Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Near Fatal Motorcycle Crash

Joe D

I know the feeling, but I made the same promise to my wife. I put her through a lot. She did not know what she was going to have when I came out of the comma. Now that I am retired I will be able to keep another promise I made laying in the rehab clinic. I plan on doing volunteer work at the VA helping the soldiers that also have TBI due to IEDs.

Coolness.

Really!

I know the feeling, but I made the same promise to my wife. I put her through a lot. She did not know what she was going to have when I came out of the comma. Now that I am retired I will be able to keep another promise I made laying in the rehab clinic. I plan on doing volunteer work at the VA helping the soldiers that also have TBI due to IEDs.

If ever a dark cloud had a silver lining :bow:

My prayers and very best wishes to you!

Jim

Coolness.

Really!

+100

:cheers:

Coolness.

Really!

+3...

It's kinda' WEIRD...I was lookin' here and on another Forum to see if you had commented on the Gen4 Glock Triggers and the "New, Improved" Trigger Bar they are puttin' in 'em...NOW I know why I haven't seen any comments on that subject...

Hope your RECOVERY from here on out is many times LESS EVENTFUL than your last Motorcycle Ride....mikey357

• 1 month later...

Well I had my jaw surgery Tuesday. It is good to have a chin once again. Seemed pretty complicated to me. Jaw bone was cut in four places and moved forward. The first couple of days I looked pretty scary. Guess I should have waited until Halloween. My strength is returning. I still have a long way to go to get the 35-40 lbs back, but I am getting there.

Most Wednesdays I work with TBI guys at the VA.

Glad you made it and can still do things you enjoy! I just sold mine, I liked the way the 1000RR felt at throttle lock way too much. I'm rolling the money into a tractor, I think I can resist the need for speed a little better on that.

Edited by Red_SC

• 10 months later...

Joe, glad you are recovering. I gave up the final bike two years ago after 37 years of riding without a serious accident. With all the old farts you read about in the paper getting killed in bike crashes every summer, I started thinking that my luck most likely would run out someday. With that, it just wasn't fun anymore. God bless the lovely missus too, she never nagged at me to quit and when I told her I was going to, she told me to make sure, so there would be no regrets. There haven't been.

Glad you are recovering. Perhaps a status update as to how you are doing now?

The scary part about bikes is that you are only on two wheels. There was a major accident just this last year here when a vehicle dropped some oil on the off ramp coming off I-94. A bike hit the oil and slid right off the ramp and into the grassy 3 sided hole formed between the on ramp and the cloverleaf off ramp. On 4 wheels he might have just slid a bit and recovered, might have still gone off the road and possibly even rolled. He had no chance of recovery on his bike.

son of a bitch.. thats some crash, injuries, luck, and best of all, recovery. im 38 now, been riding on the street since i was 17, had my share of spills, but NEVER anything even remotely like that. damn, just gives me shivers. but today, im kinda like the other guy who gave up bikes for something safer: running around as fast as i can with a loaded hair trigger gun.

best of luck (you may have used up more than your share already) to you, friend.

Wow man..! SO glad you survived it..!!

I had a doozer in '86 w/ my freshly restored '63 Police Special... I waited 18 full years before I thought I'd try riding again

and bought a used Road King. I rode it 3 weekends in a row from Savannah to Beaufort, SC. and adjoining area's,

nearly got nailed on each of the 3 weekends, and sold the bike the following Monday after the last close call...

I miss riding, but not the endless uncertainty and such associated with it... 'Glad you had on your helmet and "Fancy Pants".! Lol.!

Be safe and learn from it..! Recover well bud..!!

Eric!

Good luck bro.....I still ride but VERY defensively and carefully.

Those are some WHITE legs! Man you'd think you were from VT and this happened right after the winter looking at those legs. lol

Play the lottery 'cos others here are absolutely right....you're one lucky man.

I'm sure you'll be back to master very soon.

JK

Motorcycles are dangerous! (says the guy with 8 plates in his face/skull from a motorcycle v. tanker truck run-in, and nearly a dozen smashed lids in the garage from racing bikes after said run-in)

Glad to hear a fellow rider is on the mend.