Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Stippled Grips

TannerB

I don't have a picture but the stippling that Eddie Jimenea in Houston does is out of this world and looks very different, too.

Some friends of mine have it and even during a Houston summer match, it works.

You'll have the pattern embossed in your hand after shooting the gun.

Anyone from Houston? Anyone have a pic?

You may want to google Eddie and ask for a pic.

Good luck!

I picked up a used STI grip about a year ago...anytime I want to try something new, I grab that and use it as a test...

I have done: Paint (and decided not to as I cant even do splatter paint and make it look good), stippling (time consuming but not difficult, Alum ox grit (works well) and just this morning I am testing some steel epoxy with texturing I applied to see how that works.

My suggestion is just go for it!

I don't have a picture but the stippling that Eddie Jimenea in Houston does is out of this world and looks very different, too.

Some friends of mine have it and even during a Houston summer match, it works.

You'll have the pattern embossed in your hand after shooting the gun.

Anyone from Houston? Anyone have a pic?

You may want to google Eddie and ask for a pic.

Good luck!

Here is Eddie jimenia's grip stippling, he does fantastic work

post-6635-055342900 1296949737_thumb.jpg

I was also impressed with Bobby at Freedom gunworks stipple work on the "Gator Gun" He made the grips look like aligator skin.. That was really cool.

I'm hoping to get Bobby to do something very similar for the 6" gun he is building for me. :cheers:

I was also impressed with Bobby at Freedom gunworks stipple work on the "Gator Gun" He made the grips look like aligator skin.. That was really cool.

I'm hoping to get Bobby to do something very similar for the 6" gun he is building for me. :cheers:

I tried to find a picture, with no luck!

http://www.brianenos.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=106833

http://www.brianenos.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=115086

• 7 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Yes, this is an airsoft gun, but its the only 2011 I have at the time being.

I used one of the chisel shaped soldering irons, but I used the corner, and touched the grip only briefly and with very light pressure. I really like the way it came out. It has good tack, so much so that I may even sand it down a little bit. I like because of the smaller "marks" it is easier to get a uniform looking grip. It is also easier to work around shapes, as you can see I made a thumb relief for the mag release and left the diamonds on the grip portion, and I think it looks cool. But I will say, it does cut down on weak hand real estate with a grippy texture. On the real steel I would probably stipple the whole thing. I did leave the original gap between the front rear and side stippling which I think gives a nice look.

post-33893-0-27183300-1333483453_thumb.j post-33893-0-66682800-1333483461_thumb.j post-33893-0-66621300-1333483813_thumb.j