Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Tax Refunds!

Chris Keen

Now, on to the more fun side of Chris's question......a sweet new single-stack 1911 is just what you need, Brother! I love breaking out my single-stacks every year around this time, in order to get ready for the big SSC match over at PASA. It's fun to blast with a hi-capacity (8+1) gun every now and then. :D

Just spent part of mine and its not even back yet. Found a Wilson combat I couldn't resist. Some finish wear on the slide but locks up very tight and is good smooth action. I figure I can have it refinished later if I want to or just enjoy it as it is. Carry IWB with Kydex usually so don't mind the finish wear as its going to get worn anyway. Always wanted a nice WC, Baer, Ed Brown etc to carry just couldn't justify the price new.

Mostly being good with mine... About 20% to new toys (need a front sight and more mags for my AR, new os and hard drive for my dead computer. The rest is going to (make a ridiculously tiny dent in) credit card balances.

Withholding is the biggest scam ever perpetrated by our government. If everybody had to actually write out checks and mail them to the IRS like I do every quarter, and again on April 15, I believe the taxpayers would be much more willing to hold our elected officials accountable for how our money gets spent.

Agreed - anyone who doesn't get a refund and wants one, let me know. We can adjust your withholdings and you can get whatever refund you may want. Otherwise, you're much better off owing as much as you can afford to pay. It's the best interest-free loan you'll ever have.

Had to pay a few K last year. Get a few K back this time. Its going to pay for my Colts season tickets and in Indiana we get raped on car plates so there goes another K.

I will have enough left to buy a few pounds of powder.