt, it would be great if you can grab my spot on the Revo team. It would only make the team that much stronger.

Whatever happens, I am still very confident that the U.S. Revo team will bring home the gold! :cheers:

Mike,

I was very looking forward to meet you and to get to know you in Greece. But as also being "selfemployed" I can understand this very good. I started right before Bali...

Let's just shift this to next WS 2014! Or somewhere before.

We'll have some ouzos with the us boys for you also!

DVC,

Sascha

Looks like I might be able to make it. If anyone could offer advice on how to handle the ammunition question I would appreciate it. I'm sure we can't fly with 700 rounds of ammo, right?

Matt

Matt,

Ok, so you have to drink Mikes Ouzos... :cheers::wacko::roflol:

But back to topic - the IATA rules of the airlines I know are 5KG of ammo per passenger. This means "not enough".

Luckily for me, the BDS ("German USPSA") organized ammo freight transport for the german team shooters. Don't know, how this is handled in USA? Do you shoot .45? If so, you can buy so called official match ammuniton from geco at the match. Do you have a user in IPSC global village? There, this topic is discussed extensively... Global Village - Match Ammo

I too want to wish Mike all the success in the world in his new venture. I'm sure he will do well and be much happier also.

I'm really worried about Otis though. Without Mike OR Dave Moss to hold his head up out of the water, it could get dicey. Especialy when he dives into the ouzo. Somebody please explain the difference in alcohol content before Cliff tries to drink it all :surprise:

Best wishes to the team and I hope Matt can go....he'll be a left-handed sensation over there. He proves lefties have NO handicap in revo!

Bob.

A16841

I think it's too late to get in on the ammo shipment (at least that's what I've been told).

Assuming you can get the gun permits and such all aligned (also too late from what I've been told, but there might be some wiggle room or you might be already signed up or something)

Then you can try and get enough onto the plane.. word is that's unlikely to work as the airlines from Athens to Rhodes are picky about ammo weight. Bring another person or you might get away with it if you fly direct from the US to Athens and then take a ferry to Rhodes (this is not a short ferry ride)... maybe.

I'd start by e-mailing the match ammo people. The ordering deadline has passed but the payment deadline hasn't yet, so there might be a chance. They are pretty responsive in any case. Supposedly "some" match ammo will be for sale at the range, but I wouldn't bet the farm on it.

You might also find other shooters that are bringing extra ammo and see what you can borrow, a-la Benos at Bianchi way back when...

Michael Voigt replied that I could get the slot if I could get everything lined up quickly, the ammo is really my only question. I've emailed Todd Jarrett but I don't know that he'll respond in time. Any other ideas? How is Todd doing the shipping, maybe I could do the same?

Matt